User Tag List

First 123 Last

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Actually not a huge Franks Red Hot fan, seems more sweet to me than anything. More of a Sriracha person myself. Burns the hair right out of your nostrils!
    Amen. Franks is on the low end of the hot scale. It's for sissies.

More of a Sriracha person myself. Burns the hair right out of your nostrils!
    Best hot sauce in the land.

It's perfect with black beans, yellow rice, and a baked chicken. Or on sushi, or most things really...
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Yeah I'd noticed that about franks... it isn'tg hot at all just... sweet. I use so much of it since I like the flavour but I've never noticed it increase the heat value.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I tell everyone who will listen [my walls] that spicy foods are the reason I haven't gotten sick in about 8 years. That all those baby fetuses I eat. Stem cells are great!
    Hey, it's true. I haven't had a sick day since autumn 2007
    80% of everything I eat contains lots of hotness. Not baby fetuses
    I only eat those at Samhain...
    I wonder, I wonder... Could it really be the reason?
    Used to be ill (colds, coughs, the occasional fever) all the time before.
    The sudden stop of it all coincides with me learning how to cook.

My mother is a terrible cook, since her idea of heavy seasoning is dill in the sour cream.
    Typical Swedish/Finnish boondock food culture isn't really that exciting.
    The first thing I did when I had my own place was to eat tacos and fajitas a week in a row. Breakfast-lunch-dinner.
    Not kidding.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFP

Someone needs to Australianize this recipe into brands I recognize. I vote Trinity.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Meh don't need the brand names honestly I just put them there so people would know exactly whot I used so it could be identically replicated.

Yeu can use any kind of nachoes that already have been cheesed, and a cheese based dipping sauce would work regardless of the brand I'm sure. The hot sauce admittedly is far more sweet than hot though; would suggest cutting back on the amount if yeu use a hot sauce that's actually hot is all. Make those changes and it should be compatible anywhere.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I tend to use chorizo for nachos, but I live in a heavily hispanic area so foods of the sort are really easy to find... sounds good though
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I tend to use chorizo for nachos, but I live in a heavily hispanic area so foods of the sort are really easy to find... sounds good though
    Hehe.. i was reading the thread thinking "man this would be way better with chorizo". How about instead of the franks, 2 or 3 nice and smoky chipotles soaked and made into a paste?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Meh don't need the brand names honestly I just put them there so people would know exactly whot I used so it could be identically replicated.

Yeu can use any kind of nachoes that already have been cheesed, and a cheese based dipping sauce would work regardless of the brand I'm sure. The hot sauce admittedly is far more sweet than hot though; would suggest cutting back on the amount if yeu use a hot sauce that's actually hot is all. Make those changes and it should be compatible anywhere.
    Fair enough. I'm not sure we actually have cheese-based dipping sauces, but I can probably improvise something there. And how much is 1/2 a package of italian sausage roughly? I really have no idea.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Fair enough. I'm not sure we actually have cheese-based dipping sauces, but I can probably improvise something there. And how much is 1/2 a package of italian sausage roughly? I really have no idea.
    About a 1/2 lb or 1/4kg would work out to about right. It's not exact but yeu can add or remove meat as yeu prefer; I think maybe I would've used a bit more meat but wanted to save some for the next batch I bought ingredients for =3

For a cheese based dipping sauce, if yeu lack that, using old chedder would probably work best. I just used the cheese salsa stuff because it was more reliable... I've tried this before with mozzarella and discovered that mozza has the interesting property, that when it's melted, it acts like some weird molten plastic... it doesn't stick to anything it just flows over on top of it then resolidifies and doesn't really stay on top properly. Chedder generally stays melted once yeu melt it once, so that'd probably be the best choice off the top of my head, though there may be other cheeses that would work better.

Also note that the so called "hot itallian sausages" yeu get here... aren't very similar to traditional itallian sausage, which are normally dry and thick; these are oddly quite juicy, and honestly not spicy at all. They taste soooo good though.

They look kinda like that though... which looks nothing like salami, pepperoni, or other traditional itallian sausage.

I'm willing to bet yeu could substitute german sausage as well =3

I just find hamburger (ground beef) is so bland on its' own, not nearly the same strong, tasty flavour of a good sausage ^^