User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Vacuuming

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    My husband got me a Eureka Boss for my birthday this year (at my request- dudes, I don't recommend buying your wife a vacuum for her birthday unless she asks for it) and it has great suction so far. I prefer a bagged vacuum for the same reasons sLiPpY mentioned. I would make an exception for a Dyson, but they are like $400.
    Good point, my grandfather made that mistake once...bought her a vacuum for her birthday.

Last time we saw granddad he was fleeing from a broom.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

If you can afford it: Dyson.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

So I'm realizing that the whole point of bagless vacuums was to get rid of the headache of having to change a bag.... but with the bagless ones, they've just replaced the headache of changing a bag with the headache of changing a filter.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    So I'm realizing that the whole point of bagless vacuums was to get rid of the headache of having to change a bag.... but with the bagless ones, they've just replaced the headache of changing a bag with the headache of changing a filter.
    I agree, and when there is no bag there is ALWAYS that little bit of dust/dirt that escapes whilst changing the filter. :steam: It seems the only solution is to stay with the bags.

I need to get a vacuum... I have not vacuumed since I moved here in August and even though it does not look too bad, it is bothering my SJ conscience.

Can you get a Dirt Devil or an Oreck?
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    I agree, and when there is no bag there is ALWAYS that little bit of dust/dirt that escapes whilst changing the filter. :steam: It seems the only solution is to stay with the bags.

I need to get a vacuum... I have not vacuumed since I moved here in August and even though it does not look too bad, it is bothering my SJ conscience.

Can you get a Dirt Devil or an Oreck?
    I definitely prefer a small one not the full-sized ones.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I got a Kenmore about 8 years ago that I LOVED. I loaned it to my step-dad and he broke it and never returned it. Now the ones I've seen all require a screwdriver to change the belt.

I still haven't found one I like as well.

Sorry. That was a rant rather than a suggestion, but I feel your pain.

Edit: Do have suggestion, I guess. As a stopgap measure, I purchased a Dirt Devil Express. It is very small and light weight and picks up fairly well. It is bagless, so you have that hassle and it isn't adequate for a large family with extra hairy dogs, but it would probably work okay for a smaller, less doggy household. And it's pretty cheap. Oh, also, it does not have an upholstery tool.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

All rants and suggestions are welcome! Now I don't feel so alone.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Actually, vacuums are unique in that you get frustrated when they DON'T suck enough.

See, a good vacuum sucks, a bad vacuum doesn't suck. Opposite of everything else.

I've heard a LOT of good things about Kirby vacuums. I've seen them, they're very well constructed.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    If you can afford it: Dyson.
    It's true; they are great vacuums. My parents have one. My roommate has a really good Dirt Devil vacuum, though. Bagless. I like bagless. They're easy to deal with.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    yupp

I have a nice eureka that i got on clearance for a lot less then it's worth, I now know why the bags are next to impossible to find but it works great and uses bags with hepa filters which is good if you have allergies.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so