• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The surivor

What personality types would survive on a deserted island the longest?

• ESTP

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • ISTP

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • ENTP

• INTP

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • ESFP

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • ISFP

• ENFP

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • ESTJ

• INTJ

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • ENFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISFJ

• Total voters

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Out of all the types which one would be able to adapt and survive on a deserted island the longest?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
If it were a group on a deserted island I would say the ESTJ would live the longest (a la Survivor)

If it were a sole individual it would be an ISTP

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
If there is no food available on the island at all, and it's a group, I'm going to have to say the ENFP because they would be able to charm and persuade all of the others not to eat them. :D

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Again... I must be the worst ISTP ever. Either A) I wouldn't be sure if I wanted to survive. It'd be really boring. or B) If surviving requires killing animals, I'm out. On that note, eating the same thing of anything a lot would lead me right back to A.

I'll still vote for the other ISTPs though... they seem like the could handle it.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Again... I must be the worst ISTP ever. Either A) I wouldn't be sure if I wanted to survive. It'd be really boring. or B) If surviving requires killing animals, I'm out. On that note, eating the same thing of anything a lot would lead me right back to A.

I'll still vote for the other ISTPs though... they seem like the could handle it.

Am I the only one who thinks an INTJ would do just as good if not better?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Am I the only one who thinks an INTJ would do just as good if not better?

I would say an ISTJ would be better suited...but maybe some abstract thinking could work yes. But then I'd have to include INTPs too. Put simply...ISTs are just more objective. That seems like it would be the best thing here.

An I cause you'd deal with the loneliness better.
An S cause you'd deal with the concrete down-to-earth problems of it all better (?)
A T because it would be a lot about logical problem solving.
A P because you need to be adaptable.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I would say an ISTJ would be better suited...but maybe some abstract thinking could work yes. But then I'd have to include INTPs too. Put simply...ISTs are just more objective. That seems like it would be the best thing here.

An I cause you'd deal with the loneliness better.
An S cause you'd deal with the concrete down-to-earth problems of it all better (?)
A T because it would be a lot about logical problem solving.
A P because you need to be adaptable.

I find INTJs can adapt to almost anything...I know one who is an engineer and can play soccer well. I also included ISTJ in the list.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Who would want to survive 'longest' on a desert island, any way?

... It's going to be the most proportionate between the E/I, S/N, F/T and J/P pairs as (s)he can be the most 'flexible' in that group. That could be any of the personality types.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I find INTJs can adapt to almost anything...I know one who is an engineer and can play soccer well.
An engineer who can also play soccer?!!?!?

:shocking:

Sacrebleu!!!!

Every engineer I know plays some sport of some kind, and half of them actually have social skills to boot!!!

(I know approximately seven engineers)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Regardless, my vote goes to ISTP because the one I know thrives on being able to survive in any scenario, is incredibly well-traveled, highly adaptable, uber-intelligent with making use of his surroundings, and could live, (though, unhappily), without company.

:)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm, what type is Les Stroud?

He could be an FP, I think.

And, Bear Grylls (sp?), He's a TJ, I think.