First 345

Thread: Freeganism

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    I had a naive impression of California being this environmentally conscious culture until I moved there and people were driving bigger gas guzzling SUV's than they do in the midwest where almost everyone owns a huge truck. And yes the water they waste on non-native plants all over the landscaping must be insane.
    And if you haven't noticed, California isn't all that liberal either
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

morally its completley off..
    if the poor teach us anything its to enjoy what you have and not take what you have/ could have for granted.
    and healthwise its completley off as well. haha
    i mean, sure its probably okay to eat, when its on a plate, when its inside a garbage can outside for so long its different.
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I don't know about Freeganism, but I think I would have enjoyed living in a hunting/gathering society.

Going out hunting, chucking a spear about sixty miles per hour and watching a mammoth fall...now that would rock!

Camping for a while, then moving...heck I do that now. lol

Sitting around a camp fire making my spear stone, telling exaggerated stories of the hunt! Back in the day when the extent of foreplay was dragging women back to the cave or tent by their hair!

No IRS! no religion! no one has to struggle with being overweight. No big pharma, no big government. No idiots on cell phones. Just a big campfire party every night.

Hell yes that would have rocked!

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Freeganism just seems like a way to try and save money off of food. I'd say get a garden going in your yard.

They're cheap and not hard to manage. You can save quite a bit of money from having a good sized garden. And you know most of what goes into the food you'll be eating.

Unlike with a dumpster.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my sis lived with some freegans for a while who went dumpster diving behind the grociery for thier food

there were several bouts of food poisoning among them- my sis, who disapproved thoroughly and bought her food from the farmers market, enjoyed wandering through the room of moaning people and saying "i told you so"
    Last edited by miss fortune; 01-04-2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: I forgot a necissary comma :doh:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

no thanks, in elementary school i threw away my retainer enough times to have had my fulfillment of dumpster diving. besides I don't want to die from food poisoning that sounds like a terrible way to die.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so