• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Bad-Ass Knitting Thread

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Knitting= not just for old ladies anymore. :D

Post questions for fellow knitters, show off your mad knittin' skillz, whatever you want with regard to knitting (an exception: one might, if they so choose, rant about how crocheting is not nearly as cool as knitting :) ).

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll start:

I love to knit plush toys! Two examples:
6054_1209762883245_1203926582_619604_7238787_n.jpg

^His name is Fujiwara. He is an apple.

5025_1181755543079_1203926582_516518_6520660_n.jpg

^His name is Horatio. He is a nautilus.

:D

P

Phantonym

:rofl1: I had to read the thread title twice to make sure it was about knitting as I initially understood. Completely agreed, it's not for old ladies.

Knitting kicks ass. I specialize in socks. I usually knit about three to four pairs every Christmas time. Not for Christmas presents, I just give them out to my friends and family. I enjoy the process, it's nice and relaxing, especially during the gloomy winter time and I can get into a super nice thinking mode, it's sort of hypnotizing. I don't really like to use intricate patterns but I like symmetry and combining colours. I usually do some kind of a rainbow variety.

And Fujiwara is simply adorable! :)

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Epic! I should make myself a phone cozy... :nerd:

^^ Man, I wish I could knit socks. I get really frustrated with them. I tried to knit them, and they ended up being tight and uncomfortable. I'll try again someday, but in the meantime, more hats and scarves pour moi! :)

Also, speaking of bad-ass knitting:
knit-ferrari.jpg

Vroom, vroom. :cool:

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
:rofl1: I had to read the thread title twice to make sure it was about knitting as I initially understood. Completely agreed, it's not for old ladies.

Knitting kicks ass. I specialize in socks. I usually knit about three to four pairs every Christmas time. Not for Christmas presents, I just give them out to my friends and family. I enjoy the process, it's nice and relaxing, especially during the gloomy winter time and I can get into a super nice thinking mode, it's sort of hypnotizing. I don't really like to use intricate patterns but I like symmetry and combining colours. I usually do some kid of a rainbow variety.

And Fujiwara is simply adorable! :)

Post your wares. ;)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Aww, Horatio is adorable!

I can't knit, though. I can sew pretty decently, but I've never been a "do stuff with your hands" person. I get frustrated and want the final result, but don't really enjoy the process.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ I understand the feeling. I don't think I would enjoy knitting half as much if I didn't always knit with either
1. the TV running,
2. music playing, or
3. any other distraction happening.
I can't just KNIT, you know? It can be dull, or just frustrating. Also, if I'm knitting something really simple with no distractions, it kind of puts me to sleep.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
img4040b.jpg

I like socks.

And don't diss crochet. If used properly, knit and crochet can be the best of friends.

I have a feeling I have seen Horatio somewhere...

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ I like 'em! Very punk rock. Do I see pleats, or is it just that the stripes aren't totally lined up? Either way, one of those would look excellent with this belt over it:
413XTD720GL._AA280_.jpg

I wish they sold dresses like that for cheap... *sigh* :wubbie:

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
^ I like 'em! Very punk rock. Do I see pleats, or is it just that the stripes aren't totally lined up?

Either way, I would totally wear something like that... if I could find a pattern, and if I weren't so thrifty :)

Good eye! At least the middle and right have pleats IIRC.

Too bad that, given how pricey they are, probably no one's giving away any secrets (patterns).

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't know how to knit but my daughter does. She just knitted her first hat:

20075_237538388994_567133994_3344443_1414995_n.jpg

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
I don't know how to knit but my daughter does. She just knitted her first hat:

20075_237538388994_567133994_3344443_1414995_n.jpg

Oh that's adorable! :) I love the colors - what made her choose such a sunny palette for a winter hat?

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
my daughter recently learned how to knit and pearl, though she doesn't understand what it is she did yet, she is pleased with herself, and that is the main thing! love the stuffed knits and also the dresses are pretty! i would wear those anyday. it's hard for me to do handwork like that due to carpal tunnel symptoms. oh well i'm encouraging my daughter to continue and hope to be a recipient of some cashmere socks someday! ;)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh that's adorable! :) I love the colors - what made her choose such a sunny palette for a winter hat?

Probably because that's what I bought for her when she asked me to get her some yarn. :D

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
my daughter said she paid 8 bucks for a skein of yarn...my goodness its cheaper to buy the damn apparel than to knit it!

Bri

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm curious about knitting, but haven't had much luck thus far. Anyone know of a good video tutorial to help me out? I've found a few that were ok, but if you know of a good one I'd love a link!