User Tag List

123 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default My cat is too fat

My cat is too fat. According to our vet she needs to weigh 4 kilograms and at the moment she weighs 5,3 kilograms. Way too much for a kitty. Our vet wants us to put our cat (Patsy) on a diet. When my parents were on their holiday in May, I was able to make my cat lose some weight with that diet, but unfortunately my parents kind of stopped that diet when they arrived back home. We can't let Patsy play outside, because our neighbours hate cats and they'll probably poison her. My parents have a weak spot for Patsy's mewing so every single time she mews my parent's give her food and believe me, she does it all day long. Our vet gave us a toy, which Patsy should be playing with, but unfortunately Patsy is afraid of it. When I tell my parents that they shouldn't feed Patsy that much, they don't seem to listen. She's getting fatter and fatter and no one seems to be able to (or wanting to) put a stop to it. I don't want Patsy to get diabetes!

Does anyone else have any idea what I could do to make my cat lose weight? She's already getting diet food, so that's not an option.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    My cat is too fat. According to our vet she needs to weigh 4 kilograms and at the moment she weighs 5,3 kilograms. Way too much for a kitty. Our vet wants us to put our cat (Patsy) on a diet. When my parents were on their holiday in May, I was able to make my cat lose some weight with that diet, but unfortunately my parents kind of stopped that diet when they arrived back home. We can't let Patsy play outside, because our neighbours hate cats and they'll probably poison her. My parents have a weak spot for Patsy's mewing so every single time she mews my parent's give her food and believe me, she does it all day long. Our vet gave us a toy, which Patsy should be playing with, but unfortunately Patsy is afraid of it. When I tell my parents that they shouldn't feed Patsy that much, they don't seem to listen. She's getting fatter and fatter and no one seems to be able to (or wanting to) put a stop to it. I don't want Patsy to get diabetes!

Does anyone else have any idea what I could do to make my cat lose weight? She's already getting diet food, so that's not an option.
    Laser pointer. Let her chase it around till she flops over exhausted. More exercise will help.

She must be a small cat. I don't really think 5 kg is all that large. Most of the cats who have adopted me have been between 7 and 14 kg, even the females.

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Laser pointer. Let her chase it around till she flops over exhausted. More exercise will help.

She must be a small cat. I don't really think 5 kg is all that large. Most of the cats who have adopted me have been between 7 and 14 kg, even the females.
    I tried that quite often, but most of the time my father got angry about it so I kind of had to stop.

She is pretty large, actually. She's just as large as a baby.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

I tried that quite often, but most of the time my father got angry about it so I kind of had to stop.

She is pretty large, actually. She's just as large as a baby.
    Your father got angry, because you were playing with the cat?

That sounds like psychological issues to me.

My cat Sterling could have eaten a baby for a snack. He was better than 14 kg.

MBTI
    INTx

If your cat is a glutton and can get food whenever she wants via begging to your parents, she won't lose weight.

Either deal with your parents or resign yourself to the situation.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Your kitty is not going to lose weight until your parents get it through their thick skulls that they are going to kill her with love.

Cats are notorious moochers. The fact that they're meowing doesn't necessarily mean they're hungry. Your cat could just be bored and mooching for snacks because there's nothing better to do since nobody is playing with her.

Laser pointer, definitely. If your dad gets angry again ask him how comfortable he is with the idea of having Jabba the Catt as the family pet.

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I think I have to get my parents to move away and raise the cat myself.
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here

MBTI
    ISTJ

Leave the cat outside, force it to find it's own food.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Leave the cat outside, force it to find it's own food.
    The neighbours will poison her.
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here

MBTI
    ISTJ

The neighbours will poison her.
    What kind of neighbors do you have? :eek:
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]