User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I never had land snails.

Only sea snails. Which are steamed and dipped in a type of spicy sauce (kinda like wasabi? but is yellow)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post

Yes, land snails (namely Helix pomatia, aspersa and leucorum, if I remember well) with parsley, garlic and butter...

And lots of maritime gastropods too (whalks, winkles, limpets... anything that is vaguely palatable)...
    Wow, I wouldn't have the guts to even hold it. From what I head it's very delicious and I'm sure it is especially with added garlic but the slimy sensation while sucking the shell would bring chills down my spine. How big do they come?

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by _Violence_ View Post

Only sea snails. Which are steamed and dipped in a type of spicy sauce (kinda like wasabi? but is yellow)
    Well, in France we enjoy the true taste of the beast. Hence we do not dip sea snails in sauces. Or sometimes in mayonnaise (Cf-> Mayonnaise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) or aioli (Cf-> Aioli - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) only, but rarely anything else.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Our local grocery store is in an area with a large asian population.

In the grocery store there are lots of diverse meat offerings. One of them was this very long piece of muscle tissue wrapped in a loop. It was called "pizzle".

The internet informed me that is was bull penis. Given the price- $2.99-I have decided that when I finally get reallu pissed at my coworkers I will actually attend the company potluck and offer up several pizzle based items.

What's wrong with eating bull penis?

As long as it tastes good it goes into my stomach.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post

Yes, land snails (namely Helix pomatia, aspersa and leucorum, if I remember well) with parsley, garlic and butter...

And lots of marine gastropods too (whelks, winkles, limpets... anything that is vaguely palatable)...
    The parsley, butter and garlic kind of override the taste of the snail. I don't remember much of their taste rather the texture.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    The parsley, butter and garlic kind of override the taste of the snail. I don't remember much of their taste rather the texture.
    Since they are roasted into their own shell, garlic helps enhancing a very meaty yet bland texture, while green butter allows it to melt in the mouth.
    I'd say a lot of land snails would taste like bitter mushrooms (like Russulas, for instance R. cyanoxantha or R. virescens), and hence, they are cooked exactly the same way.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

this is a little off topic but when i read the op i had to post this pic. a neighbor brought this over for us to eat when our youngest child was born. its a tradition in the south to bring dinner over for certain occasions. it's a heart shaped meatloaf with ketchup squirted on top. needless to say we didn't eat it.

Time is a delicate mistress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    this is a little off topic but when i read the op i had to post this pic. a neighbor brought this over for us to eat when our youngest child was born. its a tradition in the south to bring dinner over for certain occasions. it's a heart shaped meatloaf with ketchup squirted on top. needless to say we didn't eat it.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT.

Seriously I want to vomit.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    Our local grocery store is in an area with a large asian population.

In the grocery store there are lots of diverse meat offerings. One of them was this very long piece of muscle tissue wrapped in a loop. It was called "pizzle".

The internet informed me that is was bull penis. Given the price- $2.99-I have decided that when I finally get reallu pissed at my coworkers I will actually attend the company potluck and offer up several pizzle based items.
    This is hilarious!!! Disgusting, but hilarious. I can think of one person that I'd like to make some pizzle appetizers for right now....