User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

I like to soak my oatmeal overnight. Try searching soaked oatmeal. I enjoyed oatmeal, milk, peanut butter, vanilla essence and cinnamon.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Baked scotch eggs:

Not even a little bit healthy, but they're not fried at least and they came out just as tasty.

For the meat: 1 lb ground pork or ground sausage, salt, pepper, 1/2 raw egg beaten (or dump in a whole egg + some breadcrumbs), 2 tbsp smoked paprika, and some italian spices. Mix it all together.

For the eggs: Boil them with vinegar (5 eggs boiling) for 10-12 minutes, run under very cold water to cool to the touch, and peel.

For the dredging: Breadcrumbs (any style at all)

For the cooking: A pan lined with foul and a rack on top so the eggs are lifted from the pan itself, sprayed with pam so the rack is easier to clean after. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Divide the meat into 5 sections and cover them with the meat until they're baseball sized-ish and fairly even. Roll them heavily in bread crumbs, and set on the rack. Bake for 45-50 minutes until the sausage is completely cooked and the outside is crispy shake-and-bake style.

It's much less messy than fried scotch eggs, less scary, and they tasted incredible and were super filling with some spicy mustard and salt/pepper mix.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Baked scotch eggs:

Not even a little bit healthy, but they're not fried at least and they came out just as tasty.

For the meat: 1 lb ground pork or ground sausage, salt, pepper, 1/2 raw egg beaten (or dump in a whole egg + some breadcrumbs), 2 tbsp smoked paprika, and some italian spices. Mix it all together.

For the eggs: Boil them with vinegar (5 eggs boiling) for 10-12 minutes, run under very cold water to cool to the touch, and peel.

For the dredging: Breadcrumbs (any style at all)

For the cooking: A pan lined with foul and a rack on top so the eggs are lifted from the pan itself, sprayed with pam so the rack is easier to clean after. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Divide the meat into 5 sections and cover them with the meat until they're baseball sized-ish and fairly even. Roll them heavily in bread crumbs, and set on the rack. Bake for 45-50 minutes until the sausage is completely cooked and the outside is crispy shake-and-bake style.

It's much less messy than fried scotch eggs, less scary, and they tasted incredible and were super filling with some spicy mustard and salt/pepper mix.
    question on the vinegar is it straight vinegar or water + vinegar. cuz boiled vinegar smells like sweaty gym socks and doesn't make sense.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy

by @agentwashington

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    question on the vinegar is it straight vinegar or water + vinegar. cuz boiled vinegar smells like sweaty gym socks and doesn't make sense.
    Yeah, you just put about 2 tbsp of vinegar into the pot of water and it helps make the eggs easy to peel.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Yeah, you just put about 2 tbsp of vinegar into the pot of water and it helps make the eggs easy to peel.
    i'm making this for dinner i have almost everything except the bread crumbs

by @agentwashington

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

It turns out pretty good as long as you have a rack I was pretty nervous about them but they were great. Just remember the paprika turns the meat reddish, so don't get alarmed if it looks "undone" as a result when you cut them open

MBTI
    yupp

raw meat never scared me, pffft i laugh in the face of food poisoning than i get sick and throw up. maybe not tonight i can't find my list making thing atm. actually i have never gotten food poisoning.

by @agentwashington
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Pumpkin Bacon Pancakes:

Step 1. Make Trader Joe's/any other brand of pancake mix ever pumpkin pancake and waffle mix from box directions and set aside.
    Step 2. Get a good nonstick spray and pan. Get a second pan and about 1-2 lbs of bacon, cut the bacon slices in half, and start cooking it all up.. trying to keep the bacon as straight as possible by either flattening it with the back end of a spatula a minute on each cooking side while it's soft or just poking at it constantly like I did.
    Step 3. Drain the bacon and let it cool off a bit. Crispier bacon is better because chewy bacon will tend to pull out of the pocket versus crunching pieces off.
    Step 4. That non-stick sprayed pan gets medium low (or pancake) heat, and the bacon pieces get dipped into the batter. Then use a small measuring cup (like a 1/4th cup with a spout on it) and pour a bacon-sized-and-shaped blob of pancake batter into the pan, and press the dipped bacon piece on top.
    Step 5. Cook like a normal pancake. Repeat steps 4-5 like a bazillion times.
    Step 6. Eat what you want, and let the other ones cool completely and then freeze them on a cookie sheet about 2-3 hours and transfer them into a ziplock baggie.
    Step 7. Reheat in a toaster oven or toaster on higher settings than you would bread (think of it like a toaster strudel sort of reheating, you want the middle to be warm) whenever you want bacon pancakes.

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Lots of things on the roster for thanksgiving. This is the first year I won't be planning the meal myself, and instead just attending someone else's plan. Part of me thinks its awesome... part of me is a little worried over nonsense like: what if they don't bring sufficient whipped cream for the pies? What if they overcook the ham?

Anyways, I have my list of stuff to bring:
    A pickle and cheese platter - Im decking this baby out with cornichons, okra, olives, dill, spicy korean mixed pickled veggies, 2 cream cheese based dips and 2 picked cheeses from TJs.
    Egg nog and Mead
    Cranberry sauce - which I will be making with port again this year for the intense flavor
    Aaand chocolate pie - my infamous one (created by some smart soccer mom online) with tofu and guittard chocolate and a bucket of cool whip to go with it

It is going to be a crazy big thanksgiving for sure.

Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Green smoothie concentrates:
    - Mini muffin tin or silicone ice cube trays... like a few of those things.
    - A 2:1 ratio of greens to fruit.. so 2 loose handfuls of greens like spinach, romaine lettuce, and kale mixture to 1 cup of packed fruit
    - A container of something sweet.. I used a mix of orange juice, milk, and so delicious egg nog
    - If you want other shit.. like soaked chia seeds, or flax seeds, or like that cocoa powder stuff. I used coco complete since my boyfriend's had it sitting there forever, and date sugar

Basically, put the dry stuff in the blender and start it up. Slowly pour the liquid in the top until it starts to blend well on its own. Then run it for long enough so that all the chunks of stuff are cut down to bits. Pour the thick mixture into ice cube trays or muffin tins (if you use regular muffin tins you can either blend them again, or you can cut them after they're frozen into smaller pieces) and freeze solid. Then put into a zip lock baggie or container, and that's pretty much it. You just stick the pieces into water (that's why you use some other liquid at the beginning part) and shake them up when they've defrosted a bit, and drink. No loud noisy blender necessary first thing in the morning.

Green soup:
    This is very difficult soup to make. For the ingredients, go to the store, and ask yourself: Is this green? .. If the answer is yes, it probably belongs in this soup. Pick all your favorite green things! Spinach in soup, you say? Yes! What about this odd weird thing that's green called celery bulb that has some white on it too? Who cares, throw it in! What if I can't handle spicy food? One jalapeno won't break a whole thing of soup!
    There's part one: the boiling part... celery, bell pepper, zucchini, leeks, green onion, you name it.. if it's a hardier piece of something it belongs in the boiling part. Mix it with some spices of choice, veggie broth, and water. I also used already-squeezed lemons and boiled them to extract some of the lemony goodness. The spices really make the soup, so be generous and use what you like. I just used an italian blend with some salt and pepper because I always add cream and hot sauce to my finished soups so it's okay for me that they start off bland.
    Part two: The blending part. If you have other stuff like spinach, kale, cucumber, or softer green pieces, this is where they come in. As you're blending soup up, drop a handful of the softer greens into the blender and go. Keep piecing it this way. You can also drop the softer bits in for the last minute or two of boiling to let them wilt a bit as well. This will make the soup a nice, vibrant green color, and make it all nice and smooth too.
    Part three: There is no part three! Eat that shit! I did divide the soup up and freeze portions of it and stuff like that, but it's done son!