MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Default Fishing

Anyone here like to fish?

Where do you go fishing and what do you catch?
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

No. But I think if there were enough beer it might not be so bad

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't fish super-often and I usually just go to the wetlands and catch bluegill and throw them back, but I enjoy it when I go.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Fishing...yes, mainly around local lakes and a river that runs through my community.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

I used to do a bit of surf casting. Mostly up north, I can't remember where we went now. Where do you go?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I come from a fishing family so the only correct answer is yes

I fish on east coast of NZ in the inner Hauraki Gulf and on both sides of the Coromandel Peninsular. In terms of the edible stuff we catch, mainly (New Zealand) snapper, (red) gurnard and occasionally trevally or tarakihi.

I've been fishing down Coromandel a few times. Lines get tangled every time, fun time nonetheless.

I fish mostly in Illinois and Wisconsin. I like active fishing the most. I'm in a boat, steering it with a trolling motor to all the good looking spots along the shore, casting constantly, getting the lure right where I imagine a fish will be, working the lure just right, and then catching who-knows-what. A largemouth, a pike, or even a walleye or crappie. My favorite scenario is casting into the lily pads of a beautiful Wisconsin lake.

Sometimes I enjoy the inactive approach of just fishing for catfish off the shore of a river with some friends, but then it's more about being with friends than fishing. Now that I've quit smoking, I imagine that it would be even more boring than it used to be. (Unless it's one of those lucky days where we're constantly catching fish.)
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Where do you go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I come from a fishing family so the only correct answer is yes

I fish on east coast of NZ in the inner Hauraki Gulf and on both sides of the Coromandel Peninsular. In terms of the edible stuff we catch, mainly (New Zealand) snapper, (red) gurnard and occasionally trevally or tarakihi.
    ^This. But Kingfish and Kawhai too.

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    I fish mostly in Illinois and Wisconsin. I like active fishing the most. I'm in a boat, steering it with a trolling motor to all the good looking spots along the shore, casting constantly, getting the lure right where I imagine a fish will be, working the lure just right, and then catching who-knows-what. A largemouth, a pike, or even a walleye or crappie. My favorite scenario is casting into the lily pads of a beautiful Wisconsin lake.
    That sounds like so much fun. I know exactly what you're describing, reminds me of fishing down south in the lakes for trout, trying to get the lure exactly where you want and trying to keep it as deep as possible without snagging. I like the tactical side of fishing.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my parents have a pond stocked with catfish- they are quite tasty, but I don't ever have the attention span to fish for them myself

I've tried fishing many times- it always lasted, at most, 5 min and ended up with me running off to something more stimulating

my parents and sister, however, enjoy fishing- my parents enjoy the peaceful quiet of doing nothing and my sister enjoys triumphing over fish-kind
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett