• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dust and dusting.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think everyone can agree that dust sucks. I hate dusting but it must be done or the dust just builds up. Is there any way to limit dust from forming? I don't have an air filter in my place. Will that help?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
And to think you disagreed when I suggested the Swiffer duster with extended handle as a gift for ISFJs. ;)

What did you THINK it was for? Actually, it would probably be a good gift for anyone who doesn't have one, not just ISFJs.

Anyway... I've heard that HEPA filters can help quite a bit with airborne particles, so it would likely minimize dust. I'm not sure if it would eliminate the problem entirely, though. That may not happen until we invent dust-repellent furniture and paper.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I hate dusting so much that I avoid doing until I can write fine poetry on it lol it's one of those jobs that is just far too repetitive to care enough about.

It's there, it sucks, but who cares? :p

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
It's there, it sucks, but who cares? :p

This.

Sorry Giggly, I guess that doesn't help much, does it? My guess is that the air filter is probably your best bet, but there's not a lot you can do about it - even an air filter isn't going to be strong enough to "suck the dust up" once it gets onto a surface. Hrmm... closing your windows and changing your furnace/AC filter frequently might help too.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And to think you disagreed when I suggested the Swiffer duster with extended handle as a gift for ISFJs. ;)

What did you THINK it was for? Actually, it would probably be a good gift for anyone who doesn't have one, not just ISFJs.

But I don't want cleaning supplies as a gift! :steam:

This.

Sorry Giggly, I guess that doesn't help much, does it? My guess is that the air filter is probably your best bet, but there's not a lot you can do about it - even an air filter isn't going to be strong enough to "suck the dust up" once it gets onto a surface. Hrmm... closing your windows and changing your furnace/AC filter frequently might help too.

Yeah, I know I shouldn't care, and I truly hate dusting, but I start sneezing if there's too much of it around. And, it kinda looks dirty to me.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Changing the filters monthly will help. Having the ducts cleaned help immeasurably too but that's kind of expensive. I like microfiber dust clothes. I also clean the ceiling fans often and use the canned air in the little nooks.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
But I don't want cleaning supplies as a gift! :steam:

Okay, okay, I guess I wouldn't want cleaning supplies as a gift, either. I prefer getting interesting stuff to practical stuff. I was always disappointed to get socks for Christmas. I mean, come on, you could get socks any time of the year. :(

I sort of assumed SJs were generally the other way around (because they're so practical), but I guess not.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dusting? nah, just walk through the house with a leaf blower every once in a while.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Go cheerleading around the house with pompoms.