• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you a hoarder or a minimalist?

Hoarder or Minimalist?

• Total voters

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I only hoard potentially useful things. Which is pretty much everything. You should see the back two rooms of the house, or open any drawer.

My dad was an even bigger hoarder than me. He used to keep bits of wood and plastic, because he had plans for them down the road. I used to be worse, but have disciplined myself to throw away small portions of my valuable, interesting, and potentially useful junk collection.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Minimalist, I have no emotional attachment to objects and only keep the ones that have some use to me. Even as a boy I used to go through periodic purges of belongings. My parents kept my school yearbooks because I said I was going to throw them away lol.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Minimalist. I do keep that in check though. I like no..have to be organized but I am fine with some kid stuff around and don't get anal about a bit of mess/clutter. Just not for too long and not too much. I think it comes from having been married to a hoarder. I tried watching the show but it made me think of my ex-MIL and I had to turn it off.

Nyx

I usually hoard useless scraps of little pieces of life, books, broken objects and all that forgotten stuff most people throw away instead of leaving on the floor/table/bed. I also have a habit of taking interesting found objects and putting in random drawers/ surfaces. Then after several months, usually seasonal (and caffeine driven), I get trash bags, and throw everything out. Then possibly rearrange the furniture. Then the hoarding begins again. Cyclical hoarding.

Martin997

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
minimalist: i have the clothes on my back, head full of ideas and a pocketful of change and im living the dream.

Ozz

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hoarder. I am coping by keeping new things from entering my room.

ygolo

My termites win
I am a hoarder, epecially when i comes to books. But I horad everthing. I still have 10 y.o. computers that I rarely use around...and have clothes that I had 16 years ago still around (but I still wear them).

Nyx

I am a hoarder, epecially when i comes to books. But I horad everthing. I still have 10 y.o. computers that I rarely use around...and have clothes that I had 16 years ago still around (but I still wear them).

I hoard books too. I have no space for them and they're stacked in piles lining the walls. I found this one at a train station!

51EC4HGXY7L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...I also have a habit of taking interesting found objects and putting in random drawers/ surfaces. Then after several months, usually seasonal (and caffeine driven), I get trash bags, and throw everything out. Then possibly rearrange the furniture. Then the hoarding begins again. Cyclical hoarding.

I do this too! :doh:
Why the hell can't we not do it again once it's all cleaned up? :BangHead:
There is no hope! :shock:

wolfy

awsm
I'm a minimalist. If in doubt, throw it out. Too much stuff weighs you down, I do like my stuff though...just not too much.

I like empty space.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I hoard things. But when it gets bad I throw things out. :D

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a hoarder and it seems to be getting worse as I get older. I have at least caught myself buying things in multiples, and realized I needed to stop that immediately. But I don't ever seem to be able to get it all under control. One room at a time might be neat and that's it.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm a minimalist in general, but a hoarder when it comes to books.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems there is always something around that I want to get rid of. It is sad to be a minimalist constrained by others. :boohoo:

lane777

nevermore
Minimalist to the extreme... while my roommate's a hoarder :steam:

But sometimes he let's me organize his shit :D

It seems there is always something around that I want to get rid of. It is sad to be a minimalist constrained by others. :boohoo:

I've been there before... over time, it doesn't get easier :violin:

R

Riva

minimalist

i am such a minimalist i even get rid of my sister's things which totally piss her off.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP

I don't have 16 year old clothes, but I do have little drawers filled with electronic parts that I de-soldered from old junk.

... You never know when you'll need a capacitor.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am a hoarder out of laziness. I would like to be a minimalist. Actually I would like to have a manny.