First 123 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

how did I miss this?!

bogle petite sirah is one of my favorites
    also ravenswood vintners blend zin
    rosemont shiraz isn't bad either for the money

all of those are about $8.99 here
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

default is santa florentina malbec-syrah, $8.65.
    two buck chuck shiraz will do when i'm states-side
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Two Buck Chuck at Trader Joe's. It's not great, but a $2 wine that tastes like $8 is a bargain in my book.

For slightly pricier wine ($10-$15) I really like the wines from Little Penguin and Rabbit Ridge.
    2 buck chuck ftw!!

It really does taste damn good for $2.

MBTI
    NICE

Bull's Blood, from Eger in Hungary, is a nice dry red.

Back in the 90s it used to be pants, but they've got their act together. It's cheap - but not that cheap.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Pine Ridge - Viognier/Chenin Blanc

Amazing off dry white for around $20.

Francois Montand Champagne (technically not a champagne as it is made right outside the province) but it is around 10 and is amazing.

Bodegas Ateca (Atteca) 2007 is a Spanish Grenache that's really nice for around 15.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

anyone have tips for good pinot noir's from california?

It shouldnt be over $25-35

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    anyone have tips for good pinot noir's from california?
    I have a tip for opportunistic wine-buying. It's a useful one.

Years ago, my house mate and I used to have a greasy English breakfast over the Saturday newspapers, in a grubby cafe in Wandsworth. The Guardian used to have a wine column by Martin Gluck - Cheapo Wines For Middle Class Knobs Like You, or some such.

We'd drive to the supermarket with a few ideas, but invariably someone had got there first and they'd be only a few bottles of Martin's choice recommendations left, tucked away right at the back of the shelf.

If I see an empty shelf, with a few bottles right at the back, I'll buy them. I've never had a bad one yet. In other words, don't look for the wine. Look for the lack of wine.

And without the hassle of buying The Guardian.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm not good at remembering names....but I like this red blend wine which is about $8: Folie a Deux Menage a Trois Red

I am not a fan of two buck chuck, for the record. I tried it once, and never again....

I am lucky to live near wine country and get very good local wines that retail for $15-25 normally for more like $10-15 (or even $5-7 on sale) because there's little to no shipping cost.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

I was looking for a decent Pinot Noir at the supermarket and I found an Argentinian Salentein Reserve Pinot Noir 2007 to around $11 here in denmark. Its a bit alcoholic, but when its decantated for an hour or more it gets a lot more full in the taste and smell. The alcohol is still there but the fruits of the wine are so much more out there. Its a decent buy for a different kind of tablewine than the usual kind. I will buy this to people that needs a different kind of taste than the usual cabernet sauvignon of the southern americas. I had a Malbec and a cabernet sauvignon from south america the day before and eventhough the Malbec had a more full taste, more cherry taste and a more portwine texture, Id still go for the Salentein Pinot Noir if I could choose.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    FIVE

Dynamite Cabernet Sauvignon is about $15 a bottle and is often compared to $40 bottles. Of all the cheap red wines, this one is the best IMO. I can't explain tastes to other people in a way that makes any sense but for $15 (you can find it on sale at the grocery store for $10ish) you should give it a go.