• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Bad-Ass Knitting Thread

P

Phantonym

How long have you been knitting socks? I sort-of quit because they always get holes in them. I love socks because of the small little needles and the colors you use. I don't normally like small needles in normal knitting, but I love knitting socks, except for the holes. My friend told me to double up the heel and toe, but that hurt my hands too much.

I started in elementary school. It runs in the family, so I had no problems with knitting or other handicraft thingies.

Doubling up the heel and toe does the trick, yes. Nothing lasts but I do it anyway and enjoy them while they are still presentable. :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Making this for my sister-in-law. We just met each other, but have only corresponded online. I have to add a pompom to the top. I noticed when I put the hat on, that the tip sticks up. LOL> hopefully the pompom will weigh it down enough or I'll have to tack it down.

[image]
So cool!!! Love the yarn.

Also, check this out, y'all:
YouTube - Natural gas commercial
^It's related to knitting, srsly. I'm not spamming...

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
Making this for my sister-in-law. We just met each other, but have only corresponded online. I have to add a pompom to the top. I noticed when I put the hat on, that the tip sticks up. LOL> hopefully the pompom will weigh it down enough or I'll have to tack it down.

This is beautiful! I love the color combination you chose. I'm sure she'll love it. :) Will you post a pic of the final product before you send it off?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is beautiful! I love the color combination you chose. I'm sure she'll love it. :) Will you post a pic of the final product before you send it off?

Oh, thanks for asking. I am pleased with it. I had to take the top off coz it wouldn't stop sticking straight up. haha. So, I just braided some yarn instead and attached a pompom, then made smaller pompoms for the sides.

eff it! i posted a pic of myself but i don't like it. :) i'll post another one later.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
small felted bag

Hey All Happy Knitters--

I made a bag this week for my esfj neighbor who loves horses and western motifs. I used 100% wool from Knitpicks. I lined the bag with some matching flannel I had on hand. The plan for this bag is to be used as a beach camera/phone/watch/valuables bag because the felted wool is water resistant and also accident resistant because the felt is thick and resilient. Here is the bag unassembled, but felted:

feltedbag.jpg

And assembled with my meager seamstress skills:

feltedbag2.jpg

Now I have to make one for myself!

Have you knitted today? :smile: