User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Raw cookie dough bites:

1 cup raw nuts (I used almonds, the recipe originally said cashews)
    1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    3 tbsp maple syrup
    1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
    1/4 - 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Basically put the nuts and oats and dry spices in a miller/grinder and turn it into powdery flour.
    Then add the liquids and process it (I used the miller again and then used my hands for the rest) until it's dough-like.
    Throw in the chocolate chips and knead with your hands just to incorporate them.

Pinch them off into small bite-sized pieces and put them on a plate. Throw them in the fridge for a little while just to harden them up, and that's it. All done. They're super yummy, taste just like cookie dough, and it's basically just grains and fat and sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Juices and recipes I want to try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBei08plIao

Raw sushi. Just a way to eat sushi + eat vegetables. I want to try it and see how good it tastes.

"Sushi Rice":
    6 cups roughly chopped jicama
    ½ cup almonds
    1/4 cup rice vinegar
    3 Tablespoons agave
    1 Tablespoon salt

Basically process nuts and jicama into shreds, press dry with towels, and add other ingredients.

Fill with whatever you want, and roll it up with a sushi roller. You could also use a cheap sushi mold and lay raw sashimi on it I suppose. I think it'd be harder to eat like that though. Who knows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cold brewed decaf coffee:
    - 4 1/2 oz (1 3/4 cups) coffee grounds
    - 3 1/2 cups cold water

Put together, let sit for 12-24 hours, strain with a mesh and coffee filter. This makes a concentrate, so you dilute it with water or milk 1:1 ratio and add sweeteners to taste.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pink Juice: I tried this in a bottle, and it was absolutely incredible. I didn't know I could like beets that much.

- 5-6 apples
    - juice of 1 lemon
    - 1 head of kale
    - 2 beets with the leaves

Juice them in a juicer pretty much.

Same with this one:

5-6 Honeycrisp Apples
    1-2 Large Beets with Tops
    Thumb of Ginger
    Half of One Sweet Potato

I'm curious to see if the pulp of sweet juices like this would make decent pies and raw cakes, and if the pulp of veggie juices could be used to make fresh salsas and salad dressings.. I'm sure it would work..

http://my40dayjuicefast.blogspot.com/ This girl's blog has a lot of awesome juice recipes to try, but I sort of want to go through the fullyraw ones first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An experiment of my own. I eat these "Just Great Stuff" bars all the time because they have a bunch of freeze-dried vegetable pulps sandwiched between dark chocolate, and it just tastes really good and its perfect for school.

I'm thinking when I get a juicer of my own.. I could take those same pulps, keep them in a deep freezer for like a week to dry them all out to hell, then crush them up and cover them in chocolate. I don't know if it'll work that way, and it might be a massive pain in the D, but we'll see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Refrigerator pickles

- A little less than 1 tbsp pickling salt
    - A clove of garlic
    - 10 peppercorns
    - 5 juniper berries
    - A pinch of red pepper flakes
    - a few pinches of dill
    - 1 to 1 ratio of vinegar and water
    - Cucumbers sliced up

So I just sliced up a cucumber into pickle spears, put the salts and seasonings in the jar, and packed the jar tight with cucumbers to keep them from floating to the surface. (My first jar they floated, but I just turned them upside down for one day, and right side up the next day.) I warmed up the vinegar water until it had some bubbles at the bottom of the pan but wasn't boiling, and I poured it over the cucumbers, and tapped on the jar to get air bubbles out and let it cool off. I give the jar a good shake to dissolve the pickling salt, then I put it in the fridge for 2-3 days, and the pickles come out pretty amazing and crunchy for a lot less money than those Claussen brand pickles with a similar lovely taste. A higher quality of ingredients would produce a better product, but these cheap ones are doing fine right now for me.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Fridge Jam:

- 1 + 1/3 cup strawberries / other fruit
    - 2/3 cup rhubarb / another fruit
    - 2 T honey or maple syrup
    - 2 T chia seed

Blend in a blender, put in the fridge.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Just tried that jelly. It's literally better than anything ever.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I had a delicious blood orange ice tea the other day. I don't know if they used some sort of artificial flavoring or real blood oranges, but try making one if you get the chance.
    "Do not attempt to count the number of moles on Morgan Freeman's face; it'll just frustrate you and distract from the film." me

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I experimented with a cauliflower dairy-free pudding.. That stuff was awful. Not only that, it wasn't any better for you net-calorie wise than regular pudding. What a rip off!

However, banana bread came out amazing, and tastes great with greek yogurt and fridge jelly on top. Yum!

Time for some carbs and protein now! I'm ready for them. Some rice casserole with leftover meats, vegetables, and some cream of mushroom soup. Yes sir!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

No-Mayo Coleslaw Recipe | Fresh Tastes Blog | PBS Food

Ingredients
    1/4 small red cabbage
    1/2 small green cabbage
    1/2 carrot, shredded
    zest of 1/2 lemon
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1 tablespoon honey
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    Directions
    Remove any tough outer leaves from the cabbage.
    Trim the core and any tough stems from the cabbage and thinly slice.
    Add to a bowl with the shredded carrot, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and black pepper. Toss to combine.
    Serve this right away for more of a salad, or store it in the fridge overnight for a slaw that’s more pickled.

I modified this slightly by 1. using bagged shredded cabbage + fiesta broccoli slaw blends, 2. Adding a bit of fid balsamic vinegar and more honey than the recipe calls for, and 3. Adding a salad supreme spice and a couple dollops of light sour cream. It came out very rich and flavorful, it'd make for a fantastic burger topping too if you have those cheap store-bought burgers.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I thought I lost this recipe.. and I was going to go bananas. So I am re-labeling it for the search function.

Fried Chicken Mix Seasoning with tarragon, buttermilk, and bisquick

The mix:
    3 cups of Pancake mix (I use Bisquick)
    2 envelopes Tomato soup mix (if you can't find it, and sometimes I can't, using the knorr tomato/chicken bouillon powder works just as good)
    2 envelopes Italian dressing mix
    1 tbsp Paprika
    2 tsp Dried chervil
    1 tsp Seasoned salt
    1 tsp Instant chicken bouillon powder (Add an extra tablespoon of the bouillon above if using that.)
    1 tsp Dried parsley
    1 tsp Tarragon
    1/2 tsp Sage
    1/4 tsp Pepper

Grind it all up together, soak your chicken in buttermilk a few hours, coat it in this stuff, and it is AMAZING fried anything.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Super Hydrating, cheaper-than-coconut-water fake Gatorade/Juice for kids --

- 2 Qt container
    - Hibiscus flowers (mostly for color) + 4 tea bags of a decaffeinated tea that won't dry your mouth out (no green tea) that have a fruity flavor or a sweet flavor to it (A cheaper version: use a package of kool-aid)
    - 1 packages of pineapple coco-hydro dried coconut water (provides the potassium) (a cheaper version: use lite salt at 1/8th tsp)
    - 1/2 cup of sugar or sweetener of choice (Anything goes here, this is a taste preference + glucose energy thing. You can replace this with sweet fruit juices too if you want. Coconut sugar doesn't really mix well into these things and over powers the flavors, so I'd avoid that one. Honey can overpower the tea too.)
    - 1/4th tsp sea salt (for more sodium to be more gatorade-like. You can leave this out if you're on a salt restricted diet or if you just don't need extra sodium in your diet)

Boil about 6 cups of water and deeply steep the hibiscus flowers and tea bags to get a really strong flavor and color out of them. Let them cool entirely and steep as long as desired really.

Mix the dry/powdered ingredients in about 1 Qt of hot but not necessarily boiling water until dissolved, and put into the 2 Qt container. (I used an old juice bottle that was washed out.) When the tea is done, add it, and keep adding water until the 2 qt container is full.

Use like gatorade, or give it out like juice to kids knowing it's at least a little healthier than juice boxes. The red/pink color fools my nephews all the time, and the fruity tea and sweetener is passable apparently, they ask for it.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Low calorie cupcakes that are super easy to make:

- Cake mix -- 1 box's worth (angel food cake mix will have a lower calorie count than other types)
    - Soda -- 1 1/2 cup. Zero-calorie sodas if you're not the picky type.. if you are, a higher calorie soda is fine.

Mix the two together until they stop foaming so much. When they're smooth, put them in as cupcakes, and bake them at 350 degrees for about 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Some light whipped topping would still put these around 100 calories a piece.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Bust open the yola, then you throw it in the pot
    Mix that soda with that water, make that motherfucker lock
    Chop it up and bag it, then ya flood the whole block
    With that candy, cha-cha, white lobster, ready rock!