• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Easy Recipes

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Homemade dumplings/popstickers

So I wanted to try my hand at making dumplings. It was, surprisingly easy. And for the price I paid for the ingredients, a lot cheaper than buying it.

Physical items:
A place to steam the dumplings.
A roller (for the dough)
A flat surface to roll the dough.
A circle dough cutter (optional)
A stand that can withstand boiling water.

Ingredients:
Wheat Flour
1 egg
Ground Pork (one pound can make.... 50+.....yeah be a bit frugal)
Scallions
Ginger
Garlic
Onion
Shrimp (preferably skin and stuff already out.)

Spices:
Salt
Pepper

Preparations:
1: defrost the ground pork
2: deskin the Shrimps (if there is any on them.)
3: chop the scallions, ginger, garlic, and onion. No need to be exact.
4: Mix the vegetables, shrimp, and ground pork together in a large pan
5: add a little bit of salt and pepper and mix again.

Making the flour and dumplings:
1: Mix the wheat flour with some water, add the egg to the flour while mixing.
2: Take a small chunk (a small rock size) of the dough and flatten to something as close to a circle. Or, if you have a circle cookie cutter, just flatten the whole entire dough.
3: Place a small spoon full of pork mix in the center.
4: Mince the edges of the dough together (to make it look like a popsticker.... doesn't need to look nice... I mean, you aren't selling it to people... you are just making it for you to eat.)
5: Continue until all dough/pork is used, or if you end up getting tired of making them. (the amount of ingredients I made was too much for even 50......lol.)

Steaming:
1: Get a pan tall enough so that you can boil some water.
2: Get a stand and place it at the bottom with the boiling water.
3: If you have any utensils specific for steaming, use it, other, use a plate that can be placed inside.
4: Put a little bit (not too much) oil on the plate
5: Once water starts boiling, place ~10 dumplings inside
6: Cover the pan and wait 10-20 minutes
7: Ready to eat with(red vinegar, soy sauce, soy sauce + red chili pepper sauce, or up to your tastes) or without condiments.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
last night I ended up make a brat

1/2 an onion (sliced)
1 tbs butter
1 brat (I used a beer brat)
1 small can of coke or beer or dr.pepper (I used coke cuz that's what I had tbh dr.pepper is my favorite to use)
salt and pepper
one cubano roll or hoagie or kaiser (I used a cubano cuz it was the perfect size for the size of sausage I bought)
creole mustard (you want a spicey grainy mustard)

in a frying pan melt the add the onion and cook til slightly browned. turn to medium low add the brat and the liquid (you want about an in of liquid) simmer for 10-15 minutes split the roll place the sausage add the mustard and eat.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Blondies (white chocolate brownies) from Gordon Ramsay's "Home Cooking" ; makes 16 smaller squares

2 sticks butter, plus extra for greasing
1 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
Pinch of sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
8 ounces white chocolate, chopped into small chunks
1/4 cup dried cranberries

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly butter a 9 inch square cake pan and line with wax paper,
allowing wax paper to come up the sides 1 inch

2. Melt butter in saucepan and whisk in brown sugar and salt. Add vanilla extract and whisk again. Let cool.

3. Add eggs to the butter mixture and stir well. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder into a large bowl.
Whisk in the egg and butter mixture a little at a time (so you don't get lumps).

4. Fold in the chocolate chunks and the cranberries.

5. Spoon into cake pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the edges are firm and the middle is a little soft.

6. Let cool for at least 10 minutes, then cut into squares.

Chthonic

Paleo Burger

I used to be addicted to Macca's, until I figured out what I was really addicted to was the pickles. No point eating all that junk just to get a pickle hit. So I created my own grain-free burger for the purposes of enjoying pickles. Strictly speaking this isn't real paleo because I don't think pickles are paleolithic and it also includes cheese. But hey it's paleo enough for me.

Pattie

3 parts (by volume) ground beef (grass fed Angus if you can get it)
1 part grated raw zucchini (courgette)
1 part grated pumpkin
1 beaten egg (per kg of mix)
Seasoning - garlic, spring onion (scallions), salt, finely grated parmesan cheese, fresh rosemary, sage. I load my burgers up with seasoning because I find ground beef pretty bland, but hey season to taste.

Combine all ingredients, it will be fairly soft and sticky. Divide into 180gm portions. No need to add breadcrumbs or flour, as long as you cook on medium heat it won't fall apart or stick to the pan. Very nice if it's cooked in real butter. Feel free to adorn as per your usual taste, avocado, tomato salsa and jalapeno's aren't bad. I wrap my burger in fresh cos lettuce leaves to eat. Suit yourself.

santoku

If you have a thermostatic deep fryer, here's one of my favorites:

Get some thawed pork chops, bread flour, creole or cajun seasoning, and buttermilk. Sprinkle both sides of the chops with the seasoning and then dredge the pork chops in the buttermilk and then the flour. Let them sit in the fridge for an hour or so. Heat the oil to 350 and drop one in. It only takes about three to four minutes.

I like to brine the chops for 2 hours before going through this process, but that's a bit more complex.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
brown hamburger in soy sauce

add white rice

(green onion and garlic if fancy)

santoku

You lost me on the first line.... :(

Ha! I just mean a deep fryer that lets you precisely control the temperature of the oil. I've tried deep frying in a pan on my stove with a thermometer in it and it's way too hard to manage that way.