User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Are you serious? I don't even think I've seen anyone drink iced tea for several years. I certainly know I haven't. Maybe I'm biased. Most of my immediate relations, including myself, drink massive amounts of hot tea - sometimes we even drink the real, loose stuff that doesn't resemble sawdust in a filter.
    But you're in Europe, right? I'm in the United States, so it might be a culture difference. People drink Iced Tea a lot here. I've even heard people here claim it's unpatriotic to drink regular tea (I have no idea why), so I just don't drink it in front of people. I tried it once and now I don't want to stop drinking it.

Oh, and sorry to derail your topic about coffee with a conversation about tea, Xander.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    But you're in Europe, right? I'm in the United States, so it might be a culture difference. People drink Iced Tea a lot here. I've even heard people here claim it's unpatriotic to drink regular tea (I have no idea why), so I just don't drink it in front of people. I tried it once and now I don't want to stop drinking it.

Oh, and sorry to derail your topic about coffee with a conversation about tea, Xander.

Do you like green tea Athenian?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    Do you like green tea Athenian?
    It seems okay, but I also like something called "Chai" tea, as well as Earl Grey, Prince of Wales, and various other teas. I like most of them, actually.

MBTI
    WOLF

Yes, of course you are right about the cultural difference, but it just blows my mind because I had absolutely no idea about this. Like jaw-dropping amazement. And it shocks me even more to learn that some consider tea-drinking unpatriotic. That would never occur to me, particularly since my favourite bagged tea-brand is American Celestial Seasonings.

Enjoy your tea

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes, of course you are right about the cultural difference, but it just blows my mind because I had absolutely no idea about this. Like jaw-dropping amazement. And it shocks me even more to learn that some consider tea-drinking unpatriotic. That would never occur to me, particularly since my favourite bagged tea-brand is American Celestial Seasonings.

Enjoy your tea
    Well, I'm not sure this is all over America, it could be more common in the South. And probably not everyone thinks that even here, because the stores do stock it and aren't boycotted or anything.

People just don't seem to drink tea as much here for some reason. Although they could just be adverse to the people who disapprove seeing them drink it like I am. I kind of wish it were more common, though.

Thanks, I will enjoy it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

It seems okay, but I also like something called "Chai" tea, as well as Earl Grey, Prince of Wales, and various other teas. I like most of them, actually.
    If you like a nice light cuppa then the best thing I've found is Twinings Green and Black blend. It's so refreshing the milk is usually optional. In fact one of my friends alternates between strong coffee, two sugars and milk to naked green and black tea.

As for iced tea I think you'd just get stared at if you asked fro it around here. It's just not cricket

Oh and I'd also suggest my fathers favourite which is Assam tea. I'm not sure if he likes it because of the taste or because he never gets tired of the jokes like "Let's Assam tea" but it tastes nice to me.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Did you know Oolong tea is excellent for loosening up chest congestion?
    I buy the leaves from my local Chinese restaurant.

Are you serious? I don't even think I've seen anyone drink iced tea for several years. I certainly know I haven't. Maybe I'm biased. Most of my immediate relations, including myself, drink massive amounts of hot tea - sometimes we even drink the real, loose stuff that doesn't resemble sawdust in a filter.
    I only drink iced tea, hardly ever hot tea. I suppose it's because wherever hot tea is available, coffee usually is as well and I love coffee.

That's not to say that the idea of drinking hot tea is foreign for me as it seems to be for Athenian.

MBTI
    GONE

Well, I'm not sure this is all over America, it could be more common in the South.
    Sweet Tea! Yummy. Considering soda is also just sugar water and a Type II Diabetes in a bottle, I prefer sweet tea.

The McDonald's in some regions will sell it.

I like tea as well as coffee. I drink my coffee black now, after discovering that decent coffee doesn't need to be masked. Tea, I prefer with lots of milk and honey.

I drink iced tea. Matcha sweet tea is HEAVENLY. Pure sugar. Peet's Coffee has an okay sweet green tea slushie, but I prefer the real deal. Also, adding mashed fruit like peaches to a container of iced tea in the fridge is also HEAVENLY.

Cooler drinks are easier to drink than hotter. Hot tea to me is more ritualized, you're meant to savor it with snackies and a friend. I just imagine sitting by the window on a drizzly afternoon wearing a sweater and warming up with tea. Blame it on watching too much tv and commercials. But tea that's not that hot and especially iced tea is a substitute for water and you can chug it down!

Also, I know this may veer on sounding a little too scatalogical, but you are what you eat and I prefer the idea of drinking something aromatic and sweet rather than acidic and sharp. I mean, they do say vegans smell better. I always wonder if you drink a gallon of rose hips tea every day if you'll start smelling like roses!

And does bubble tea count? Because I definitely drink that!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

For all those who wish to share in the experience of Weasel sick coffee, it's available here Weasel Coffee

Get those orders in
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?