User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ We're trying not to die of liver failure by age 35 You're a stronger man than I prpl!!

Category: Breakfast Food

Swedish Rice Porridge (How swedish this is I have no idea )
    Source: USA Rice Federation
    Calories: I'd imagine this rather decent calorie-wise with it mainly being rice, a minute amount of butter and sugar and milk.

1 cup uncooked rice
    2 tablespoons butter or margarine
    1 teaspoon salt
    4 cups milk
    1 (2-inch) stick cinnamon
    2 tablespoons granulated sugar
    1 blanched almond
    1 cup light cream
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Additional milk (optional)
    Additional granulated sugar (optional)
    Additional cinnamon (optional)

Combine rice, butter, salt and 1 cup water in large saucepan. Heat to boiling, cover and cook 10 minutes. Stir in milk and cinnamon stick. Cover and cook over low heat about 45 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove cinnamon stick.
    Add sugar, almond, cream and vanilla. Pour into hot serving dish. Serve with additional milk, sugar and cinnamon, if desired.
    Makes 6 servings.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

well its not for one person its usually made for a party. i don't drink caribou lous every night or weekend.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    The Renaissance festival in plantersville, Tx.

Its amazing. I work there, is why I have the recipes. I especially recommend the Russian tea.
    hahahahahahaha....ooooooooooooohhh.....hahahahahah ahahahahahahahha....oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooh.....lovely.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Category: Breakfast Food

Rice Porridge Version 2
    A reduced-ingredient list for a simpler pudding-like porridge.

2 c. cooked rice
    1/2 c. sugar
    2 eggs, slightly beaten
    2 c. milk
    1/2 tsp. vanilla
    1/2 tsp. powdered cinnamon
    Preparation:
    Place rice in bowl, add all ingredients, stir to mix. Pour into greased baking dish or pan. Bake about 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

and Version 3

1 cup long grain rice, cooked with 1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 cups milk
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Preparation:
    Add cooked rice to milk; heat to scalding point in saucepan. Beat egg yolks with 1/2 cup granulated sugar and vanilla. Add some of the rice and milk slowly into the egg yolk mixture, stirring briskly. Pour all back into the saucepan and cook until thickened.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Category: Alcoholic

Jello Shots
    A breakdown of how to improve jello shots to make shots that solidify properly, and come out cleanly.

2oz condiment cups with lids. (These are usually sold at Sams Club and you get a billion of them. You can also go to a lot of restaurants and request to buy a sleeve from them )
    Flavors of jello (strawberry, lime, black cherry.. they all do very well.)
    Flavored rum/alcohol (Allowing me to be clear. I use rum because it mixes well, is cheap, comes in many flavors, and is a lower proof. Lower proof means more alcohol per shot. A higher proof you can only put so much in otherwise the shot will not solidify. ANY alcohol can be used, but think of the flavor!!!)
    Boiling water
    Ice cold water
    Pam cooking spray and a 1 oz scoop

This chart indicates the alcohol proof, and the amount of alcohol and cold water that should be added to the mix based on said proof. The recipe I will list after the chart will go based on 80 proof.

Proof: 30-50 - 13 oz alcohol, 3 oz water
    Proof: 80-100 - 10 oz alcohol, 6 oz water (I skipped 60-70 because I haven't tested those)
    Proof: 150-200 - 6 oz alcohol, 10 oz water (again, didn't test proofs between these, but it makes for a good guestimation)

Okay! how to make them: So easy. 3 oz Jello (one small/regular package), 8 oz boiling water. Mix them together. Add in 10 oz 80-100 proof alcohol, stir. Add in 3-6 oz cold water. Spray unflavored Pam onto a paper towel and coat insides of the cups with it. Use 1 oz scoop to fill condiment cups half way. Stick the lid on so they don't spill, and place in the fridge for at least an hour. I think they actually solidify in less than an hour, but just to be safe!

Shots should be totally solidified, but still with as much alcohol as possible, and the Pam makes them SO easy to get out of the cup instead of them sticking to the sides.

Category: Poultry

Chicken Nuggets/Boneless Buffalo Wings!
    Calories: it's fried..

An awesome recipe I messed with until I perfected it. The best thing is you can make the mix ahead of time and store it, so it's super easy. You'll never go back to store-bought.

The mix:
    • 3 cups of Pancake mix (I use Bisquick)
    • 2 envelopes Tomato soup mix (if you can't find it, and sometimes I can't, using the knorr tomato/chicken bouillon powder works just as good)
    • 2 envelopes Italian dressing mix
    • 1 tbsp Paprika
    • 2 tsp Dried chervil
    • 1 tsp Seasoned salt
    • 1 tsp Instant chicken bouillon powder (Add an extra tablespoon of the bouillon above if using that.)
    • 1 tsp Dried parsley
    • 1 tsp Tarragon
    • 1/2 tsp Sage
    • 1/4 tsp Pepper

Blend all of these ingredients together in a food processor or blender that handles dry ingredients.

Other ingredients:
    • Raw boneless, skinless chicken cut into nugget-sized pieces
    • Buttermilk

Soak the chicken pieces in the buttermilk for an hour in the fridge. Take them out, roll the pieces in the mix, and fry as you usually would.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Easy, healthy breakfast.

1tsp olive oil
    Basil
    Salt and pepper
    Hot sauce
    2 eggs
    Turkey Bacon
    a Tomato.

Set the oven to Broil, and drizzle some of the olive oil onto a tomato cut in half. Salt, pepper, basil, and pop in the oven until wrinkly on top.

Meanwhile, use the remaining olive oil to fry up the two eggs however you like them (I love runny yolk and solid whites), then fry up the turkey bacon in the residue of the oil. Pop a pepperocini to wake you up and you're set!

I like the fancy disposable plates, nice touch. I normally skip plates and eat straight out of pots and pans.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ I frequently did this at my apartment.. my mom haaaates it

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Category: Dinners.

Marinade, Breaded Chicken with Veggies
    Calories: no clue
    Source: My Recipe I made up

For the Marinade:
    - 2 parts Salad Dressing (Any will do, but I used Creamy Balsamic)
    - 6 parts Olive oil
    - 2 parts Mustard
    - 1 part of spices of your desire (I used Montreal chicken spice, lemon pepper, and cayenne)

Chicken legs, quarters, or boneless, skinless breast (I used drumsticks for this recipe )

Marinade the chicken for 1 hour in the fridge. When its done...

For the breading:
    - Zatarains makes a chicken shake-and-bake mixture made of Panko..
    - Add a bit of chilli powder and cumin to that mixture and you're set!

Shake the marinaded chicken to coat it in the bread crumbs. Line a pan with foil, and bake. (With bones and big, thick pieces: 40-55 minutes. Boneless, skinless breasts 20-30 minutes.)

While the chicken is cooking, I just bought a bag of potatoe-and-broccoli-with-cheese-sauce frozen, and added crinkle-cut carrots to it and let it heat up on the stove and steam itself hot.

Simple Spaghetti
    Calories: no clue
    Source: My Recipe

I'm mainly adding this because it ties into the next recipe.

Sauce:
    - I use a jar of basic spaghetti sauce
    - Meatballs or cook up some ground italian sausage
    - Fennel, Oregano, Basil, rosemary, cumin, and whatever other spices you like.
    - 1 chopped onion and minced garlic
    - 1 package of mushrooms
    - And of course, spaghetti noodles.

Just bring all the ingredients to a good boily-like thing, and then reduce the heat and allow to simmer on low heat for about 40 minutes. 30 minutes in, add a bit of olive oil to boiling water and cook the noodles. 35 minutes in, cook some ciabatta bread glazed with olive oil and tomato pieces sprinkled with mozzarella cheese. Simple, effective, and awesome.

Most importantly: Place a small container of the sauce aside.

Stuffed Shells
    Calories: No clue, but it rocks
    Source: My recipe

- Ricotta Cheese
    - Frozen spinach thawed, washed a bit, and squeezed mostly dry
    - Spaghetti sauce from previous recipe
    - Pesto Sauce (They have unique little packages you can boil up now-a-days to make an easy, quick pesto-like taste without all the expensive ingredients)
    - Jumbo Shells of course

Line a pan with foil and non-stick-spray the foil. Boil the shells until they're nice and soft, rinse with cold water so they're touchable. Meanwhile, mix equal parts of spinach and cheese together and add some spices you like to the mixture. Fill the shells with the stuffing, and top with tomato sauce. Heat in the oven until they're all nice and hot, and smear pesto sauce on top. Easy, and awesome.
    Last edited by kyuuei; 02-23-2010 at 03:32 AM.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Category: Lunch.

Another way to cook Hot dogs
    Calories: However many calories a hot dog is
    Source: The Viking cooking guy at the home show

- Crab Oil
    - Hot dogs
    - Melted butter
    - Hot sauce

Very simple, just adds a bit of flavor to hot dogs while cooking them. Add some crab oil to the hot dog and bring it up slowly to a simmering heat. When warmer, transfer to a skillet or bake basted in a 50/50 mixture of melted butter and hot sauce.