User Tag List

123 Last

Default Weird Meat Thread

For all meat lovers. Name your favorite meats or share experiences.

Some of mine:

-Turtle Soup - This stuff is just so delicious. Warm, rich, and full of flavor, the meat has excellent texture, supple, kinda really nice aroma and savory. And suppose to be healthy, Turtle promote long life.

-Alligator - One of my favorites, kinda like a mix between chicken and fish. So juicy, flavorful, yet tender but gives you that juicy bite all meat lovers crave.

-Beef Sashimi - Raw and tender. Not sure how to explain the taste, I haven't had this in a long time. But it's so juicy, and just melts in your mouth.

-Dog - Kinda like beef, but for me anyways, I'd say it has a softer texture (maybe the way it was cooked), and has a sort of sweet tinge to it. I really like it, wish I could get some for Christmas.

-Sea Cucumber - Kinda tasteless actually, but it is slimy and really soft. If you make it with a kind of soup, it can be light, not too filling, but still good. The dish I had was lightly salted, and delicious.

-Rabbit - A bit like chicken, but I think harder texture, and gamier. I really like it, the flavor is hard to describe if you've never had it.

-Lamb/Mutton - Probably my favorite meat in the whole world. Lamb skewers or Northeast Chinese style lamb BBQ is the best. Lamb is pretty light, in taste and smell. Mutton is my favorite though. Heavy, almost pungent smell and flavor. Mmmmmm I want lamb for Christmas now too...

-Eel - One of my favorite seafoods. Eel is soft and a bit slimy, but oh my god it's so delicious. Best cooked in a sushi style, or a Japanese eel and rice bowl.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I would not call lamb weird. Tasty, yes, but not weird.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by _Violence_ View Post
    -Dog - Kinda like beef, but for me anyways, I'd say it has a softer texture (maybe the way it was cooked), and has a sort of sweet tinge to it. I really like it, wish I could get some for Christmas.
    You eat dog? You must be barking mad. And I guess alligator would be a bit too snappy for my taste.

Pardon me for my puns.

LOL, I'll eat virtually ANYTHING. I've had insects too, fried locusts, scorpions, fried caterpillar/larvae, mmmmmm SO GOOD.

You know like miniature crabs, the little tiny ones the size of your thumb maybe. Lightly or deep fried, doesn't matter. I can pop those things like chips.

MBTI
    INTP

I've had some turtle meat in a sort of stuffing type meal, it tasted like river. In other words it was delicious like all bush meat.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Bacon The pig is my favorite animal....to eat.

Kobe beef carpaccio

I live in FL and if you haven't tried Gator you're officially kicked out of the state.

There's not much I won't try. My grandmother is English and I loved it when she made lamb with mint jelly. It's one of those childhood meals that have stayed with me.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

The only thing I might consider not eating is cat. Because I love cats so much.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

I was raised with the taste of tartare (French but other cultures have it). Basically raw beef mixed with egg and whatever choice of seasoning.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    I was raised with the taste of tartare (French but other cultures have it). Basically raw beef mixed with egg and whatever choice of seasoning.
    When my mom used to make meatloaf I used to eat the raw hamburger. I still like the taste. I didn't realize it had a name - tartare. Now, I'm no longer weird. I'm cultured.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I've had..

Bear
    Elk
    Deer
    Shark (yuck)
    Swordfish
    Frog Legs
    Crocodile/Alligator
    Lamb
    Pheasant
    Buffalo (jerky)
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?