• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kyuuei's Cook book!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Raw cookie dough bites:

1 cup raw nuts (I used almonds, the recipe originally said cashews)
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 - 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Basically put the nuts and oats and dry spices in a miller/grinder and turn it into powdery flour.
Then add the liquids and process it (I used the miller again and then used my hands for the rest) until it's dough-like.
Throw in the chocolate chips and knead with your hands just to incorporate them.

Pinch them off into small bite-sized pieces and put them on a plate. Throw them in the fridge for a little while just to harden them up, and that's it. All done. They're super yummy, taste just like cookie dough, and it's basically just grains and fat and sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Juices and recipes I want to try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBei08plIao

Raw sushi. Just a way to eat sushi + eat vegetables. I want to try it and see how good it tastes.

"Sushi Rice":
6 cups roughly chopped jicama
½ cup almonds
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 Tablespoons agave
1 Tablespoon salt

Basically process nuts and jicama into shreds, press dry with towels, and add other ingredients.

Fill with whatever you want, and roll it up with a sushi roller. You could also use a cheap sushi mold and lay raw sashimi on it I suppose. I think it'd be harder to eat like that though. Who knows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cold brewed decaf coffee:
- 4 1/2 oz (1 3/4 cups) coffee grounds
- 3 1/2 cups cold water

Put together, let sit for 12-24 hours, strain with a mesh and coffee filter. This makes a concentrate, so you dilute it with water or milk 1:1 ratio and add sweeteners to taste.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pink Juice: I tried this in a bottle, and it was absolutely incredible. I didn't know I could like beets that much.

- 5-6 apples
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 head of kale
- 2 beets with the leaves

Juice them in a juicer pretty much.

Same with this one:

5-6 Honeycrisp Apples
1-2 Large Beets with Tops
Thumb of Ginger
Half of One Sweet Potato

I'm curious to see if the pulp of sweet juices like this would make decent pies and raw cakes, and if the pulp of veggie juices could be used to make fresh salsas and salad dressings.. I'm sure it would work.. :shrug:

http://my40dayjuicefast.blogspot.com/ This girl's blog has a lot of awesome juice recipes to try, but I sort of want to go through the fullyraw ones first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An experiment of my own. I eat these "Just Great Stuff" bars all the time because they have a bunch of freeze-dried vegetable pulps sandwiched between dark chocolate, and it just tastes really good and its perfect for school.

I'm thinking when I get a juicer of my own.. I could take those same pulps, keep them in a deep freezer for like a week to dry them all out to hell, then crush them up and cover them in chocolate. I don't know if it'll work that way, and it might be a massive pain in the D, but we'll see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Refrigerator pickles

- A little less than 1 tbsp pickling salt
- A clove of garlic
- 10 peppercorns
- 5 juniper berries
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- a few pinches of dill
- 1 to 1 ratio of vinegar and water
- Cucumbers sliced up

So I just sliced up a cucumber into pickle spears, put the salts and seasonings in the jar, and packed the jar tight with cucumbers to keep them from floating to the surface. (My first jar they floated, but I just turned them upside down for one day, and right side up the next day.) I warmed up the vinegar water until it had some bubbles at the bottom of the pan but wasn't boiling, and I poured it over the cucumbers, and tapped on the jar to get air bubbles out and let it cool off. I give the jar a good shake to dissolve the pickling salt, then I put it in the fridge for 2-3 days, and the pickles come out pretty amazing and crunchy for a lot less money than those Claussen brand pickles with a similar lovely taste. A higher quality of ingredients would produce a better product, but these cheap ones are doing fine right now for me.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Fridge Jam:

- 1 + 1/3 cup strawberries / other fruit
- 2/3 cup rhubarb / another fruit
- 2 T honey or maple syrup
- 2 T chia seed

Blend in a blender, put in the fridge. :)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Just tried that jelly. It's literally better than anything ever.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I had a delicious blood orange ice tea the other day. I don't know if they used some sort of artificial flavoring or real blood oranges, but try making one if you get the chance.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I experimented with a cauliflower dairy-free pudding.. That stuff was awful. Not only that, it wasn't any better for you net-calorie wise than regular pudding. What a rip off! :laugh:

However, banana bread came out amazing, and tastes great with greek yogurt and fridge jelly on top. Yum!

Time for some carbs and protein now! I'm ready for them. Some rice casserole with leftover meats, vegetables, and some cream of mushroom soup. Yes sir!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
No-Mayo Coleslaw Recipe | Fresh Tastes Blog | PBS Food

Ingredients
1/4 small red cabbage
1/2 small green cabbage
1/2 carrot, shredded
zest of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions
Remove any tough outer leaves from the cabbage.
Trim the core and any tough stems from the cabbage and thinly slice.
Add to a bowl with the shredded carrot, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and black pepper. Toss to combine.
Serve this right away for more of a salad, or store it in the fridge overnight for a slaw that’s more pickled.

I modified this slightly by 1. using bagged shredded cabbage + fiesta broccoli slaw blends, 2. Adding a bit of fid balsamic vinegar and more honey than the recipe calls for, and 3. Adding a salad supreme spice and a couple dollops of light sour cream. It came out very rich and flavorful, it'd make for a fantastic burger topping too if you have those cheap store-bought burgers.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I thought I lost this recipe.. and I was going to go bananas. So I am re-labeling it for the search function.

Fried Chicken Mix Seasoning with tarragon, buttermilk, and bisquick

The mix:
3 cups of Pancake mix (I use Bisquick)
2 envelopes Tomato soup mix (if you can't find it, and sometimes I can't, using the knorr tomato/chicken bouillon powder works just as good)
2 envelopes Italian dressing mix
1 tbsp Paprika
2 tsp Dried chervil
1 tsp Seasoned salt
1 tsp Instant chicken bouillon powder (Add an extra tablespoon of the bouillon above if using that.)
1 tsp Dried parsley
1 tsp Tarragon
1/2 tsp Sage
1/4 tsp Pepper

Grind it all up together, soak your chicken in buttermilk a few hours, coat it in this stuff, and it is AMAZING fried anything.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Super Hydrating, cheaper-than-coconut-water fake Gatorade/Juice for kids --

- 2 Qt container
- Hibiscus flowers (mostly for color) + 4 tea bags of a decaffeinated tea that won't dry your mouth out (no green tea) that have a fruity flavor or a sweet flavor to it (A cheaper version: use a package of kool-aid)
- 1 packages of pineapple coco-hydro dried coconut water (provides the potassium) (a cheaper version: use lite salt at 1/8th tsp)
- 1/2 cup of sugar or sweetener of choice (Anything goes here, this is a taste preference + glucose energy thing. You can replace this with sweet fruit juices too if you want. Coconut sugar doesn't really mix well into these things and over powers the flavors, so I'd avoid that one. Honey can overpower the tea too.)
- 1/4th tsp sea salt (for more sodium to be more gatorade-like. You can leave this out if you're on a salt restricted diet or if you just don't need extra sodium in your diet)

Boil about 6 cups of water and deeply steep the hibiscus flowers and tea bags to get a really strong flavor and color out of them. Let them cool entirely and steep as long as desired really.

Mix the dry/powdered ingredients in about 1 Qt of hot but not necessarily boiling water until dissolved, and put into the 2 Qt container. (I used an old juice bottle that was washed out.) When the tea is done, add it, and keep adding water until the 2 qt container is full.

Use like gatorade, or give it out like juice to kids knowing it's at least a little healthier than juice boxes. The red/pink color fools my nephews all the time, and the fruity tea and sweetener is passable apparently, they ask for it.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Low calorie cupcakes that are super easy to make:

- Cake mix -- 1 box's worth (angel food cake mix will have a lower calorie count than other types)
- Soda -- 1 1/2 cup. Zero-calorie sodas if you're not the picky type.. if you are, a higher calorie soda is fine.

Mix the two together until they stop foaming so much. When they're smooth, put them in as cupcakes, and bake them at 350 degrees for about 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Some light whipped topping would still put these around 100 calories a piece.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Bust open the yola, then you throw it in the pot
Mix that soda with that water, make that motherfucker lock
Chop it up and bag it, then ya flood the whole block
With that candy, cha-cha, white lobster, ready rock!

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bust open the yola, then you throw it in the pot
Mix that soda with that water, make that motherfucker lock
Chop it up and bag it, then ya flood the whole block
With that candy, cha-cha, white lobster, ready rock!

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I was going to start a forum recipe book, then I saw this thread. Do you mind if I hijack it with a few recipes I have fallen in love with ?

I love how quick, easy, and delicious these recipes are. I have pretty much adopted Nigella's cooking.

Sicilian pasta. (10 minutes)
SICILIAN PASTA WITH TOMATOES, GARLIC & ALMONDS | Recipes | Nigella Lawson

Tagliata For Two ( 10 minutes)
The Chew: Nigella Lawson's Tagliata For Two & Baked Spinach Recipe

I make these at the same time so everything is done in approx 10- 15 mins max.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ You absolutely may [MENTION=21890]Codex[/MENTION] :) I just throw things in here willy-nilly, no reason you can't do the same!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
some Betty Rocker recipes i got from the Webinar. <3

Mango Coleslaw with ginger Lime dressing
- 2-3 grated carrots
- 1/2 head cabbage, 1/4th purple 1/4th green shredded
- 1/2 jicama shredded
- 1/2 an apple shredded
- 1/4th cup cilantro chopped up
For the dressing:
- 2 handfuls of cashews soaked
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1-2 limes
- Pinch of salt
- Enough water to let it thin out into a creamy paste

Blend the dressing ingredients, mix it all up, and it's coleslaw. Magic!

Direct recipe:
Mango Cole Slaw with Creamy Ginger-Lime Dressing
1/2 medium jicama
1/4 red cabbage
1 granny smith apple
2 large carrots
1 mango
1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
1/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup water (or more for desired consistency)
1/2 lime, juiced
1 garlic clove
1 inch ginger
pinch salt and pepper
Directions
Prepare vegetables using a mandolin or a sharp knife. Slice the jicama, cabbage, apple and carrots on a mandolin and slice into thin matchsticks using a sharp knife. Add to a large mixing bowl.
Cut each side of the mango and scoop out the flesh, allowing you to cut lengthwise. Add mango and cilantro to mixing bowl.
In a blender, add cashews, water, lime juice, garlic, ginger, and salt and pepper. Process until creamy.
Toss together the vegetables and dressing and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Direct recipe:

Cucumber Cups with Roasted Beet Hummus and Lemon-Macadamia Drizzle

Ingredients
1 medium beet
4 cucumbers, cut into thirds
1.5 cups cooked garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
1/2 cup tahini
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup water (or more until desired consistency
Lemon Macadamia Drizzle
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, soaked
1/4 shallot
1/2 lemon, juiced
a few springs of mint leaves
1/4 - 1/2 cup water (or more for desired consistency)
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
pinch of salt

Directions
Preheat oven to 375F. Wash beet thoroughly and chop into cubes. Cook for 35-45 minutes and set aside. You can also steam the beet cubes for about 20 minutes if you're running low on time.
Take each cucumber piece and hollow out the middle with a melon baller. Set aside.
Add the macadamias, shallot, lemon, mint, water, and salt to the blender and process until smooth and creamy. Pour mxture into squeeze bottle and set aside until ready to use.
Add the cooked beet, garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic cloves, and 1/2 cup water to blender and process until smooth.
With a ziplock bag (or piping bag) cut a small corner piece off and add beet hummus into the bag. Squeeze the beet hummus into each cucumber cup
With the squeeze bottle, drizzle lemon macadamia cream over the filled cucumber cups and garnish with extra mint or lemon zest if desired.

Apples Dipped in Cacao Ganash

Ingredients
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup cacao powder or unsweeteened chocolate powder
2 Tbl liquid sweeteener (honey, maple syrup etc.)
Directions
Using a double boiler, heat all ingredients together, whisking until desired consistency.
Dip your favorite fruit, lay on parchment-paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate until ready to add. You can also roll in nuts, seeds, dried fruit before placing in refrigerator to make it fun and interactive.

Last edited:

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Carrot & Lentil Soup

This is a great way to use up extras and it's quick and easy. I got this recipe online lol.

Ingredients:
1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds
Teaspoon chilli flakes
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 medium-sized carrots, grated
150g split red lentils
125mL cream
1L hot vegetable stock mix (if using cubes, you'll need 5-6)

Method:
1. Heat a large saucepan and dry-fry the cumin seeds and chilli flakes for 1 min, or until they start to jump around the pan and release their aromas. Add the oil, carrot, lentils, stock and milk to the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 mins until the lentils have swollen and softened.

2. Whizz the soup with a stick blender or in a food processor until smooth. Season to taste and finish with a dollop of yogurt. Serves 4.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Sounds like you like your soups pretty hot!! :laugh:

Some pickles I want to try:

Austin inspired Asian style cold spicy pickle mix:

"Korean radish, celery, onion and jalapenos marinated overnight with soy sauce, rice wine and vinegar."

1 cucumber, shaved into strips
2 Jalapenos
1 onion
5 stalks celery
2 Korean radishes
1 part soy sauce
1/4th part sugar
1 part rice wine
1 part vinegar
1/4th part salt

Marinade that shit overnight in the fridge and enjoy it the next day. Slightly sweet, slightly pickled, spicy, and COLD. I had this from a place and it was GREAT, but I'd like to tweak the recipe so that it isn't quite as spicy. I'll play with it more. This is the rough draft.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I want to try something a bit more ambitious than I have before with a fillet and have decided on a wellington. This is a fancy dish and something to put on at a dinner party - not for the average meal! Traditionally, beef is used but venison is a local speciality and I prefer its taste. I'll have a shot at the recipe this weekend.

FTR: The original recipe has shallots, but I can't stand them so have ommitted those.

Ingredients
1kg/2lb 2oz venison loin, boned and trimmed
drizzle olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper

For the duxelles
75g/3oz butter
600g/1lb 5oz field mushrooms, very finely chopped
3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
200ml/7fl oz port
12 slices prosciutto
350g/12oz smooth duck liver pâté
1 pack ready-made puff pastry
1 egg, for egg wash

Preparation method

1. Place a large frying pan over a medium heat. Rub the venison all over with olive oil and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the venison in the pan and seal on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.

2. For the duxelles, add the butter to the same frying pan. Once hot and foaming, turn the heat down, add the mushrooms and thyme and cook for a further 6-8 minutes.

3. Pour in the port and continue to cook until it has almost completely reduced. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the duxelle mixture to cool.

4. Lay a large piece of clingfilm out on a work surface. Lay the slices of prosciutto out on the cling film, overlapping each other. Spread the cooled duxelles mixture over the prosciutto slices.

5. Spread the pâté over the venison and sit it in the middle of the duxelle mixture. Use the clingfilm to wrap the proscuitto around the venison. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.

6. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.

7. Cut two pieces of puff pastry approximately 5cm/2in longer and wider than the wrapped piece of venison.

8. Place one piece of pastry on a chopping board. Remove the venison from the fridge, carefully remove the clingfilm and place it in the middle of the pastry.

9. Brush egg wash all over the venison and press the second piece of pastry on top. Seal it down the sides of the meat and bring up the bottom piece of pastry to seal the wellington together. Trim off any excess pastry. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.

10. Turn the oven down to 150C/300F/Gas 2 and cook for a further 10 minutes.

11. Remove from the oven and allow to rest before carving into slices.

Less than 30 mins prep time
30 mins to 1 hour cooking time
Serves 4-6

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My favorite salad mix:

- 2 parts power greens blend
- 1 part shredded cabbage
- 1 part broccoli slaw
- 1/2 part matchstick carrots
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 handful cranberries
- 1/2 handful of chow mein noodles
- Basil leaves and mint leaves
- Sprinkling of Mrs. Dash italian blend

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Other folks can add recipes?? :holy:

Have this pasta recipe, that I'm totally addicted to at the moment:

15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta — Oh She Glows

Ingredients:

9 ounces (255 g) uncooked pasta (use gluten-free, if desired)
1 to 2 small cloves garlic, to taste
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 ripe medium avocado, pitted
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon (1 to 2 mL) fine-grain sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Lemon zest, for serving

Directions:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- While the pasta cooks, make the sauce: In a food processor, combine the garlic and basil and pulse to mince.
- Add the lemon juice, oil, avocado flesh, and 1 tablespoon (15 mL) water and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed. If the sauce is too thick, add another 1 tablespoon (15 mL) water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and place it back in the pot. Add the avocado sauce and stir until combined. You can gently rewarm the pasta if it has cooled slightly, or simply serve it at room temperature.
- Top with lemon zest, pepper, and fresh basil leaves, if desired.

(I like the pasta creamier, so I add little to no water, and a little extra oil. Also I never add lemon zest or extra basil, but I do usually stir in cherry tomatoes and/or wilted spinach. Plus parmesan cheese, which is necessary IMO.)