User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Easy Recipes

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    thats the idea, prplchknz+vowels =purplechickenz-z=purplechicken+s=purplechickens
    Wow, I read it as 'people checkers'...

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Wow, I read it as 'people checkers'...
    I actually like that better. Hmm too stalkery perhaps?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Baked Salsa Chicken Recipe
    Ingredients:
    4 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
    1 jar Salsa, your favorite brand
    1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
    2 tablespoons sour cream

Directions:

Place chicken in a 8x8 baking dish. Cover with salsa. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.

Top with cheese and broil during last 5 minutes of baking time to brown cheese.

Garnish with sour cream and more salsa. Serve with corn or flour tortillas.

Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

oh yes, now that looks good.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Baked Salsa Chicken Recipe
    Ingredients:
    4 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
    1 jar Salsa, your favorite brand
    1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
    2 tablespoons sour cream

Directions:

Place chicken in a 8x8 baking dish. Cover with salsa. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.

Top with cheese and broil during last 5 minutes of baking time to brown cheese.

Garnish with sour cream and more salsa. Serve with corn or flour tortillas.

I tried this last night. Very yummy. Of course I did one chicken breasts but so easy and so tasty. The chicken tasted perfect not to done and and not too raw either.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I tried this last night. Very yummy. Of course I did one chicken breasts but so easy and so tasty. The chicken tasted perfect not to done and and not too raw either.
    Oh good! I'm glad you liked it.

Another quicky meal-
    Rotisserie chicken (any flavor, usually found at your local grocery store)
    Pepperidge Farm herb flavored stuffing made with chicken broth instead of water. (takes minutes to make)
    Chicken or Turkey gravy- Canned or powdered. We use Bisto from the UK.
    Pillsbury (or local store brand) crescent rolls

This can also substitute for the lazy ass persons Thanksgiving feast.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    infp

I'm currently trying to teach myself to be a good pasta chef. I read recipes and take note of recipes I eat to learn. I don't have alot of different ingredients right now (I'm 16 and I don't buy my own food), but I find a good speghetti and meatball recipe goes like this:

Speghetti (how ever much you need)
    Tomato sauce (I use anything from the most basic, plain, canned sauce, to imported tomato sauce with different flavours. This morning, I used the basic canned tomato sauce)
    Garlic (Take a leaf of garlic and cut it up into the smallest bits possible)
    Onion (do the same thing with this as you do with garlic. The onion is more optional as far as I'm concerned)
    Parmesan cheese
    Meatballs (I just get frozen italian style meatballs at the grocery store personally)
    Hot sauce (I don't like it too hot so I get Frank's Red Hot Original)

Put the meatballs in the oven and let them cook. Meanwhile, cook the speghetti. Take a pot/pan and heat it up at a fairly low heat and pour in the tomato sauce and the garlic and onion bits. Turn the heat up to medium heat untill it bubbles and stir it. When the meatballs are done, cover them in Frank's Red Hot sauce. Now mix the speghetti in the sauce and put the meatballs on top.

Yah, I know, very basic, but very good. The garlic in the sauce of the pasta itself is a good flavour, and the slightly spicy meatballs are a good counter flavour. Taking a bit of the speghetti and eating it with a meatball is very satisfying, especially when you made it yourself.

Thats all I have to add to this, so far.

Any tips for other good pasta recipes?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Jen's salsa chicken is also easy in the crockpot- just cover the chicken with salsa and cook 'til done. AWESOME over jasmine rice.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm a crappy cook- I mostly just "assemble." Some of my standbys, from whick I mix & match as desired:

Baked beans, vegetarian

Yams

Frozen veggies steamed in the microwave- "California mix" (cauliflower, broccoli, & carrots) is good with a baked potato, and that's a meal once a week or so here

Canned green beans cooked Southern-style (aka "cooked to death"-- drain out most of the water from a big-ass can, put in a pan with a couple teaspoons of oil, a generous sprinkling of salt, and a slightly more generous sprinkling of sugar)

Jasmine rice, curry powder, garbanzo beans, nice with a green salad

I have a weakness for chicken pot pie, but it's more work than I like to do for dinner most of the time, so I'll take frozen veggies (potatoes, carrots, peas, whatevr else) and a chicken breast, boil them 'til they're tender, drain, and throw them in a refrigerated piecrust with a can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup and a little milk.

I also use the crockpot a lot. I sometimes make barbecue chicken in it with several of those frozen breasts, a cup of vinegar, a half cup of water, and a bit of salt & sugar. Cook that until it's tender, then lift the chicken out and shred it with a fork. Mix some of the vinegary fluid left in the pot with tomato sauce or barbecue sauce, and then mix that back in with the chicken. Makes good sandwiches with coleslaw, much healthier than pulled pork BBQ.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP

I have a recipe for a victoria sponge cake that I've used since I was old enough to know what cake was:
    6oz self raising flour
    6oz caster sugar
    6oz butter/margarine
    3 eggs
    1 heaped teaspoon of baking powder

stick it all in a bowl and mix together (an electric mixer is best) then when it's nice and smooth stick the mixture in two round greased cake tins and put it in the oven for about 20mins (try not to check on it like very minute cos that'll make it sink). Remove from oven, let it cool adn then put some jam on top of one bit and put it together like a sandwich, then drizzle some icing on top it's heaven

edit: to make it vanilla just put in a couple of drops of vanilla essence, to make it chocolate replace 2oz of the flour with 2oz of cocoa powder or drinking chocolate
    Last edited by WobblyStilettos; 03-04-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: forgot about flavouring ^^
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay