User Tag List

View Poll Results: Hoarder or Minimalist?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hoarder

28 45.16%
  • Minimalist

34 54.84%
First 12345 Last

Minimalist. Out with the old, in with the new, with love.

MBTI
    INTP

I only hoard potentially useful things. Which is pretty much everything. You should see the back two rooms of the house, or open any drawer.

My dad was an even bigger hoarder than me. He used to keep bits of wood and plastic, because he had plans for them down the road. I used to be worse, but have disciplined myself to throw away small portions of my valuable, interesting, and potentially useful junk collection.

MBTI
    INTP

Minimalist, I have no emotional attachment to objects and only keep the ones that have some use to me. Even as a boy I used to go through periodic purges of belongings. My parents kept my school yearbooks because I said I was going to throw them away lol.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Minimalist. I do keep that in check though. I like no..have to be organized but I am fine with some kid stuff around and don't get anal about a bit of mess/clutter. Just not for too long and not too much. I think it comes from having been married to a hoarder. I tried watching the show but it made me think of my ex-MIL and I had to turn it off.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISTx

Definitely a minimalist.

I usually hoard useless scraps of little pieces of life, books, broken objects and all that forgotten stuff most people throw away instead of leaving on the floor/table/bed. I also have a habit of taking interesting found objects and putting in random drawers/ surfaces. Then after several months, usually seasonal (and caffeine driven), I get trash bags, and throw everything out. Then possibly rearrange the furniture. Then the hoarding begins again. Cyclical hoarding.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

minimalist: i have the clothes on my back, head full of ideas and a pocketful of change and im living the dream.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Hoarder. I am coping by keeping new things from entering my room.

I am a hoarder, epecially when i comes to books. But I horad everthing. I still have 10 y.o. computers that I rarely use around...and have clothes that I had 16 years ago still around (but I still wear them).

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I am a hoarder, epecially when i comes to books. But I horad everthing. I still have 10 y.o. computers that I rarely use around...and have clothes that I had 16 years ago still around (but I still wear them).
    I hoard books too. I have no space for them and they're stacked in piles lining the walls. I found this one at a train station!