User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Freeganism

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Which is why eco-communalism would be a better alternative on a large scale. They're self-sufficient. A similar idea.
    What exactly would this entail? I've never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Hmmmph....I think every kid in North America over age 16, should be given $100, and barred from returning home for 6 months.

You would find out who the parasites are.

And they would find out TANSTAAFL.
    Kay, thanks for the rape!
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Kay, thanks for the rape!
    Oh Puleaze.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Oh Puleaze.

There are so many places around here that I would not want to be outside with a hundred dollars at night. Or be without a weapon at night. Or be my height at night. Or be a woman at night. Or be at night.

Yeah, thanks for the mugging and rape and probably murder.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

There are so many places around here that I would not want to be outside with a hundred dollars at night. Or be without a weapon at night. Or be my height at night. Or be a woman at night. Or be at night.

Yeah, thanks for the mugging and rape and probably murder.
    It's about learning to take care of yourself. Instead of expecting others to do it for you.

Lesson #1: Don't hang around places where the likelihood of those things happening are high. And if you don't have a choice, learn to defend yourself.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Being a parasite is fine and dandy when you're in need -- see minors, maternity leave, unemployment benefits, soup kitchens, etc.

But you CANNOT base a society on everyone scavenging for food that other people won't buy. Once people stop buying food in favor of scavenging for it, nobody will produce it and then there will be none of it. If you want a community to support and help support you because you are principled that way, go live on a kibbutz.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

What exactly would this entail? I've never heard of it.
    Basically, picture a regular commune. There are several of them in the US.

Twin Oaks Community - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now picture thousands of them.

Eco-communalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MBTI
    ENFJ

It's about learning to take care of yourself. Instead of expecting others to do it for you.

Lesson #1: Don't hang around places where the likelihood of those things happening are high. And if you don't have a choice, learn to defend yourself.

BUT THAT'S EVERYWHERE. IT'S THE MOST DANGEROUS CITY IN THE UNITED STATES. THE SURVIVAL RATE HERE OF IS LOWER THAN AN AMERICAN TOURIST IN A HAWAIIAN SHIRT IN SAUDI ARABIA. Give me one hundred dollars and a fully-loaded armored tank and I'll take up your challenge.

And don't even get me STARTED on how they treat vagrants in Brazil. Do you understand the meaning of the word "genocide"?

You really hate young people. I understand that. But please, take it out by being the hook-handed man brutally murdering kids making out on the lake instead of making societal suggestions.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Basically, picture a regular commune. There are several of them in the US.

Twin Oaks Community - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now picture thousands of them.

Eco-communalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    See, now that makes some sense. I can't see the majority of the United States doing it, though.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

BUT THAT'S EVERYWHERE. IT'S THE MOST DANGEROUS CITY IN THE UNITED STATES. THE SURVIVAL RATE HERE OF IS LOWER THAN AN AMERICAN TOURIST IN A HAWAIIAN SHIRT IN SAUDI ARABIA. Give me one hundred dollars and a fully-loaded armored tank and I'll take up your challenge.

And don't even get me STARTED on how they treat vagrants in Brazil. Do you understand the meaning of the word "genocide"?

You really hate young people. I understand that. But please, take it out by being the hook-handed man brutally murdering kids making out on the lake instead of making societal suggestions.
    Um.

Wow.

What state do you live in?

As I was going to state before I previewed my post and saw your impending meltdown. Society is broken in many ways, in my opinion.

I don't hate young people. And I was speaking of North American society. Not the rest of the world. I find the United States spends too much time putting out fires elsewhere in the world, when the house is burning down around us at home.

I would tell you something about my early life by PM if you wanted to know.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

See, now that makes some sense. I can't see the majority of the United States doing it, though.
    It might happen out of necessity one day. Economic collapse, peak oil, war, natural calamity... probably not.

More likely, if it is to become more popular, it will be by people one by one dropping out of mainstream society out of dissatisfaction. I'm not sure what the current trends are, but I think the whole "simple living" movement is growing.