User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Just dug up the ones in my garden. Got more than enough to fill up a 5 quart ice cream bucket, despite the poorly prepared soil, rocks, and weeds. I don't think I got them all and will probably get some volunteers next year. I don't know what type I grew, but they seem sweeter than the ones I've bought at the store.
    Take a picture, I'd like to see what you've grown . I'd grow them myself too (the old opnes always sprout in my cabinet anyway :/ ), but I don't have a garden or any earth to plant them in *sigh*

MBTI
    INTP

I have a couple of sweet, sweet taters in the oven right this minute. Oh, yeah.
    Something Witty

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I have a couple of sweet, sweet taters in the oven right this minute. Oh, yeah.
    Me too, although admitting it makes me look a little sweet potato nutty :P .

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Love 'em. The kids love 'em. Everyone here loves 'em. I put a little maple syrup on them but I'll try honey, that sounds nice too.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

They are the "uber tubers" IMO

Sweet potatoes, my first love! I'll eat them as a midnight snack, I'll eat them for dinner, I'll even eat them for breakfast. Not that I make a habit of sweet potatoes for breakfast, but one time I did. There's something magical in them.
    =universal solution

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

At what temperature and appox how long do you bake your sweet potato? I assume you wrap it in foil as well? I can grill 'em, but I've never gotten it right when I've tried to bake them in the oven. (Poking holes in them with a fork and running water over it, and then wrapping it in a paper towel and sticking it in the microwave just isn't the same thing.)

I guess I usually go with the classic brown sugar + butter. Sometimes I'll make candied sweet potatoes if I feel like making a dessert dish out of em. This thread has given me some delicious new ideas!

Despite being a minor foodie, the savory/sweet thing is something I have trouble with. I don't like sweet potatoes. There, I said it.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Despite being a minor foodie, the savory/sweet thing is something I have trouble with. I don't like sweet potatoes. There, I said it.
    :eek::eek: You forget yourself, effemdoubleyou!
    =universal solution

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Mmmm yum !! Cut them into slices, drizzle them with a bit of oil, add salt and pepper and put them in the oven. Healthy fries ^^
    <3

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post

At what temperature and appox how long do you bake your sweet potato? I assume you wrap it in foil as well? I can grill 'em, but I've never gotten it right when I've tried to bake them in the oven. (Poking holes in them with a fork and running water over it, and then wrapping it in a paper towel and sticking it in the microwave just isn't the same thing.)

I guess I usually go with the classic brown sugar + butter. Sometimes I'll make candied sweet potatoes if I feel like making a dessert dish out of em. This thread has given me some delicious new ideas!
    I just wrap mine in foil and bake them at no more than 350F. Making the oven too hot can make the sugars burn, which gives them a very bad flavor. Lower temps will make them caramelize nicely. Just cook them until they get completely soft (at that temp its hard to overcook them time wise).