First 1234 Last

Thread: Raw Foodism

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I'm a raw foodist that consumes seafood. I don't do it 100%, maybe 85%. I eat normal when I travel outside the country (2+ times a year) too.

Thing is, I don't think everyone's body is setup to be the healthiest on high raw. Nor do I buy everything they espouse. However, everyone can benefit from having more fruits and veggies in their life. Just remember any extremes like veganism, raw foodism, and a completely processed diet aren't always the best way to go for the long term.

I think raw food is perfect for healing periods. Why don't you try green smoothies. Kale, banana, and ice.
    Actually, I have been drinking green smoothies every morning. They are great since it only takes 5minutes to make and I'm always in a hurry in the morning. I'm pretty much raw until dinner time (at dinner time, anything goes... including meat, but I actually eat less ever since I went "raw")

Can I get green smoothie recipes that taste yummy? If it tastes yummy I'll eat it.
    Right now I created my own mini recipe~

1 cup of water
    2-3 stalks of celery
    1 romaine lettuce
    2 peaches
    1 banana
    1/2 (or less) of lemon juice
    1/3 cilantro

It's pretty good! Before I used 2 apples, but it turned into apple sauce. I think I'll experiment with spinach when I run out of celery.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I went 100% raw vegan for over 2 months - zero cheating. It felt like death A warning: you will be eating food constantly and in much larger proportions since most raw vegans stress that you should not eat too many grains because they're so difficult to digest. This leaves the raw vegan with just fruit, nuts and veggies, which doesn't satisfy for very long. I'm 5 ft 3 and lost 5 lb... and I was only 104 lb. to begin with. But I don't regret it; there were so many convincing arguments for and against raw veganism that it had to try it out for myself.

I'm now approx 50% raw and I'm gaining my weight back. I wouldn't recommend going more than 75% though, if you want to keep a healthy weight on. Experiment with ratios cautiously, gradually ease yourself into it so you don't drop a lot of pounds too quickly.

I have now adopted a Macrobiotic diet, permanently (basically veganism, only I include fish and eggs).

The links below may be of further interest to you...

The Okinawa Diet

The Milk Letter
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

Yeah, I eat a varied diet to make sure I get all the nutrients. And I make sure I get my dark green leafy vegetables in green smoothies.

But I do take one supplement. I take three fish oil capsules a day - one 1,000 mgs of cod liver oil capsule for vitamin D, and two fish oil capsules 1,000 mgs each. Making 3,000 mgs of fish oil per day, so I get my fair share of Omega 3s.

Bon appetit.

MBTI
    YaYa

People eating raw meat trips me out.

But if Nanook can do it, maybe I can too.

you guys eat know peter ragnar? i sort of like him. he basically says you can eat raw and still grow muscles. he looks a bit xstp too me. anyway, i thought for a while that protein is the most essential food, but he convinced me, that protein should come from plants and needs to be mixed with fibers, so the body can even make efficient use of the protein. if the body can use the highest possible ration of the protein, that is inserted, than not a lot of grams of proteins are needed.

i have to disappoint avolkiteshvara. i am really to stupid to eat healthy. and too poor. also, i don't have a kitchen on my own. so i eat mostly nuts, but not only.

MBTI
    YaYa

hahahaha........holly shit. Someone here really is Nanook. I missed his first post.

ah, so you were referring to the god of ice bears. or white dogs, they are often called nanook...

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    ah, so you were referring to the god of ice bears. or white dogs, they are often called nanook...
    nanook of the north. Eskimo.

Robert J. Flaherty documentary.

Edit:

There was a scene when he gets this walrus, kills it, and just starts slicing meat off and eating it. Pretty bad ass.

did you know that both ice bears and inuit (eskimo) have ... duh .. what is the word .... their bones are sick, because of eating too much meat/fish. also their livers. its not a problem for bears, they don't get old anyway. i hope i remember correctly. they also have a different digestion.

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    did you know that both ice bears and inuit (eskimo) have ... duh .. what is the word .... their bones are sick, because of eating too much meat/fish. also their livers. its not a problem for bears, they don't get old anyway. i hope i remember correctly. they also have a different digestion.
    Too much iron?

Are you talking about osteoporosis?