• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Take a seat...

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
But where?
Most people usually ask when they visit.

These are some pictures taken from my old camera:

Northwest side:
cimg0291.jpg

West side:
cimg0318b.jpg

South side:
cimg0288m.jpg

Southeast side:
cimg0299.jpg

My bed is on the North side, and on my "East" side there's nothing there, just a wall, that's why no picture was taken. Now the thing is, what (and where) can I put a seat or something for guests to sit? Obviously nothing too big, I like my spacious space.

I'd prefer something for 2 people, but then again, something for one is good enough.

Anyone know anything small that will not only fit (physically and the style the room), but be comfortable enough for guests?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
You crack me up!!!

:yes:

Have your, err.. friends sit on your bed. :newwink:

Question:

Where are all your books?

:confused:

Surely you have more than you display!!!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
black-rocking-chair-3.jpg

Don't ask why, it doesn't really match your decor, but it would be a cool and interesting eclectic addition.

I love rocking chairs!!!

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You crack me up!!!

:yes:

Have your, err.. friends sit on your bed. :newwink:

Question:

Where are all your books?

:confused:

Surely you have more than you display!!!
Hey, I'm talking about my friends, not friends. ;)

For instance, I had a friend, a director, who wanted to use my room for a music video and there were 8 people here once, with nowhere to sit.

And yeah, like I mentioned those pictures were taken from my old (lost in a snowboarding trip) camera. I actually have all my astronomy and other favorite books in front nowadays. As for the rest of the books—fuck it for now—'til I get a bigger place.

black-rocking-chair-3.jpg

Don't ask why, it doesn't really match your decor, but it would be a cool and interesting eclectic addition.

I love rocking chairs!!!
Hmm, anything better then that "back-in-my-day" / World War II rocking chair?

:)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
cloud9bedcrop.jpg

^ Not for you, but daaaayum, I'd love a rocking bed! :drool:

meridienne.jpg

^ seems to match your decor. :/

pharell_anal_sex_chair.jpg

^this seats two. :)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd prefer something for 2 people, but then again, something for one is good enough.

How big are these people? :thelook:

Anyone know anything small that will not only fit (physically and the style the room), but be comfortable enough for guests?

As a former software sales rep, in order for me to be of service, it is helpful for me to know your budget. :yes:

NOTES:
My favorite chairs have some sort of arm rests. I hate chairs that expect me to sit up perfect and don't afford me a chance to lean into a corner and chill when I want to.

Do you have a preference in the color of this/these chair(s)? Do you want it/them to blend into your room, or contrast?

Wood, metal, leather, cloth? Preference? Love of? Disdain for?

:happy:

-Alex

P.S. I take interior design very SRSLY. :newwink: My house is wild and eccentric but fun as hell to live in. I have no issue with shelling out greenbacks for something to make a room better, or most importantly complete. Interesting space you have there! :yes:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
various seating arrangements I've had throughout my life in such a space are:

bean bags of various colors- toss them in a pile in the corner when nobody is sitting on them and drag them out when there's guests :)

a steamer trunk with cushions across the top... storage space AND a cushioned bench! :holy:

an antique chaise lounge... single person lounging, several people for seating :yes:

sinister looking antique wingback chairs... makes me feel like a classic villain for sitting in and a very convenient place for "clothes storage" if you're the jacket thrown on a chair type like I am :blush:

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
cloud9bedcrop.jpg

^ Not for you, but daaaayum, I'd love a rocking bed! :drool:
I see a pattern:

Rocking bed, rocking chair...

;)

meridienne.jpg

^ seems to match your decor. :/
Too curvy for moi.

pharell_anal_sex_chair.jpg

^this seats two. :)
Anal sex chair? Hmm, I think I can make a sequel called "A Clockwork Strawberry" with that one. :devil:

vis-a-vis-black-label-chair2.jpg

Horrible upholstery, cool idea!

:)
That's kinda cool in an old fashion-modern way.

---

How big are these people? :thelook:
It's not how big they are, it's how small my room is. ;)

As a former software sales rep, in order for me to be of service, it is helpful for me to know your budget. :yes:
Well, my budget is 3 cents, 1 nickel, a paper clip and a piece of lint. In other words, very low. Most of the items I have were found off craigslist, and I further remade/tweak it and in the end painting it.

NOTES:
My favorite chairs have some sort of arm rests. I hate chairs that expect me to sit up perfect and don't afford me a chance to lean into a corner and chill when I want to.

Do you have a preference in the color of this/these chair(s)? Do you want it/them to blend into your room, or contrast?
For me, I want something that fits the theme of the room, then again blends in. (I'll let my gadgets, telescope, books, and other stuff stand out.) Obviously something black and "square-ish" I like uniformity.

For my guests, I just want something comfortable. I don't want them to be uncomfortable at all.

Wood, metal, leather, cloth? Preference? Love of? Disdain for?

:happy:
Well all the things in my room are a combination of wood and small amounts of metal; so I'd like to continue that theme. Mainly wood. Leather can work though, definitely not cloth or light material. I like something sturdy.

-Alex

P.S. I take interior design very SRSLY. :newwink: My house is wild and eccentric but fun as hell to live in. I have no issue with shelling out greenbacks for something to make a room better, or most importantly complete. Interesting space you have there! :yes:
That's cool, I'm trying to refine it my skills here. I have a big ass umbrella by the roof outside (accessible through the window) there and I'm also looking for chairs for the summertime.

Anyway, since all the things are "low" (bed, night table, TV stand). I'd prefer something that goes along with it too. I thought about a bar table and stools, but that might make it look off. Then again, my bookcase is pretty tall.

If I can sum it up, I'd like my pad to be a lounge type of area (my friends call it the boom-boom room, or more direct "the fuck room") :laugh: I just like my red walls.

---

various seating arrangements I've had throughout my life in such a space are:

bean bags of various colors- toss them in a pile in the corner when nobody is sitting on them and drag them out when there's guests :)

a steamer trunk with cushions across the top... storage space AND a cushioned bench! :holy:

an antique chaise lounge... single person lounging, several people for seating :yes:

sinister looking antique wingback chairs... makes me feel like a classic villain for sitting in and a very convenient place for "clothes storage" if you're the jacket thrown on a chair type like I am :blush:
Well damn, I like the second one. It's giving me an idea...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I did the steamer trunk/cushions thing when I lived in a small dorm room where I was short on storage space and seating... it worked really well and the cushions made it comfortable enough that I perched there to do my homework! :)