User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Fishing

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    No. But I think if there were enough beer it might not be so bad
    Up until the beer runs out...then it sucks, especially if you're stuck hiding under a bridge because night-fishing in a certain public park is illegal (thanks for letting me know this before you dragged me along, assholes).

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    ^This. But Kingfish and Kawhai too.
    Yeah, we get kahawai but they're not as good to eat - they're only really for smoking (which I don't like) and then you have to bleed them straight away etc. Its a bit of a pain so we throw them back or use them for bait.

Its been a while since I caught a kingfish we could keep - this is mostly because we don't go way out where the big ones are. And the minimum length is 75cm (2'5") now! They're the best fun to catch though.

I have a question for everyone: what's your best catch(es)? It can be the best you've had for a particular species or in general size or weight.

I have been more of a quantity over quality person - not by choice though . I've had:
    - a 3.5kg (8lb) snapper. Sad, I know. I have terrible luck!
    - a half decent kingi but I can't remember how big or heavy it was - around 80-90cm
    - and I once caught about a 1.5 metre mako shark. I got it up along side the boat then cut the line. I know this is technically cheating but I didn't fancy getting on board...

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Fishing is one of the few things my father and I can really bond over, so I hold it pretty close to my heart. To me, it's more than just a sport. It's time spent on a quiet lake where the two of us can relax and enjoy nature, speak freely and enjoy one another's company at length. It may not sound like much, but it means a great deal to me.

I have fond memories growing up of when he would take my brother and I on camping trips or along with him on fishing durbys. Where we would rent a boat in the early mornings and throw a line in, not coming back until it was time for dinner- all sunburnt, exhausted, and glowing with pride, anxious to tell mom of all the fish we caught and the ones that got away.

Nowadays I don't get out as much as I would like, but when I do I'll typically spend a day out in a boat on Rice Lake, or fish off the pier at Caesarea. On the rare occasions that everyone has a weekend free, sometimes we're lucky enough to rent a cabin on Crotch Lake and spend a few days there.

I've caught a lot of fish in my day, mostly catch and release. I fish for fun, not for sport. Bass, pike, pickerel, perch, crappie and sunfish are the most common in the lakes I frequent. But my dream is to one day land a muskie. I remember when I was really young, I was fishing off the dock at Caesarea with my dad and one guy landed a monster muskellunge. At that moment I openly declared I one day would do the same. My day has yet to come, obviously, but when it does, I plan to mount it on my wall with something akin to 'good job' written underneath.
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Pickerel and Lake Trout when I was back home; Northern Pike if I'm looking to make fish cake. Ever since I moved though I haven't gotten around to fishing again - I need to do that some time this year...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

fishing spots all around me, but I don't have a license. However, I do enjoy cleaning the fish, thinking I'm a sushi master. That's fun for me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

LOVE to fish, but I dont get to go that often. Oh bluegill for the most part
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

Oberon

My favorite way to catch bluegills is on a fly rod. When the bite is on, there's no faster action.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

there's something about fishing that catches my interest. of course hooking them and hitting thier head on the pavement or other hard object seems cruel, i do enjoy watching others fish.

mostly fisher-men/women snag weeds. the sport is similar to golf and i like that game also.

MBTI
    ISTx

I want to work on a crab fishing boat, like depicted on the Discovery show "Deadliest Catch".

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Really? @_@ I've watched those documentaries, they're scary! You'd never catch me out in one of those boats I'd be too scared of getting swept overboard into the icy water. :/
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.