• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I love sweet potatoes!

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Who else loves sweet potatoes!? I like to make mine the simple way: bake them in the oven, cut it into halves, and then drizzle them with just enough honey to add some extra sweetness. Delectable! There is no other vegetable on earth that tastes as good and is as soothing as a sweet potato.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I used to hate them, but they've grown on me. I could go for a bowl of that, or maybe fried in tempura. Never tried to prepare them myself.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I swear everybody who says they hate sweet potatoes says so because either they've had them from the can, or because they were prepared horribly. Try baking one in the oven and see how you like it.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I don't like them, but I've heard that it's supposedly good if you prepare them with marshmallows.

~~ENFJ~~

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I love sweet potatoes!

Sweet potato oven fries, sweet potato shoestring fries, baked sweet potato, sweet potato pie, mashed sweet potatoes, sweet potato casserole with brown sugar and pecans and possibly with marshmallows, curried sweet potato... I haven't met a sweet potato I haven't liked!

Here's one of my favorite recipes:
Sweet Potato Oranges - All Recipes

Or for those who don't like it so sweet:
Cajun Style Baked Sweet Potato - All Recipes

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mmm love them.

Only fresh ones will do. Those can ones are horrible. Blegh.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'll even eat the canned ones, and I hate canned vegetables. :blush: Sweet potatoes remind me of the teacher telling you you can use the book on the test. :D They're legit, but they feel like you're cheating!

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
They've got a sale at the store today, 3 pounds for only a buck :D. Tis the season for sweet potatoes. I need to learn how to preserve them though.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Sweet potatoes are awesome. Try them with butter and chili powder on top--works on sweet potato fries OR baked sweet potato. Sounds weird, but it's really yummy!

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Oh yeah. :nice:

I'll never forget the day that the grocery store had them on sale for $0.39 / pound.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just bought some sweet potato "french fries." I can't wait to try them. Don't know why I haven't gotten around to it already!

wolfy

awsm
1847707614_fd77c53e1a.jpg

From sekihan's photostream

Japanese Yakiimo Truck. They sell roast kumara (sweet potato) Love these.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I can eat the canned ones as long as they aren't cooked. I like the fresh ones baked, buttered, and sprinkled with brown sugar.

I planted a few in the spring and should probably try digging them up soon. The plants are very pretty and seem to have survived being overgrown with cantaloupe vines and weeds.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love sweet potato casserole and things like that, but just the potatoes I really dislike for some reason. I just don't like them.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
On a related note my mom always bakes a couple of sweet potato pies for Thanksgiving. She grows her own organic sweet potatoes too. :wubbie:

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I love sweet potato pie! I make some for Thanksgiving as well. To me, sweet potato pie is an improved pumkin pie.
I don't like the casserole with the marshmallows on top, though. My mother-in-law makes one that's topped with pecans and brown sugar that is much better than the marshmallow topping.
I also love sweet potatoes themselves, baked, with nothing more than a touch of unsalted butter....man, I'm drooling now!