User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post

What I'm wondering though, is ....does your cat go out of the house? And, if so, are there many strays around? Coz, that could be why the other product you're using 'isn't working'. If she keeps getting fleas from others, you can treat her till the cows come home, but it aint going to work. You'll have to eliminate the flea problem in the stray cat colony, by using the oral medication.

Good luck
    No he stays in the house, he had fleas when I got him several months ago. I only see one or two fleas on him now. It's so persistent because I have been taking the usual measures against it and giving him Advantage which is supposed to be good...and they still come back every month.

I really don't have time to vacuum and flea bomb every corner of the house because I'm bogged down with work and college stuff. Does it really matter if he has a couple fleas?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Capstar will kill all fleas currently on the cat. A monthly like Frontline (I think I used Program since I could get it in oral form) will keep them from coming back. This got rid of a serious flea infestation on my cat. And you can buy these medications online.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

I had good luck killing fleas with borax (boric acid). You can probably find a box of 20 Mule Team laundry detergent (main ingredient is borax) or something similar at Walmart. Keep your kitty out of the room until you're done applying the borax. Here's an article that explains how to apply it: Flea Control With Boric Acid
    It's a bit of work, but it lasts a long time and is less toxic than most treatments. It's worth the time and trouble because a couple of fleas can become many, many fleas very easily if your current treatments aren't working well. Good luck!
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    I had good luck killing fleas with borax (boric acid). You can probably find a box of 20 Mule Team laundry detergent (main ingredient is borax) or something similar at Walmart. Keep your kitty out of the room until you're done applying the borax. Here's an article that explains how to apply it: Flea Control With Boric Acid
    It's a bit of work, but it lasts a long time and is less toxic than most treatments. It's worth the time and trouble because a couple of fleas can become many, many fleas very easily if your current treatments aren't working well. Good luck!
    I forgot about that.

And it does work pretty well.

MBTI
    ISTJ

...You could always have a Mr. Bigglesworth kitteh.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]