First 56789 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    For Christmas I got Weasel Coffee! Apparently the weasel eats the bean and then throws up which people then collect and use. Disgusting principle but delicious coffee. Frickin expensive apparently. Damn overpaid weasels!
    Xander I don't know what to say other than you are defacing your avatar by speaking about regurgitated (by weasels no less!) coffee beans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I think it is also called a cafetiere, yes. It's basically a stainless steel (I've also seem them made of tempered glass) pitcher with a plunger that strains the water and pushes the coffee grounds down. So you pretty much mix coffee grounds and hot water, let it sit for a few minutes, and then push the plunger down to strain the coffee grounds out.

And I would never eat fries & coffee together, even if the alternative is hating America.
    I always see those for sale cheap! Do you think it makes better coffee than an machine?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

..but one thing no one seems set on is milk first or second?
    Rice milk first, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
    Let's not forget: no filters. It uses a metal mesh that's washable.

It also just makes better coffee, IMO, richer/fuller taste (my taste echoes Ivy's, gimme diesel, light tan with the spoon standing up). You put the coffee in the bottom of the pot and pour the boiling water in. The water swirls the grounds around until you plunge it, rather than trickling through it on the way down, and hits it hotter.

Also no chance of the joys of running the coffee machine with the pot slightly askew, causing the valve under the filter cone to stay closed, which makes the basket overflow and causes chunky hot protocoffee to cascade down the sides into an expanding puddle of hazelnut/mocha stain.
    Ahhh, I see. I like my coffee diesel strength too, so maybe I will look into this. I'm never making coffee for more than one person, too, so the size is not an issue. I'd love to get that giant hulk of a coffeepot off the counter.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    Ahhh, I see. I like my coffee diesel strength too, so maybe I will look into this. I'm never making coffee for more than one person, too, so the size is not an issue. I'd love to get that giant hulk of a coffeepot off the counter.
    This is the one we have. It was a gift- if I had been picking, I would probably have picked this one.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Xander I don't know what to say other than you are defacing your avatar by speaking about regurgitated (by weasels no less!) coffee beans.
    Straw. Hello.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    Rice milk first, of course.
    Now that's just silly. How you gonna milk rice?

I dunno where you get these ideas
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by raincrow007 View Post
    He's a gentleman of the old-fashioned sort.

It figures my name would turn up in a thread about coffee. But y'know, there's a real easy way to solve this whole milk dilemma -- just drink it black, fer cryin' out loud.

Yep, black's the only way to go. And...buy a Bunn.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It seems like it's common for people to be very particular about their coffee. When I drink it, I usually just take a spoon of instant coffee, pour boiled water over it (don't have a coffeemaker), put in creamer and sugar, and then stir and drink it.

I make tea similarly, except I steep the tea bag in the mug for five minutes, and then and either drink it as is, or add cream and sugar.

Oddly enough, I like regular tea better than iced tea. That seems to be an unusual preference of mine, because I've never met anyone else who liked it (until Xander said he knew people that liked tea).

MBTI
    WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    Mmmm...coffee..my favorite beverage. INSTANT??? (seriously, get yourself a machine - I think they can be purchased for $40 or less. So worth it).
    It sounds insane, but for someone as disorganized as I am, using anything other than instant in the morning doesn't happen. I know I could set my coffeemaker up in the evening, and sometimes I do, but I forget to push the button in the morning. I'm so terrible at mornings that I've started to drink tea instead of coffee because it requires less movement and ingredients to make.

Hmmm - maybe I should set up my one-cup French press for the mornings and put it on the counter. That might actually help a bit. Like, I would see it right there in front of me instead of forgetting about it completely.

MBTI
    WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Oddly enough, I like regular tea better than iced tea. That seems to be an unusual preference of mine, because I've never met anyone else who liked it (until Xander said he knew people that liked tea).
    Are you serious? I don't even think I've seen anyone drink iced tea for several years. I certainly know I haven't. Maybe I'm biased. Most of my immediate relations, including myself, drink massive amounts of hot tea - sometimes we even drink the real, loose stuff that doesn't resemble sawdust in a filter.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Now that's just silly. How you gonna milk rice?
    Haven't you heard of rice cow that give rice milk?

Actually there is a thing called rice milk for those people who cannot drink the "real" milk. Soya milk can also be found from stores as well as oat milk. I have to use these replacement milks for now because of some reasons that I'm too lazy to explain now.