• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nachoes... OF THE GODS!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Someone needs to Australianize this recipe into brands I recognize. I vote Trinity.

No fear, giant beer! v

- 1 bag nachoes! (durr whot'd yeu expect?) I used Doritoes zesty cheese nachoes for it

Gitcha some Doritoes or CCs.

- 1 jar of cheeze nacho dip; I used a 400ml jar of tostitos salsa con queso

Zap a jar of cheese spread in the microwave, mix it with Mexican salsa stuff and taa-da: cheeze nacho dip!

- 1/2 can of black olives (about 250ml)

We have olives too. Black things off your Greek neighbours tree.

- 1/2 jar jalapino peppers (about 200ml)

Mmmmyum, we have jalapeño's too.

- 1 large tomato, just slightly under ripe, not fully red yet; keeps it from getting too mushy when cooking

We have tomato's too. It's like sauce, just more solid.

- 1/2 package of hot itallian sausage; I can get the stuff like it's hamburger, rather than having to get sausages and cut them open, yay for being able to skip a step!

If I'm transposing the recipe you don't get sausage. Sorry.

- Frank's redhot sauce (about 5 tbsp, yes I'm insane)

Get some tabasco sauce, tip it all in.

- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice

- 2 tbsp ground cayenne

- 1 tbsp fresh ground black peppercorn

- 2 tbsp oregano

- chili flakes (sprinkle on top)

- parmesan cheese (grated; also sprinkle on top)

We also have all of them, most can be found in your Italian neighbours garden.

The only other change you need to Australianize this is to replace chocolate milk with beer :)

Damn! Now I want nachos!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
me too, my room mate makes pretty awesome nachos, you spread beans on each indivudual chip then you sprinkle cheese and then glob on queso put on jalapeno slice on each chip bake take out of oven then you eat with salsa and sour cream.simple and delicious

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
If I'm transposing the recipe you don't get sausage. Sorry.

Noooo! That was the main one I was iffy on! :doh:

Not ta worry -- I'll just pick something out of the woolies meat section and give it a burl. With that much tabasco sauce I won't taste it anyway, so the important thing is texture.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Noooo! That was the main one I was iffy on! :doh:

Not ta worry -- I'll just pick something out of the woolies meat section and give it a burl. With that much tabasco sauce I won't taste it anyway, so the important thing is texture.

Yeu actually do taste meat, especially if cut into larger chunks; I'd just suggest using something yeu find is tasty. Normally yeu'd use hamburger (ground beef) over here for this, but I prefer the taste of those sausages over ground beef, but the texture's the same. Just use whotever type of meat yeu think is tasty.

If yeu wanted to, I'm sure yeu could just use a ground portion of serloin.

Oh and I checked the amount on the package, 225g is 1/2 a package =3