User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Vacuuming

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default Vacuuming

This is the sister thread to my dusting thread.

Currently my vacuum sucks! (not literally, unfortunately). The suction is terrible. Actually, the suction is good coming from the hose, but it's really bad coming from the part that rolls on the floor, which causes me to have to vacuum the whole floor on my hands and knees using the hose. Vacuum FAIL!

So, I need a new vacuum that has good suction coming from the part that rolls on the floor. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

The Eureka Boss is great.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    infp

My henry hoover used to work wonders, until the bags ran out, then I forgot to buy new bags, hoovered without the bags, and ruined the hoover.

I want to try a dyson next.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sweepers and I don't get along. Seriously.
    Their stupid, overly long, yet always too short wires, their obnoxious noise, their big bulky builds, and their unconventional shapes that can't reach anything but the very center of the floor...

Over the years I've had many, many different types of vacuums. All of which have shared equal amounts of my dislike. But finally, I've found my godsend; the Eureka Quick-Up Cordless. It's cordless, it's super lightweight, and is quite sucky. :] The shape is slender and can easily fit into corners. And the battery lasts quite long.
    It also does a really nice job with pet hair; better than several vacuums Iíve had that were dedicated to pet hair.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I replaced a vacuum recently. Picked up a DirtDevil Featherlite "Bagged" at Target
    for only $44 bucks.

It weights only twelve pounds, and truly sucks! Works noticibly better than the
    expensive one I'd replaced.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Bissell Powerforce (not the bagless one). Maybe $45. I've had it for a few years and it's been great. I usually kill vacuums in a year or two but this one has been amazing. No issues at all.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I'm looking them all up.

Question: Do bagless vacuums not have as good suction as the bag ones?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I'm looking them all up.

Question: Do bagless vacuums not have as good suction as the bag ones?
    I'm going to say yes on this. I had a Dirt Devil, rather expensive that was bagless. Aside from being a total pain in the ass mess to empty, I found it did not do a good job, especially when using the hose.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I'm going to say yes on this. I had a Dirt Devil, rather expensive that was bagless. Aside from being a total pain in the ass mess to empty, I found it did not do a good job, especially when using the hose.
    I've also found that to be true. Initially suction is good, but as the Hepa
    filter fills with small particles performance decreases...until it's time to
    replace the expensive filter.

***Also suggest that people shouldn't use the carpet freshener sprinkle stuff for bagged or bagless vacs. It decreases performance for both types for
    the reasons stated above.

It's more difficult to find bagged models now. I definately prefer them, in that
    I don't have to deal with a mess or release particles into the air as you do
    when going bagless.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My husband got me a Eureka Boss for my birthday this year (at my request- dudes, I don't recommend buying your wife a vacuum for her birthday unless she asks for it) and it has great suction so far. I prefer a bagged vacuum for the same reasons sLiPpY mentioned. I would make an exception for a Dyson, but they are like $400.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii