User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Three reasons why the nutribullet is probably something I want to invest in (again):

- It works as a grinder/miller. Seriously, one of the best for making those weird vegan-y "just make a crust out of all of this shit! " recipes. It also makes things like homemade chicken fry seasoning a lot more seamless and better all around.
    - It makes some of the smoothest smoothies ever. Crunchy smoothies just suck. They do. They aren't bad.. but they aren't great either. A fresh, bright, green spinach-banana-mango smoothie is just awesome when it's all seamless.
    - It is small and fairly cheap. I'll catch one at the flea market eventually. I think feb is a good time to catch the early new-me quitters from January.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ Hm. If you can use one as a food processor too, then maybe I want to invest in one too.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ^ Hm. If you can use one as a food processor too, then maybe I want to invest in one too.
    i love love love my food processor great for grating tons of cheese and making an awesome hollandaise and other things and pie dough. and bunch of other things. oh and chopping large amounts of carots, celery, and onions. basically its really nice to have
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Yeah I have this processor and I love it to death because the scrapper on the side makes things 1000% easier.

Amazon.com: Hamilton Beach 70730 Bowl Scraper Food Processor: Kitchen & Dining

And I am ordering this guy because he's cheaper than a nutribullet and I have prime so if it does break (some reviews are not happy about early defects) I can return it super easily and exchange it. Nutribullet, for what its worth, has trouble keeping clean and sometimes the bearings breaking as well.. but it is also easy to exchange with amazon.

Amazon.com: BELLA 13984 Rocket Extract Pro Personal Blender: Electric Personal Size Blenders: Kitchen & Dining

My parents have a nutribullet and its worked for years and they loved it and I used it all the time when I cooked. It really was a bit convenient to have screw on lids and stuff to make a smoothie and then run off with it.

The biggest things to remember:
    1. It's upside down. So a not-tight-enough lid means a disaster on the first go around.
    2. NEVER EVER EVER overfill it. I always put it well under the fill line. Trust me, you don't want to know what happens when you overfill it. (Yes you do, it leaks and the bearings and machine get all messed up.)

... that's pretty much it.

Anyways. On to a review!

I made sugar free 'fudge' the other day with this recipe.

3 Ingredient Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Fudge

The results: Add far more peanut butter. The 1-1 ratio meant it was... oily feeling and tasting. Instead of creamy and thick and rich and decadent it turned out pretty hard and oil tasting. The coconut definitely comes through so you have to like coconut to begin with. In the end, I think if you added more peanut butter it would balance it out... maybe a 1 1/2 - 1 ratio for a smoother, softer experience. Luckily, this is easy to melt down and try again with so I'm going to give the recipe another go.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Creating my meal plan for the week! Cleaned the fridge out and organized it to see what I had.

I'm going to eat up the pre-made oatmeal this week for breakfasts. I have a ton of it I got cheap, so I'll dwindle down the cabinet this way.
    Lunch is going to be sandwiches with a soup. I have ham from Christmas that I aim to chop up and freeze, with just enough for sandwiches for the week. I have soup already cooked because YAY silicone dishes + a deep freezer! I've got some roasted brussel sprouts I'll be using in lieu of lettuce because I have a bunch leftover from Christmas.
    Dinner:
    - Pork tenderloin for 2 nights + sweet potatoes and steamed veggies tossed in sauce.
    - A ham-and-cheese quiche with broccoli, peppers, onion, and potato hash for two nights.
    - Leftover Gumbo for 2 nights.
    - And probably at least one meal that's just simply a frozen dinner I have in there.

For snacks I'm going to eat up the cabinets I currently have.. breakfast biscuits, pocky-style savory sticks, more random bread-based stuff, etc.

And next week:
    - Slow cooker chili with the ham bone from Christmas for 2 nights.. I'm adapting this recipe: Veggie Loaded Turkey Chili (Crockpot Recipe) | SunnySideUps
    - Sausage, salad, and steamed vegetables for 2 nights
    - Leftover soup my bf cooked with cabbage, pork sausage, and tomato
    - And another frozen or instant meal planned, or leftovers if they're available

Lunch will probably change gears and be a giant rice stir fry I make and split into 7 dishes.

With, again, snacks coming from the cabinet to eat them down.

After that week, I'll have a better blender for smoothies and I'll re-organize then.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsYnirLq41w

A recipe I want to try. I'm actually a fan of many of this girl's recipes.. despite the fact I think she's spreading an awful over arching message (fully raw diets are not practical, particularly more healthy, and are stupid expensive to maintain) I think she's got good intentions, is pretty chill (she's not a cut-throat omg-you-eat-meat-you're-not-allowed-in-my-club type), and has awesome recipes at times like a pretty good fake wine juicing recipe that was pretty damn good.

Tumeric-flavored zucchini noodles sounds pretty tasty to me.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsYnirLq41w

A recipe I want to try. I'm actually a fan of many of this girl's recipes.. despite the fact I think she's spreading an awful over arching message (fully raw diets are not practical, particularly more healthy, and are stupid expensive to maintain) I think she's got good intentions, is pretty chill (she's not a cut-throat omg-you-eat-meat-you're-not-allowed-in-my-club type), and has awesome recipes at times like a pretty good fake wine juicing recipe that was pretty damn good.

Tumeric-flavored zucchini noodles sounds pretty tasty to me.
    if she did cut your throat their'd be no point in her being vegan
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Pumpkin oatmeal I made this morning, because there aren't enough recipes all over the internet.

- 2 cups oats
    - 3 1/2 cups water.
    - 2 cups pumpkin puree
    - 1 tsp vanilla extract
    - 1/4 cup apple sauce
    - 3 bananas, sliced thin
    - If you have a whisk attachment for a hand blender, 2-3 eggs whisked
    - 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
    - Date paste if you want it sweeter
    - Pumpkin spiced pumpkin seeds my favorite trader joe's seasonal item
    - 1 french vanilla tea bag

Steep boiling water in the tea bag. Add to the oats and cook the oats as usual. If you have an awesome whisk, slowly add eggs into the mix whisking constantly so they don't clump up once the oats are nearly cooked. Yay cheap protein! Do the same with the sliced bananas and date paste, although you can add them in all at once. Then mix in the rest besides the seeds which you will sprinkle on top. Voila!

This makes about a week's worth, so basically you can freeze what you don't eat into oversized muffin tins and pop into the microwave whenever you want a serving.

Likes jcloudz liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Slow cooker apple cobbler stuff:

In the bottom of the cooker:
    - 9 large apples cut up
    - 2 tbsp lemon juice
    - 2 cups water
    - 1/4th cup cornstarch
    - 3 tbsp maple syrup
    - 2 tsp cinnamon
    - 1/2 tsp nutmeg

After
    - Vanilla cake box
    - Butter and/or applesauce

Cook on high for 3-4 hours, with an occasional stir here and there. When the apples are all soft and gooeyish, dump on top a box of vanilla cake mix and then pour 1/2 stick melted butter or 1 cup warmed up applesauce or any combination of the two on top. Do not stir, let it cook again for 2-3 hours.

Top with coconut cream because that stuff is the best evar. Also, don't look at the sugar content. Ever.
    Last edited by kyuuei; 01-11-2016 at 01:14 AM.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I don't know what to call this. Triscuit varieties?

Method 1:
    - Sweet potato and onion triscuits
    - Babybel spreadable pepperjack cheese wedge
    - Maille Dijon mustard, a good spicy one
    - Deli meat

Method 2:
    - Cream cheese
    - A sprinkle of vanilla sugar
    - A dab of pepper jelly
    - Sweet glazed ham pieces