• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Freeganism

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I had a naive impression of California being this environmentally conscious culture until I moved there and people were driving bigger gas guzzling SUV's than they do in the midwest where almost everyone owns a huge truck. And yes the water they waste on non-native plants all over the landscaping must be insane.

And if you haven't noticed, California isn't all that liberal either :shock:

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
morally its completley off..
if the poor teach us anything its to enjoy what you have and not take what you have/ could have for granted.
and healthwise its completley off as well. haha
i mean, sure its probably okay to eat, when its on a plate, when its inside a garbage can outside for so long its different.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know about Freeganism, but I think I would have enjoyed living in a hunting/gathering society.

Going out hunting, chucking a spear about sixty miles per hour and watching a mammoth fall...now that would rock!

Camping for a while, then moving...heck I do that now. lol

Sitting around a camp fire making my spear stone, telling exaggerated stories of the hunt! Back in the day when the extent of foreplay was dragging women back to the cave or tent by their hair! :newwink:

No IRS! no religion! no one has to struggle with being overweight. No big pharma, no big government. No idiots on cell phones. Just a big campfire party every night.

Hell yes that would have rocked! :yay:

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Freeganism just seems like a way to try and save money off of food. I'd say get a garden going in your yard.

They're cheap and not hard to manage. You can save quite a bit of money from having a good sized garden. And you know most of what goes into the food you'll be eating.

Unlike with a dumpster.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
my sis lived with some freegans for a while who went dumpster diving behind the grociery for thier food :sick:

there were several bouts of food poisoning among them- my sis, who disapproved thoroughly and bought her food from the farmers market, enjoyed wandering through the room of moaning people and saying "i told you so"

Last edited:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
no thanks, in elementary school i threw away my retainer enough times to have had my fulfillment of dumpster diving. besides I don't want to die from food poisoning that sounds like a terrible way to die.