• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Easy Recipes

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
This is mainly an attempt to get as many ideas as possible for foods that can be made by just throwing ingredients on a a pot/pan/baking sheet, and heating and stirring. (Or some combination of the above.).

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I just burned some Lemon Coconut cookies that I was looking forward to eating. This thread makes me mourn their incinerated demise even more. :cry:

Nonpareil

MBTI Type
INTJ
I just burned some Lemon Coconut cookies that I was looking forward to eating. This thread makes me mourn their incinerated demise even more. :cry:

I know how you feel, I tried making rice from a pot over the stove once and burnt it. I cried. I'm chinese and my family only uses a rice cooker to make rice, I never learned to do it any other way...

Another time, I tried making Banana Bread, apparently I didn't put enough butter in when buttering the tray and I couldn't get the bread out. When I turned it upside down to try to get it out of the tray, it fell into a million pieces! I cried again....I really needed my dessert! :(

Edit: I'll post my Banana loaf recipe when I get home....hopefully you won't ruin it like me!

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i always make chili, which is pretty simple to make. You just buy a pound of hamburger meat, a package of chili seasoning, 2 8oz cans of tomato sauce and a can of chili beans. After you brown the hamburger meat, you just throw it all in a pan, heat it up and its ready to go.

tacos are also easy. Just hamburger meat, taco seasoning and some taco shells or tortillas and some shredded cheese and you are good to go. I always add a can of ranch style beans to the hamburger meat and taco seasoning, it makes a little bit more food and it tastes good!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some cornbread muffins (maybe more like biscuits?) that I like to make sometimes:

Preheat oven to 425F and get a muffin tray ready for about 12 muffins
Stir this until just combined and then stop mixing right away:

1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
4 tsp. baking powder
4 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs, plus 1 egg white, lightly beaten
1/4 cup melted butter or oil

I substitute 1 cup milk + 1 T lemon juice for the buttermilk, since I never have that, and also add 1 tsp vanilla and/or some cinnamon and honey, and use packed brown sugar instead of white, because I like them a bit sweet. The original recipe may even taste better, I have no clue.

Scoop equally into the 12 muffin cups and bake 15-20 min, until the tops are golden.

I love this recipe cause it takes like 5 minutes, plus baking time. I like them hot with some butter and maple syrup or honey on them.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
i always make chili, which is pretty simple to make. You just buy a pound of hamburger meat, a package of chili seasoning, 2 8oz cans of tomato sauce and a can of chili beans. After you brown the hamburger meat, you just throw it all in a pan, heat it up and its ready to go.

tacos are also easy. Just hamburger meat, taco seasoning and some taco shells or tortillas and some shredded cheese and you are good to go. I always add a can of ranch style beans to the hamburger meat and taco seasoning, it makes a little bit more food and it tastes good!

These are the two foods I used to mostly make, actually. (I no longer make chili, since it's very easy to eat too much, but still eat a lot of tacos.)

If it helps, currently I mostly eat Tacos, soups, rice with stuff in it, plain beef and chicken, and I might make more salads i the future.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
umm... how easy do you mean by easy? I know some things that are my default 15 minute dishes, delicious, but I know people who wouldn't really consider them easy to make!

Usehername

On a mission
1. take a slice of bread
2. use a cup to make a hole in the middle of it
3. put on frying pan; crack egg in hole
4. cook egg inside the hole in your bread
5. eat

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I know how you feel, I tried making rice from a pot over the stove once and burnt it. I cried. I'm chinese and my family only uses a rice cooker to make rice, I never learned to do it any other way...

Another time, I tried making Banana Bread, apparently I didn't put enough butter in when buttering the tray and I couldn't get the bread out. When I turned it upside down to try to get it out of the tray, it fell into a million pieces! I cried again....I really needed my dessert! :(

Edit: I'll post my Banana loaf recipe when I get home....hopefully you won't ruin it like me!

The problem with the lemon coconut cookies was they were too dry. I guess I needed more eggs and I put in too much flour. Now I have extra dough sitting in my fridge I don't want to throw away. My mouth and tummy was so ready for those cookies.

I've perfected my banana bread so well that I don't even need the recipe and I've mutated to my tastes. I throw in cranberries to make it more fun. This the Banana Loaf recipe I use. It's from Nigella Lawson's How to Be a Domestic Goddess.

Анка

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
this is a favorite of mine.

Simply Recipes: Heirloom Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad Recipe

Heirloom Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad Recipe

Heirloom tomatoes, sliced
Fresh basil, leaves carefully chopped as not to bruise
Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
Extra virgin olive oil
Balsamic wine vinegar
Salt and pepper

tomato-mozarella-salad.jpg

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
if you're a big fan of chinese food the easiest recipe that I'd suggest would be chicken and sugar snap peas in black bean sauce!

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup of frozen sugar snap peas
4 tbsp black bean paste (available in the ethnic aisle in most grocieries)
1 tsp corn starch
1/2 cup of water

throw chicken in a saucepan- cover with water and boil until done- about 15 min or so
cut chicken into strips after it's cool enough to work with
add chicken and sugar snap peas into the pan
mix bean paste, water and cornstarch in a small bowl with a fork or whisk until well mixed
add to the pan and cook until the peas are done
serve over rice which you hopefully haven't burned! :)

better and cheaper than ordering takeout!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
one english muffin
sausage patty (I prefer spicy/hot over mild)
hard boiled egg
shredded cheese (preferably cheddar or pepper jack)
cream cheese
ketchup
hot sauce (preferably lousianna, but what ever you like)

1.Toast English muffin lightly in toaster (I use thomas's, but you probably could use a bagel)
2.Fry sausage
3. Slice a piece of the egg, prefferably from the middle eat or use the rest on a salad for later or whatever.
4. Spread creamcheese on half of the muffin put on sauage followed by egg then cheese. Put under broiler just enough to melt the cheese, and reheat muffin
5. take other half of muffin and squirt ketchup and hot sauce on it. spread it around.
6. Put lid on eat

If you don't like spicy food you can leave off the hotsauce and use mild sausage. You can do this however you want, this is how I created it orginally

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Similar to this but a bit simpler:

-fry 1-2 eggs
-make toast/english muffin/bagel etc
-fry sausage, or thick slice of ham, or use cold sliced ham, or nothing
-slice some cheese, or use the fake sliced stuff if you want
-cover liberally in pepper/salt if desired
-add tomatoes/onions/lettuce etc if desired (I like to add spinach if I have it)
-assemble into sandwich form

I make this probably a couple times a week cause it's super fast, cheap, and delicious. And reasonably healthy.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
that sounds good. but I mean you can boil the egg a head of time and fry sausage as well just re heat it. and you could use slice cheese I just never have any.

oo this is a simple one

pasta cooked and drained

Pesto:
basil (fresh)
pine nuts
garlic
olive oil
parmasean (not kraft)
I like to toast the pine nuts slightly but you don't have to put basil pine nuts and garlic and cheese in food proccessor taste adjust as needed. slowly ad olive oil till you reach desired consistancy.

You can also buy this already made. but I find it simple enough to make from scratch. I never measure I'm good at eyeballing.

Alfredo
a cup of heavy cream
1/4 cup butter
garlic
parmasean (not kraft) or something similar.

melt butter add cream and let simmer for roughly five minutes add cheese and crushed garlic

shrimp and prawns sauted

put everything in large bowl toss with pasta and serve feel free to add different vegetables I sometimes add spinach and mushrooms.

now this one I made pesto using lemon and parsley and garlic. and it's completly vegetarian

Put into a food proccessor.
A bunch of Parsley
about a half a lemon completely peeled (I did use the juice of the second lemon)
3 clove garlic more or less depended on how garlic you like (I used roughly 4, it was fairly garlicy)

blend, taste adjust accordingly

paramesean cheese as much or as little as you like blend again taste

while food proccessor is on slowly add olive oil, when you reach the consistancy you like turn off and set aside. You can also stop the food proccesor every now and then to check, and if you get it too thin add more parsley.

I didn't measure formally so use your judgement

Slice/chop fresh mushrooms depending on how you like them put frying pan on stove with minimum amount of olive oil. The pesto already has alot of oil you just don't want the mushroom's to stick.

While that's cooking. chop tomatoes in half for the last minute or so of cooking the mushrooms throw them in to heat them up a bit.

Somewhere between the pesto, mushrooms, tomatoes make the pasta. It's going to depend on whether you're using fresh pasta which takes less time, (about 2 minutes too cook) or boxed (6-10 minutes) when pasta is done drain put in bowl, pour pesto sauce add tomatos and mushrooms add goat cheese (I used to crumbles) toss and serve.

Serve with salad and bread. If you want you could even make a nice steak to go with it.

I didn' put measurements because it's one of those dishes that depends on personal taste, and you know you're own taste better then me. I also don't remember how much of what I used except it was good. The key is tasting frequently.

I tend to love to cook and be creative in the kitchen.. The second pasta dish I created for my mom for mother's day. I also post this on another message board. glad I did cuz I could not remember exactly what I did. BTW my mom made home made pasta for this as it was a special occasion. Just didn't get around to making it until my brother birthday (June 14)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alfredo
a cup of heavy cream
1/4 cup butter
garlic
parmasean (not kraft) or something similar.
I'm going to try that, I love alfredo sauce and I've never gotten around to experimenting/looking up a recipe for it before, for some reason.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I miss cooking, but I have no one to cook for. My mom use to have me make dinner occasionally. I really don't like cooking for myself, I like the food I make I just don't want to cook for myself I like making something with someone else in mind.

Bethy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Easy Marinara sauce: 1 or 2 cans tomato puree, a few cloves of fresh garlic, chopped or crushed (you can use garlic powder if you must, but it's not as good), and olive oil (enough to coat the bottom of a pot).

Heat up the olive oil in a pot, then stir in the garlic. Add the tomato puree and let simmer for about 40 minutes.

You can throw in some Italian sausages, too, but if you do, cook for at least two hours, to make sure they're fully cooked.