User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Ultimate banana pudding to feed a potluck/large army.

Stolen from FB, which never gives great credentials.

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen Cookies OR 2 bags Vanilla Wafers
    6 to 8 bananas, sliced
    2 cups whole milk
    * 1 (5 oz.) box instant French Vanilla pudding
    1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
    1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
    1 (12 oz.) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste

Mix the french vanilla pudding with the milk as per instructions on box. While mixing/whisking, add cream cheese, and condensed milk. Vanilla bean paste would be preferred but if you don't have it extract is fine. (Cheapest way to buy it in a store: wait for Michael's craft store to put out 40% off coupon, and use it on the paste.)

Line a 13x9 inch pan with as many layers of cookies and bananas (bananas layered thicker than cookies) as possible. If you want to get fancy, you can soak the cookies briefly in an orange or amaretto liqueur+coffee mixture before placing them down for a crazy touch to it. After that, pour the bowl of mix on top of the banana/cookie layers, tapping the pan several times to work it all the way to the bottom. Top with cookies if you have any left, and then whipped cream to totally cover it all and make it look all cake-like. If you're going fancy, sprinkle some flavored sugar on top.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Two recipes I want to try making:

- Tortilla chicken soup oatmeal
    I basically intend on making this nothing more than tortilla soup base-cooked oats with leftover chicken-and-veggies from the soup
    And toppings of avocado, lime, cilantro, onion, and salsa

- Cheeseburger Oatmeal

1/4 lb hamburger meat
    scallions, carrot, ginger, garlic mixture pureed
    ^ Add to that: 1 teaspoon each ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, dill pickle diced.. just enough to make a paste-like mixture of all of this stuff
    Shredded cheese
    1 tbsp sour cream
    BBQ spices
    Dash hot sauce
    Sprinkled in diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, cilantro, chives, onion, red bell pepper, diced avocado

Cook oatmeal in beef broth and water, cook hamburger meat, take the paste mix, stir it all together, add cheese while still hot, sprinkle toppings on top.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

How to make healthy ice cream without an ice cream maker

But you DO need a blender.

Version one: Frozen over ripe banana. Really soft but not banana-bread-quality quite yet. Just shove them in there and mix them until they become ice cream like. I usually just stick some milk in with it to let it blend better then stick it in the freezer while I eat dinner for an hour covered.

Version 2: Frozen yogurt. Just dump yogurt into a larger-than-necessary ziplock bag. You can also put in some sugar or vanilla beans or other flavorings and mush it all together in there or you can keep it straight yogurt like I do. Lay it in the freezer really flat and skinny--so that when it freezes hard it'll be like a big thin sheet. Keeping it in the bag, start folding the pieces and breaking them up so that they turn into icy yogurt chunks. Stick them in the blender and turn them into mush, then pour that mush into a bread pan or something like that (or a plastic container or something) and put some plastic wrap down against it so that it seals out most of the air (or a lid if it all fits perfectly inside without much air gap) and stick it in the freezer for an hour or two.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

This is a recipe for Sachertorte, a chocolate cake from Austria that I grew quite attached to after visiting the country last year. Tip: I read in a comments section to use couverture - a chocolate with higher fat content - to prevent the cake from getting too dry. You can buy it online or from delis.

So, the recipe:

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Cake Oatmeal:

- 1 1/2 cups water
    - 1/2 cup milk
    - 1 cup oats
    - 1 banana
    - 2 tbsp cream cheese
    - 1 pinch salt
    - 1 tsp vanilla extract
    - 1 tsp butter flavoring (extract-style)
    - 2 tbsp sugar or honey, or any mixture of the two
    If you want a fruity-sort of 'cake': add chunks of pineapple + lemon curd + some berries blended up with chia seeds. If you want a far-more vanilla cake: vanilla-infused sugar in place of regular sugar/honey, and 1 tbsp vanilla bean curd. For a lemon-chiffon cake: vanilla bean curd + lemon curd + 2 more tbsp of cream cheese + lime zest.. but for THIS recipe, we're doing funfetti, so:
    - sprinkles
    - whipped cream

Boil water and salt, add the oats, when the oats seem to be absorbing lots of liquid add the milk and cook just enough to heat the milk up as well. Chop the banana into skinny chips, and when the oatmeal is done throw the chips in and beat the shit out of it until it submits into being a crushed, mashed part of the oatmeal entirely. You can add the cream cheese in there at that time too. When it's done, add the sugar and the extracts, and stir it up more. Put into bowls, sprinkle tons of sprinkles over it, and add a dollop of whipped cream on top.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Cake Oatmeal:

- 1 1/2 cups water
    - 1/2 cup milk
    - 1 cup oats
    - 1 banana
    - 2 tbsp cream cheese
    - 1 pinch salt
    - 1 tsp vanilla extract
    - 1 tsp butter flavoring (extract-style)
    - 2 tbsp sugar or honey, or any mixture of the two
    If you want a fruity-sort of 'cake': add chunks of pineapple + lemon curd + some berries blended up with chia seeds. If you want a far-more vanilla cake: vanilla-infused sugar in place of regular sugar/honey, and 1 tbsp vanilla bean curd. For a lemon-chiffon cake: vanilla bean curd + lemon curd + 2 more tbsp of cream cheese + lime zest.. but for THIS recipe, we're doing funfetti, so:
    - sprinkles
    - whipped cream

Boil water and salt, add the oats, when the oats seem to be absorbing lots of liquid add the milk and cook just enough to heat the milk up as well. Chop the banana into skinny chips, and when the oatmeal is done throw the chips in and beat the shit out of it until it submits into being a crushed, mashed part of the oatmeal entirely. You can add the cream cheese in there at that time too. When it's done, add the sugar and the extracts, and stir it up more. Put into bowls, sprinkle tons of sprinkles over it, and add a dollop of whipped cream on top.
    That looks nice

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    That looks nice
    I enjoy it. I usually add coconut flour too because of the added fiber plus I need to use it all up lol

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Ultimate banana pudding to feed a potluck/large army.

Stolen from FB, which never gives great credentials.

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen Cookies OR 2 bags Vanilla Wafers
    6 to 8 bananas, sliced
    2 cups whole milk
    * 1 (5 oz.) box instant French Vanilla pudding
    1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
    1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
    1 (12 oz.) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste

Mix the french vanilla pudding with the milk as per instructions on box. While mixing/whisking, add cream cheese, and condensed milk. Vanilla bean paste would be preferred but if you don't have it extract is fine. (Cheapest way to buy it in a store: wait for Michael's craft store to put out 40% off coupon, and use it on the paste.)

Line a 13x9 inch pan with as many layers of cookies and bananas (bananas layered thicker than cookies) as possible. If you want to get fancy, you can soak the cookies briefly in an orange or amaretto liqueur+coffee mixture before placing them down for a crazy touch to it. After that, pour the bowl of mix on top of the banana/cookie layers, tapping the pan several times to work it all the way to the bottom. Top with cookies if you have any left, and then whipped cream to totally cover it all and make it look all cake-like. If you're going fancy, sprinkle some flavored sugar on top.
    I can vouch for this recipe. I don't like the vanilla wafers type much but this is excellent. I make it at Christmas and I found they have holiday Chessmen cookies for it even. Also use vanilla bean paste.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

- Cheeseburger Oatmeal
    Sounds like a Frank Zappa song.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I have an abundance of fresh food here lately that's pretty much free, and I'm taking advantage of it.

I got inspired by a $4/day challenge book. Those things are always such bullshit, because they require ingredients you "already have in your pantry" as if it didn't cost you $2 for that bag of flour alone. Sure the breakdown is $0.05, but you still had to shell out that $2 and the rest of that money doesn't get added in for weeks.

So, can I make a REAL $4/day thing? I have a bread maker I make use of, free farm food, salvage grocery stores, discount grocery stores, and I'll post the full prices. It also has to be decent food that can be eaten for a healthy diet... so at the end of the month, when I hit "divided by 30/31" it should show up as $4/day or less. So, at the end of the week, how is it going so far?

Starting off this week:
    Breakfast: Cereal and milk or instant oatmeal packets (The cereal was $0.98, the oatmeal was $0.98 for 6 packets, the milk was $2.87) with yogurt (Fage yogurt in the big tubs was $2.99 and vanilla bean curd was $1.25 for a jar)
    Lunch: Sandwiches (Liver mousse was $1.99, cheese was $2.89, greens mix was $2, box of bread mix was $0.98, mustard was $0.99, and sour cream was $0.99) with coleslaw (Dressing was $2.99, cabbage was $0.50 a head, zucchini was free, cherry tomatoes were free, greens were also in the sandwiches, onion was $0.35, vinegar was $0.99), and soup (which isn't free technically, but I made them last month..)
    Dinner: Jambalaya recipe which I'm going to call $5 total for the meat, rice, spices, and vegetables needed, some previously frozen things I've made, and some quick meals are going to go here because I need to make room for more stuff in that freezer.
    Snacks: We got some beef sticks today for $0.25 each ($1.00 total), and hummus and chips ($3.99 total), and an apple pie and vanilla ice cream we got for free from a party are all available..

Total so far?: $4.81 a day... I guess if you're saying $4-ish a day, it counts technically, but I'm also relying on a lot of previously owned stuff and free food. So.. I'm calling bullshit on it.