User Tag List

12 Last

Default Kitty has fleas!!

Ugh, my little kitten has fleas and they won't go away! I have vacuumed all the carpets and changed sheets etc and given him a flea treatment, but they keep coming back! I really don't want to give him a flea bath... What should I do?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

use the good stuff for flee treatment (advange or frontline plus) and flea spay bomb the house. Also hear there is an oral pill vets can give cats to stop fleas .
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

^the man knows his stuff, though that treatment is for when you have an invasion of fleas

Depending on how bad it is, you can give your kitty frontline (check with the vet for sure that it's compatible with the other shit you gave him already!), and let her walk through the entire house, so the fleas can jump on her (they will, they need her). Realize this can take up to a week or two as you have eggs hatching and stuff. Vaccuuming will help shorten this period.

A flea bomb would take care of the fleas in the house, and frontline would take care of the fleas on your cat. If your kitty is covered in fleas, the oral treatment he suggested can help make eggs stay eggs instead of turning into fleas, eliminating the waiting time to get rid of the problem as well. An adult flea lives about 48 hours, so that would rid you of your problem in about two days instead of 10 days. Up to you to see how bad the situation is and how annoyed you are (all these things don't come cheap..)

What I'm wondering though, is ....does your cat go out of the house? And, if so, are there many strays around? Coz, that could be why the other product you're using 'isn't working'. If she keeps getting fleas from others, you can treat her till the cows come home, but it aint going to work. You'll have to eliminate the flea problem in the stray cat colony, by using the oral medication.

Good luck
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Clean all the furniture with the vacuum, get every corner and crevice in the house where the cat has been. Wash any fabric that can be. Mop any hard surfaces. Make sure to not forget window sills. Invest in a 3 month supply of Frontline or Advantage. And you might invest in a flea spray with a short half life(Pyrethrin) to get the corners and crevices with.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post

What I'm wondering though, is ....does your cat go out of the house? And, if so, are there many strays around? Coz, that could be why the other product you're using 'isn't working'. If she keeps getting fleas from others, you can treat her till the cows come home, but it aint going to work. You'll have to eliminate the flea problem in the stray cat colony, by using the oral medication.

Good luck

MBTI
    ISTJ

Give him a bath in tomato juice! He will only hate you temporarily.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    yupp

I remember the days before front line every year we'd take preventive measures and every year we would have a flea infestation and I don't remember how we got rid of the fleas on the cats but we always had to flea bomb the house. though I use to love catching fleas i would sit their picking fleas off my self bedding and kitty then killing them one by one.Then one time after frontline or advantix for some reason the fleas my kitty caught were immune so we switched to the other one.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

No I don't! Stop spreading lies about me!

Oh, Nyx has a kitty that has fleas, Ok... Kind of funny, with a name like that you'd think the bugs would stay away. Then again, that treatment is for lice, not feas.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Ugh, my little kitten has fleas and they won't go away! I have vacuumed all the carpets and changed sheets etc and given him a flea treatment, but they keep coming back! I really don't want to give him a flea bath... What should I do?
    Oh noes!!!!
    Take the kitty with you somewhere for a few hours, and set several flea bombs to kill all the little buggers. Then give your kitteh a bath as soon as you come back.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Yeah, you definitely want to get a spray for your house to kill all those little buggers and their eggs hiding about the carpets n' crevices. They seem to multiply like crazy.

Few yrs back, I picked up fleas off a stray I used to feed regularly [how embarassing.. for some people, ha].. they were all in my bed, clothes, hair, and everything within a week. Including my indoor cat, poor guy. They seem to just keep coming back until you adequately poison the shit out of your house. I just got a nondescript can of fleaspray at Walmart & it was pretty effective.

Good luck!
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.