User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I saw a documentary called "The Cove," that indicated most of the whale meat sold is actually dolphin, and has an atrociously high mercury content.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I love buffalo - like beef but leaner and buffalo ribs make you feel like Fred Flinstone.

Moose is pretty alright, but it depends what they've been eating lately. It also is beef like, but so lean, it's hard to make gravy with a roast. Cut in strips and fried with lard and onions is tastiest.

Caribou was not tasty to me. It's a little springy chewy like fatty meat, even though it's pretty lean.

Deer is only good if you don't know what moose tastes like or if you don't have other sources of meat. It's pretty gamey.

Elk is good.

Escargot - I had it in mushroom caps and it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.

Seal flipper pie - Didn't love it.

Terr (a sea bird) - Pretty fish oily tasting, but Newfoundlanders think it's the cat's whiskers.

Cod or pickerel cheeks - Very tasty.

Battered cod tongue - Okay, but I wouldn't go for seconds.

Whole stuffed squid (stuffed with dressingish stuff) - I didn't like it, but many do.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I grew up in Texas so we ate beef or pork at every meal. Now I try to feed leaner meats to my family (my husband's cholesterol is naturally high), and he loves to hunt, so our primary meat is venison. I've gotten to really love it. I grind it or pan fry it, and I enjoy it so much that when we have occasion to eat beef, we can really taste the saturated fat in it.

I find grouse to be tough, although I will shred it in a gumbo.

I have had mountain lion and find that it tastes a bit like pork chop. But I have a slight repulsion to eating it.

That goes too for eating my own fowl.

We only eat meat with dinner about twice a week.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Being from South Louisiana there aren't too many things I haven't tried... possum... squirrel... nutria... alligator... pigeon... if it crawls swims or flies, I've probably eaten it.

But dog? I'd probably draw the line at eating Fido.

It's not exactly weird anymore because it's available generally everywhere but I really prefer bison to cow. In fact I just got finished making a batch of bison chili. Good on a cold weather day like today.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I love buffalo - like beef but leaner and buffalo ribs make you feel like Fred Flinstone.

Moose is pretty alright, but it depends what they've been eating lately. It also is beef like, but so lean, it's hard to make gravy with a roast. Cut in strips and fried with lard and onions is tastiest.
    Caribou was not tasty to me. It's a little springy chewy like fatty meat, even though it's pretty lean.

Deer is only good if you don't know what moose tastes like or if you don't have other sources of meat. It's pretty gamey.

Elk is good.

Escargot - I had it in mushroom caps and it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.

Seal flipper pie - Didn't love it.

Terr (a sea bird) - Pretty fish oily tasting, but Newfoundlanders think it's the cat's whiskers.

Cod or pickerel cheeks - Very tasty.

Battered cod tongue - Okay, but I wouldn't go for seconds.

Whole stuffed squid (stuffed with dressingish stuff) - I didn't like it, but many do.
    My late grandfather's girlfriend use to fry the moose steak in bear fat. Delicious!

I had an opportunity to try beaver. Very stringy and tough. Not my favourite.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Oh yeah! I've tried beaver and muskrat but would not recommend either!

Sarcasticus, what's nutria?

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm pretty conservative. I've tried only beef, pork, chicken, turkey, goose, lamb (yuck!), deer (yuck!), pigeon, duck and bunny. I prefer birds' meat the best. Especially the duck.
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Oh. Just remembered I ate pig's cheek (yum) and tongue at a pig roast. Tasted like liver.

My friend wanted to eat the eye - no thanks on that.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Sarcasticus, what's nutria?
    It's a type of swamp rat. Very common in South Louisiana, where they've become a nuisance.

Mmmm . . .

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Indigenous to South America. Brought to N.A. for their fur I believe. Got loose, and breed like rabbits.

I can't remember if they are the 2nd or 3rd largest rodent. Capybara is the largest.