• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm drooling right now [Pandan Coconut Waffles recipe inside]

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
This recipe was taken from a note on Facebook. One of ex-employers/friends who is way in to cooking posted it.

This is a very simple yet satisfying recipe for Pandan Coconut Waffles. There are a few variations that you can adjust once you get the gist of it. I have a very picky eater in the house so he approves this one. So here it is, enjoy!

You can get pandan flavour in a bottle at any asian grocery store such as H-mart or Hong Kong market etc..

2 cup cake flour (you can use all purpose flour, but not self rising)
9-10 TBSP sugar (can vary depending on your sweet tooth)
1/2 TSP salt
2 TSP baking powder
3 eggs (separating the yolk and the egg white)
1 whole can coconut milk
1 stick of unsalted butter (melted)
1/2 TSP pandan flavoring
Butter spray to keep the waffles from sticking to the maker, even though it may say non-stick, don't take the risk of having to scrub later...

Directions

Turn on your waffle maker so it'll be hot and ready!

Dry Ingredients
Mix the cake flour or all purpose flour in a bowl along with salt, sugar and baking powder. Stir it evenly, if you're using cake flour, which is extra fine, you don't need sifting. Set aside

Wet Ingredients
Mix the 3 egg yolks in a bowl with 1 can coconut milk, melted butter and panda flavoring. Stir evenly and set aside.

Either using an electric hand mixer or bring out your fancy KitchenAid mixer, using the whisk, beat the egg white on Med/High until it turns into a white stiff consistency, almost like whipped cream. Do not over beat. This is what will make the waffle very light and airy :) Set Aside

Now, with the dry ingredient bowl, slowly add the wet ingredient in and stir gently with a spatula. Once the wet is completely mixed in, slowly add the egg white by folding it gently. DO NOT STIR at this point, you just want to fold it in by pushing the spatula to the very bottom of the bowl and push up then fold over until all the egg whites are folded in.

Now it's ready for the waffle maker. I'm sure you can handle it from here.

Please do share your experiences here with the rest of us!

9631_148086763042_502243042_2734525_3318710_n.jpg

9631_147265313042_502243042_2728391_635612_n.jpg

9631_148087218042_502243042_2734528_1365989_n.jpg

I'm still drooling.

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm nuts about coconut, but what is pandan? What does it taste like?

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I was just so darn curious that I looked up pandan. This explains the green color of the waffles....but what does it taste like I wonder?

Pandan cake

Pandan cake is a light, fluffy cake of Malay origins (Indonesia, Malaysia, The Philippines) flavored with the juice of Pandanus amaryllifolius leaves. The cakes are light green in tone due to the chlorophyll in the leaf juice. It also sometimes contains green food colouring to further enhance its colour. The cakes are sometimes not made with the leaf juice but instead simply flavoured with pandanus extract, in which case, colouring must be added to give the cake a green colour.

It is popular in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, and China. It is also known as pandan chiffon.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You'll be the toast of Camp Snoopie!

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
^
"Will you try green waffles, ma'am?"
"I do not like them Beat-I-am!":D

.....srsly, though, have you tried them? What do they taste like?

P

Phantonym

Haha. Ok. Nice colour. Do they have something similar in blue? :D But yeah, droolworthy waffles :drool:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
^
"Will you try green waffles, ma'am?"
"I do not like them Beat-I-am!":D

.....srsly, though, have you tried them? What do they taste like?
lol.

I have not tried them... and I feel less complete for it :(.

Do they have something similar in blue? :D
Shit, let me know if you find something. I'm trying to touch on all the colors of the rainbow... It's part of The Beat's Great Waffle Endeavors of 1779 (1779 sounds much cooler than 2009...).

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Mmm, I love them green waffles. Why you've got to be evil like that, Beat. The nearest place I *know* has them is like 30 minutes from my house. (I know, that's not *that* far, but I rarely go more than 15 minutes away.) Damn not owning a waffle-maker.

ETA: Actually, I came home later at night and there was half of one left in the fridge. The gods are listening.

Last edited:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh so we're eating green waffles now? Fine. I want my green eggs and ham with that too then.