• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kyuuei's Cook book!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Category: Breakfast.

Farina with Apricots and Almonds
Calories: 266
Source: Real Simple Magazine

Total time: 5 minutes, serves 2.

2 cups low-fat milk
Salt
1/3 cup farina (Cream of wheat (not instant), for example)
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup apricots (dried or fresh), chopped
2 Tbsp almonds, chopped (Covered in dark chocolate..mmm...)

Bring milk and salt to boil in a small saucepan. Whisk in farina, reduce the heat and simmer, whisking until thickened (2-3minutes). Spoon into bowls, top with other ingredients.

Toast with Ricotta and Grapes
Calories: 269

4 slices of toasted bread
1/4 cup ricotta
1 cup grapes
1 Tbsp honey

Real easy, just spread the ricotta on, drizzle honey, and set grapes in.

These will get updated when I post the pictures of them..

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Category: Planning Ahead Dinner

Essentially, it's a shopping list each week containing all the ingredients needed to create dinner plates for 4 every evening for a month based on each week's shopping list.

Week 1's Grocery List

What you may already have:
Olive Oil (at least 1/2 cup)
Soy Sauce, low sodium (at least 1/4 cup)
2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
Long Grain white rice (or any rice really..) 1 cup
Spaghetti noodles (3/4s box)
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Onion
1 Tbsp Butter
1 oz Parmesan
Salt and Pepper

What You Need as well:

4 6oz Tilapia Fillets
8 Chicken drumsticks (about 2 1/2 lbs)
Pork Tenderloin 1 1/4lbs
Flank Steak 1lb
2 Red bell peppers
1lb Green beans
12oz brussel sprouts
Baby bok choy 4 heads
Flat-leaf parsley, 1/2 cup
Rosemary, 1 sprig
1 lime (Imo, not nearly enough limes for the entire week :laugh: )
2 small sweet potatoes (about a pound)
1 inch piece of fresh ginger
2 shallots
1/3 cup ricotta cheese
4 corn bread muffins
Green olives 1/2 cup
Orange marmalade 1/4 cup
Apricots (dried or fresh) 1/4 cup
Roasted almonds 2 tbsp
Chili-Garlic sauce 1/2 tsp

Monday Dinner - Tilapia with Peppers and Olives
Calories: 203

Hands on time - 20 minutes, total time: 20 minutes, serves 4

2 tbsp olive oil
the tilapia fillets from above
salt and pepper
2 Red bell peppers
1 Onion
1/2 cup green olives
1/2 cup parsley chopped
Fresh Lime juice

Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Season fish with salt and pepper, cook until opaque throughout (about 4-5 min per side).

Heat remaining oil in another nonstick skillet. Cook peppers and onion slices until tender, around 8-10 minutes. Stir in olives, parsley, and lime juice with more salt and pepper. Serve over the fish.

Tuesday Dinner - Beek and Bok Choy Stir-fry

Total time: 20 minutes, serves 4

1 cup long grain rice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
salt and pepper
4 baby bok choy heads
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1 tbsp brown sugar

Cook rice accordingly. Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Season the steak with salt and pepper and cook, turning often, until cooked through (3-4 minutes). Transfer steak to a plate.

Wipe out skillet. Add bok choy and 1/4 cup water and simmer, covered, until tender, 2-3 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and sugar. Add to bok choy in skillet and bring to boil. Add steak and accumulated juices and cook, tossing, until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Serve over rice.

Wednesday Dinner - Spicy Orange Glazed Drumsticks with Green Beans

Total time: 45 minutes, serves 4

1/4 cup orange marmalade
1/2 tsp chili-garlic sauce
8 chicken drumsticks
Salt and pepper
1lb green beans
1 tbsp butter
4 corn bread muffins, warmed

Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a bowl, mix the marmalade and garlic sauce.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Rose on a foil-lined pan until cooked through (35-40minutes) brushing with the mixture in the bowl during the last 10 minutes of cooking.

Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the green beans until tender, about 4-6 minutes. Drain and toss with butter, salt, and pepper. Serve with chicken and muffins.

Thursday Dinner - Roasted Pork with Brussel Sprouts and Apricots
Calories: 204

Total time: 25 minutes, serves 4.

2 Tbsp Olive oil
1 1/4lb pork tenderloin
Salt and pepper
12 oz Brussel Sprouts, thinly sliced
1/4 cup apricots, dried or fresh
2 tbsp roasted almonds, chopped.

Again, 400 degree oven. Heat oil in a skillet thats ovenproof medium-high. Season pork with salt and pepper, cook, turning occasionally, until browned 6-8 minutes. Transfer skillet to ovn and roast until prok is cooked through, 10-12 minutes. Let rest before slicing.

While resting, heat remaining oil in another skillet medium-high heat. Add sprouts, apricots, almonds, salt and pepper, and cook, tossing, until sprouts are just tender, 3-4 minutes. Serve with pork.

Friday Dinner - Spaghetti with Sweet potatoes and Ricotta
Calories: 204

Total time: 25 minutes, serves 4.

3/4ths box of spaghetti noodles
2 tbsp olive oil
2 small sweet potatoes cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Salt and pepper
2 Shallots, sliced
1 sprig of chopped rosemary
1/4 cup grated parmesan (1oz)
1/3 cup ricotta

Cook pasta accordingly via directions on the box. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, drain the rest. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet, medium-high heat. Add potatoes, salt and pepper, and cook stirring occasionally and covered for 10 minutes. Add shallots and rosemary and cook uncovered until potatoes are tender, 3-5 minutes.

Toss pasta with potatoe mixture, parm, and reserved cooking water. Incorporate ricotta and serve.

Phew!! I'll post the other weeks sometime when I feel like typing them out :)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I just read up on Muesli, and it looks tasty :drool: I'll have to experiment with it, I've never even heard of it before. Thank you Mardy :heart:

Obie - ;) I have all kinds of recipes I've been meaning to record in here. Stuffed Kyuuei is the most complicated of them all.

O

Oberon

Obie - ;) I have all kinds of recipes I've been meaning to record in here. Stuffed Kyuuei is the most complicated of them all.

No doubt it's very complex, both salty and sweet, with a delightful fresh flavor that lingers.

Oh, and it's delicious, of course. :wubbie:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
It's an acquired taste though. Not everyone likes it, by any means. :smooch:

O

Oberon

Some people just don't know what's good.

So... back to really talking about food... what do you have in the way of one-pot meals?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Clever mouse.. :) I have a few recipes I've been meaning to preserve that are one potters.. I'm in love with setting something around breakfast in the crockpot to cook all day long for dinner, but I have a few others I'm rather fond of. I'm also posting up some stuff that you can make and freeze so that you can just pull out homemade later on in the week when there's less time.

I'll dig them up and post them on here this weekend ;)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Category: Slow cooker.

Simple 15 Bean Recipe
Calories: Ham + Beans
Source: Me!

Total time: 24+ hours

1 package of dried 15 bean soup (toss the stupid ham flavoring packet they give you)
Leftover ham cut into pieces and the ham hock
Spices you enjoy (for my recipe: Kick'n Chicken grinder, sea salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne, paprika, lemon pepper, onion salt, and dried parsley)
Minced Garlic to taste, and 1/4th of an onion if you don't have onion salt

Fill the crock pot between 1/4th and 1/3rd fill of hot water from the sink. Pour the spices into the water and dissolve them as best as possible. Pour the beans in, put the lid on, and let them soak a good 3 hours.

After about 3 hours, turn the crock pot on low, and let them cook overnight.

First thing in the morning, remove the lid, and put in minced garlic, onion, hocks and ham pieces. Give it a good stir, put the lid on tight again, and allow it to continue to cook the entire day.

Serve with rice if ya want :) it's perfect cold weather food.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
This is a meal roster I created for the next week or so, based on ingredients we need to eat up in our freezer.

1. Monday – Turkey, veggies, and mashed potato
a. Turkey
b. Brine ingredients: 1 cup salt, 1 lemon, cut into wedges, 1 orange, cut into wedges, 1 medium onion, cut into wedges, 3 cloves garlic, 4 bay leaves, 1 tablespoon dried thyme, 1 tablespoon ground black pepper, 1 1/2 gallons cold water
c. Veggies from freezer
d. Mashed potato side
i. Brine turkey in pan for 3 days
ii. When done thawing, discard brine, Preheat oven to 475 degrees
iii. Separate skin from breast, coat breast lightly in butter, Remove legs for later recipe
iv. Place dried rosemary and thyme between the skin and breast
v. Rub salt and pepper around the outside of the turkey
vi. Cook on 475 degrees for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 275 degrees
vii. Cook on 275 degrees for an additional 6 hours
viii. Remove and allow to rest for 20 minutes
ix. While resting, steam veggies and make mashed potato mix
x. Carve out separate pieces for each recipe: 4 large pieces for buffalo wings, shredded pieces for fajitas, enchiladas, quesadillas, casserole, tetrazzini, and meatloaves
2. Tuesday – Smoked turkey legs with roasted veggies
a. Previously removed turkey legs
b. Fruit juices, brown sugar, soy, and Worcestershire sauce, mustard
c. Onion, Carrot, Potato, and bell pepper cut into large bite-size pieces
d. ¼ cup olive oil, and seasonings to taste, two tbsp Balsamic Vinegar, parsley and chives
i. Marinade turkey legs in mixture for at least 2 hours, inject with it if possible
ii. Rub outside with salt
iii. Preheat oven to 475 degrees
iv. Coat veggies in olive oil and spices, cook for 35-40 minutes stirring every 10 min
v. Use grill to slow smoke turkey legs until cooked through
3. Wednesday – Buffalo “Chicken” Wings and salad
a. ½ cup chicken stock
b. Hot sauce to taste
c. 1 clove garlic
d. 1 tbsp cornstarch
e. Salad ingredients
f. 1/3 cup yogurt, ¼ cup milk, crumbled blue cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper
i. Combine stock, hot sauce, and cornstarch until thick
ii. Coat turkey breasts in sauce and heat up in oven
iii. Meanwhile, combine salad fixings and whisk together F’s ingredients
iv. Put turkey breast chunks on salad, coat with dressing, and serve.
4. Thursday – Breaded shrimp and rice with salad
a. Yesterday’s salad fixings
b. Yesterday’s hot sauce mix
c. Panko breading
d. Shrimp, thawed
e. Rice, cheese, and mushrooms
i. Cook rice with cheese and mushrooms in rice cooker until done
ii. Combine yesterday’s hot sauce mix and coat shrimp in it, then bread with panko
iii. Bake in oven until shrimp is done
5. Friday – Turkey fajitas
a. Shredded turkey meat
b. Taco meat seasoning
c. Flour tortillas
d. Refried beans with cheese and milk
e. Pico de gallo
f. Sour cream, avocado, goat cheese or queso fresco
i. Cook shredded turkey meat in with taco meat seasoning
ii. Put rest of meat aside for next recipes (split in half)
iii. Warm tortillas, and top with toppings
6. Saturday – Turkey enchiladas
a. Enchilada sauce
b. Cooked meat from Friday
c. Cheese
d. Flour tortillas and ingredients from Friday
i. Cook enchilada sauce as instructions say
ii. Build enchiladas in pan and bake until warm, top with toppings
7. Sunday – Casserole
a. Use any leftovers from previous meals to build this recipe and cook until combined
8. Monday – Turkey Mini meatloaves with roasted veggies
a. Shredded turkey meat, cut into fine fine bits
b. Green chilies
c. ½ cup milk, 1 tsp olive oil, panko bread crumbs
d. Onion and pepper package from freezer, thawed
e. Frozen spinach, thawed
f. Cheese, 1 large egg, salt and pepper, 1/8th teaspoon of nutmeg
g. Use roasted veggie ingredients from above
h. 3 tbsp ketchup, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp hot sauce for glaze
i. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
ii. Combine veggie ingredients and cook the same way as described above
iii. Use panko bread crumbs and combine with milk
iv. Add onions, peppers, spinach, turkey, egg, and spices to bread crumbs and mold into individual meatloaves
v. Cook about 40 minutes, but create glaze and brush over meatloaves while cooking
9. Hamburgers, fries, and milkshakes
a. Hamburger meat, cheese, and spices to taste and buns
b. 2 sweet potatoes, 1 tbsp olive oil, ½ teaspoon chili powder, ½ tsp garlic powder, salt pepper, juice of ½ lime
c. Yogurt salted for mayo, mustard, ketchup, lettuce and tomato for toppings
d. Pint ice cream, 30 wafers, 1/3 cup milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract in blender for milkshakes
i. Cook hamburger meat until done, topping with cheese
ii. 425 degrees, bake potatoes, stirring every 10 minutes, for 30-35 min.
10. Mediterranean Leg Quarters
a. Leg quarters, thawed
b. Marinade at least 1 hr: 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 lemon quartered, 3 cloves garlic, salt, pepper, 1 tsp dried rosemary
c. 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 garlic clove, 1 pint cherry tomatoes, splash balsamic vinegar
d. Salsa verde: 1 cup each flat leaf parsley, mint, basil x 2
e. 1/3 cup olive oil
f. 3 garlic cloves, 3 tbsp capers, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, pepper, salt
i. Blend salsa verde together, and combine tomato ingredients (minus oil) for tomato salad
ii. Preheat oven, and cook chicken until done
iii. Meanwhile, put tomato mixture into skillet medium high heat for 2-3 minutes
iv. Top chicken with salsa verde and tomatoes on side
11. Huevos Rancheros
a. Ranchero sauce: 1 can peeled tomatoes in juice, Onion and pepper pack, 1 garlic clove, 2 tsp olive oil, ½ tsp cumin, Cilantro 2 tbsp.
b. For Guac: 1 avocado, juice of ½ lime, ½ cup cherry tomatoes chopped, some of onion/pepper pack, cilantro
c. Tortillas, 2 tsp olive oil, 4 large eggs, salt, pepper, 2 oz cheese, 1 lime, 2/3 cup yogurt
i. Blend ranchero sauce ingredients until smooth, heat oil in pan medium-low
ii. Add onion/pepper pack, season with cumin and salt and cook till soft
iii. Remove some of onion/pepper, add sauce to the rest, cook until thick (10 min)
iv. Combine guac ingredients in bowl and mash with fork
v. Fry eggs in skillet, and serve with sauce on top, quac on side, and tortillas

O

Oberon

Do you ever make egg salad? For some reason I'm craving a nice rich egg salad with onions on wheat toast.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Egg salad is a frequent lunch time meal in this house :D Egg or tuna, or sometimes both.

I like it with sour cream instead of mayo, a bit of horseradish mustard, soy sauce, garlic, lime, and dill relish. :drool:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Today's menu: Filet Mingnon with lo-mein stir-fry and shrimp.

Marinade the filets, and meanwhile put the oven up to 500F with a dry, clean cast iron skillet inside of it. Turn the stove top onto high heat as well when you plan to remove the skillet. Place hot skillet on the high heat, and then sear the steaks for a minute on each side, turning with tongs, and then put the skillet back into the oven for 3-5 minutes depending on how well done you want them.

Remove the steaks, cover with foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Coat each side with a mixture of panko, seasonings you like, lime juice, and salt.

Meanwhile, stir-fry up some noodles and veggies you like. Cook shrimp until shrimp is well done, add to the stirfry and coat with soy sauce and seasonings you like, set to the side. Too easy.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Category: Dessert.

Chocolate Fudge Bars
Calories: Probably a shit-load, but smart swaps in the recipe can drop it
Source: The back of a package

Total time: 1 hour including prep time

- Baking/Cooking Spray lining a baking dish
- 2 cups packed brown sugar (there are different types of brown sugar, which I think are a biiiit better for you)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 packages of Chocolate chip muffin mix (different packages give different calorie counts so finding a lower count one would be a good swap)
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats (same with this get-up here)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (fat-free condensed milk would be a good swap)
- 1 pack semi-sweet chocolate chips (dark chocolate would be a good swap)

Heat over to 350 degrees. Beat brown sugar and butter until fluffy, then beat in vanilla and egg. Stirr in muffin mix and oats. Remove one cup of the mixture, and pour the rest into the lined pan.

Meanwhile, combine sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in a double broiler, and melt chocolate down until smooth. (you can add nuts here if you want but ew..) pour this mixture over the previous one in the dish. Then take a laddle and trickle the rest of the mix over the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden-brown, let cook completely before serving.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
0903101835-00.jpg

Cooked stir-fry tonight. :3 I like to use Fajita meat for stir-fry instead of raw unseasoned chicken. I think it comes out better and without a lot of extra sauces and spices.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Cooked stir-fry tonight. :3 I like to use Fajita meat for stir-fry instead of raw unseasoned chicken. I think it comes out better and without a lot of extra sauces and spices.

that looks super awesome!! so good.

what do you mean by "fajita meat"?
my wife and i (especially me, haha) make lots of fajitas, but we always just use chicken??
or is 'fajita meat' just chicken with the lime and cilantro and cumin and stuff already added to it?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Precisely. A lot of shops around here sell pre-marinaded fajita meat, and it's honestly the same price as raw meat, so we usually end up buying pre-seasoned stuff. There's a couple stores that I particularly like the blends..

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
yeah, very cool!
i used to buy meat from a place years ago in Philly, they had some kind of incredible seasoning...
i never figured out what it was they used. i asked EVERY SINGLE TIME i picked up meat, but the guys would never tell me, haha. it became a real joke between us, i always asked what their secrets were and they NEVER told me.
sons of bitches! :laugh: