User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    No bubble tea in a city that may arguably have the most and tastiest bubble teas outside of Hong Kong. Tsk, tsk.

I used to like bubble tea until I tasted a lot of really bad ones. Chalky or just off tasting. At one whole foods Chinese market, the tapioca balls were 'hand made' which basically meant misshapen hard lumps. Blech.
    I've never had Bubble Tea, but I did know someone who claimed they liked it a lot... I've been wondering if it was worth trying. It seems like you're saying that it's not that great, right?

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I've never had Bubble Tea, but I did know someone who claimed they liked it a lot... I've been wondering if it was worth trying. It seems like you're saying that it's not that great, right?
    The one I had was peach flavored, and the actual taste of it was quite good. It was the texture of the "bubbles" that turned me off. It's a little frothier than regular tea, it sort of reminded me of an Orange Julius.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    It's actually very good if you like sweet drinks. They aren't carbonated and are generally more milk based (there are a few that you can order without the milk). They originated in Hong Kong or Taiwan so they usually come with requisite cute packaging usually including giant colorful straws and cutesy plastic lids shrink wrapped on if you go to some places. My favorite is usually the taro or just the plain milk tea.

It's technically 'tea' but I think with some of the flavors it's more like a milk soft drink. So similar to your frothy drink at Starbucks.

The texture of the tapioca balls is familiar to people who grew up with a lot of far Eastern cuisines, since tapioca is used in desserts and resembles the chewiness of rice confections. Even with people who aren't use to it, the drinks are especially popular with students and people in CA. Except for FM...cause he's strange like that. (Hahaha, you know I kid).

The reason I stopped drinking it is that there are so many bubble tea places that have popped up that the quality is now hit or miss.

I would definitely give it a try, if the place is packed that's a good indicator.

If you aren't sure about the tapioca balls, you can always request with less or none at all.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    See, I turned the post around! It's relevant.
    Relevancy is soo overrated

So I'm gathering that only a handful have any appreciation for instant coffee. I have to conclude that the instant available abroad must be dire!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INXP

I hope you will all take pity on me, I went caffeine-free a week ago (trying to get rid of persistent headaches...). Oh, for a real coffee!

-Geoff

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Did the headaches get worse?

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Did the headaches get worse?
    Yeah I had withdrawal headaches for a couple of days until Thursday, but I've felt much better since!

-Geoff

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Yeah I had withdrawal headaches for a couple of days until Thursday, but I've felt much better since!

-Geoff
    Do you object to tea? If not then try some tea next time. I find that changing source of caffeine works. Either that or more sleep.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Do you object to tea? If not then try some tea next time. I find that changing source of caffeine works. Either that or more sleep.
    Sleep! SLEEP! :banned:

-Geoff

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Sleep! SLEEP! :banned:

-Geoff
    You no hear of tension headache?

Put down the keyboard and back away from the PC

For some reason I thought you had a missus who'd keep you in line on such things as appropriate times to be solving problems and such.