User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    I'm curious about knitting, but haven't had much luck thus far. Anyone know of a good video tutorial to help me out? I've found a few that were ok, but if you know of a good one I'd love a link!
    Try the Knitting for Beginners/Tutorial for Beginners series on Youtube. It's the perfect price (free).

Check out her uploads and you'll see a whole series of videos taking you through the process step by step.

YouTube - CitalL86's Channel
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

”cataplum!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I joined a knitting group and now I get the basic idea. I want to make a scarf and hat.

Eventually.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Elaur, Thing 1 found the hat she made to be easier than she expected. She thought she would need to use circular needles but it turned out all she needed to do was knit a big rectangle, sew it up into a cylinder and then sew across the top to make the "ears." It was a bit too small so she knitted the orange band and sewed it onto the bottom. Then she finger knitted some braids to hang down from the ears and she's going to put some kind of cute bauble on the end of them.

Actually, the hat was originally supposed to be the first in a pair of leg warmers, but that didn't work out at all like she expected, so she turned it into a hat.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Some Missoni inspiration and pattern related links.

Links:

A Variety of Missoni pattern projects

Decrypting a simple Missoni Chevron - work in progress
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

”cataplum!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ That scarf is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I love that yarn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Elaur, Thing 1 found the hat she made to be easier than she expected. She thought she would need to use circular needles but it turned out all she needed to do was knit a big rectangle, sew it up into a cylinder and then sew across the top to make the "ears." It was a bit too small so she knitted the orange band and sewed it onto the bottom. Then she finger knitted some braids to hang down from the ears and she's going to put some kind of cute bauble on the end of them.

Actually, the hat was originally supposed to be the first in a pair of leg warmers, but that didn't work out at all like she expected, so she turned it into a hat.
    Wow, you have a creative kid.

Potential project bag for knitters:

I found this hilarious (although rude )
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    1w2

That bag is golden!

I tried to knit and crotchet...I have the tools and some yarn sitting in a box. All of my friends in college knitted and had their own Stitch N Bitch group going. This thread has seriously got me reinterested!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

my granma gave me crotcheted blanket a long time ago (20 yrs already?) and it's the one everyone wants to use! i have lots of other ones around but it is by far the most readily grabbed. at first i thought i should shield it from rough and tumble pulling, stretching, gripping fingers, feet and body contortions but it has proven to be very durable. the yarn it's made of is a blend too. why has it been such a well loved blankie? i leave that to the knitting skeptics to answer.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Ok, so I bought two colors of yarn today and I hope to make a scarf. How many holes or whatever should I knit to get this look. It looks like it's 1:4 wide vs. stripe, does that sound right? Maybe like 32 whatevers per row and 8 rows of each color alternating? I have a 6mm (us 10) circular needles and 7 oz acrylic yarn.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Ok, so I bought two colors of yarn today and I hope to make a scarf. How many holes or whatever should I knit to get this look. It looks like it's 1:4 wide vs. stripe, does that sound right? Maybe like 32 whatevers per row and 8 rows of each color alternating? I have a 6mm (us 10) circular needles and 7 oz acrylic yarn.
    To tell anything you have to knit a swatch first.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I just started randomly knitting, only using the knit stitch.