• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Bad-Ass Knitting Thread

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No! :mad: :yim_phbbbbt:: Go get your own thread!

... :D

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Domino and I LOVE to knit, but it's been years since we tried it last. Any tips on where to start? I would love to be able to knit hats and scarves - they have a knitting program where ladies knit scarves and hats for the homeless, and I'd like to be proficient enough to do that.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ You could always knit this:

gigiBEAUTY.jpg

Or this:
neimanBEAUTY.jpg

Or, if you're feeling brave...
_DSC2015.jpg

... kidding on that last one :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this thread title is hilarious.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
this thread title is hilarious.
Thanks! :) Badass knitters for the win :cool:

I know, it makes me think of a biker gang. Instead of chains and whips they have yarn with needles!!! :shock:

If we were a biker gang, we would all wear hats like these:
51JGSebkzPL._SS400_.jpg

mohawk_hat01_lg_fs.jpg

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
omg i love that hat!

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:rofl1: I had to read the thread title twice to make sure it was about knitting as I initially understood. Completely agreed, it's not for old ladies.

Knitting kicks ass. I specialize in socks. I usually knit about three to four pairs every Christmas time. Not for Christmas presents, I just give them out to my friends and family. I enjoy the process, it's nice and relaxing, especially during the gloomy winter time and I can get into a super nice thinking mode, it's sort of hypnotizing. I don't really like to use intricate patterns but I like symmetry and combining colours. I usually do some kind of a rainbow variety.

And Fujiwara is simply adorable! :)

How long have you been knitting socks? I sort-of quit because they always get holes in them. I love socks because of the small little needles and the colors you use. I don't normally like small needles in normal knitting, but I love knitting socks, except for the holes. My friend told me to double up the heel and toe, but that hurt my hands too much.

I've been watching this thread for a while! I'm a knit-aholic as well. Took me 3 times to finally get the hang of it, but I've been knitting about six years now. Done pretty much everything; bags, vests, sweaters, purses, skirts, scarves, kuchi kerchiefs, hats, and socks. I love making celtic cabled sweaters the best, but it takes my a while to finish. I also prefer to have about 5 knitting projects going at once. I haven't been knitting much lately coz I have a baby, but I am always glad to pick up the needles, even if I only get a few rows in. It's completely meditative to me too--now that I know my type, it makes sense the way knitting makes me feel. I think it totally allows my Ni the perfect respite, up there with hiking or jogging or sleeping. My camera is screwed up now, but I'll post some of my stuff later maybe.

I am glad to see some fellow knitters, and wannabe knitters, on Type C. :wubbie:

Lizbot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Apparently, I need to knit a nautilus, get a rude knitting tote, and not admit that I'm a hooker as well.

Oh, drats...

Does anyone else have a ravelry? My username is 'lunablue'.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Apparently, I need to knit a nautilus, get a rude knitting tote, and not admit that I'm a hooker as well.

Oh, drats...
:laugh: Yup. That's about right. And you also need to knit a mohawk hat and join our knitting gang :cool:

Although the way you phrased that made this thread sound really hostile :( And we (read: I) didn't mean it that way :cry: so I apologize :sorry:

And I just created a crochet thread, so if you're worried about getting beat up by the knitting gang, you'll find a safe haven over there :D just kidding.

Lizbot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Hostile schmostile. I was just being facetious. I think y'all are keen. :)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Some of those have little crocheted testes!

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Making this for my sister-in-law. We just met each other, but have only corresponded online. I have to add a pompom to the top. I noticed when I put the hat on, that the tip sticks up. LOL> hopefully the pompom will weigh it down enough or I'll have to tack it down.

hshat.jpg