• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Liquor

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
since there is a beer thread, i figure there should be a liquor thread too. for all kinds of liquors!
so what kind of liquor do you like? let's get the ball liquored up and rolling. :D

here in Belize it's all about the rum. it is the Carribbean, after all.
rum and coke is super popular here, that defintely seems to be the number one mixed drink. pina coladas are pretty popular too.

there tends to be more dark rum around here. actually, there is quite a bit of gold rum, which to me is the best kind of rum since it is not quite as heavy as dark rum, but still aged in wood barrels like dark rum is. dark rum sometimes gets a little too spicey for my tastes.
they also make a lot of coconut rum here, it's pretty popular.

1 Barrel and 5 Barrel are both great dark-ish rums. they are made by Traveller's Liquors here in Belize.
the names are about as obvious as a kick in the face; they are aged in barrels for 1 and 5 years. :rolleyes:
5 Barrel is obviously superior, but it's more expensive.

1barrel_bottle.jpg
5barrel_bottle.jpg

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm a grey goose vodka kinda girl.

Greyhounds and exxxxtra dirty martinis for the epic win!

:yes:

MBTI Type
INTJ
Mmm. I like Jameson whiskey, Jim Beam bourbon, Patron silver tequila, and when I'm in the mood for a liqueur I like Grand Marnier and limoncello.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
I'm a grey goose vodka kinda girl.

everyone i know seems to love grey goose and think it's the shit as far as vodka goes, but i always liked stoli (Stolichnaya) better.

stolichnaya.jpg

lamp - haha, sauza, classic! i love tequila! if it's shots, i pretty much always stick to tequila.
Don Julio is a pretty awesomely awesome tequila. but yeah, for shots it's a waste to be buying Don Julio, so i just stick with Cuervo.

wolfy

awsm
I like vodka. I do quite like stoli. I get 80 proof (red label). I like to drink spirits straight. I always drink vodka or shochu which is really just a cheaper Korean vodka.

I just basically like vodka. Full stop.

DRUNKENMASTER-web.jpg

That's the spirit Jackie!

Last edited:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whiskey: Jack Daniels. (my usual) Tequila: Partida (when I'm doing shots) Gin: Hendricks (stuff is gorgeous smelling and nice with a slice of cucumber and splash of soda on the rocks)

I also love a good Scotch. Dalmore is nice.

I'm not a vodka girl. Blackout liquor for me. Dangerous stuff!

icmlite

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Johnnie Blue, Bombay Sapphire, Patron Silver, and Grey Goose in that order. Yum!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like ice cold, strong gin and tonics with lots of lime.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Whiskey. That's all there is too it.

I'm partial to the small batch bourbons out of Kentucky. Particularly some of the offerings from Jim Beam such as Basil Haydens, Bookers, and Bakers. Blanton's is also good but I've found that the quality varies by batch. Wild Turkey Rare Breed is also good.

Of all these I like Basil Hayden's the best. It's best when paired with canada dry and a little bit of lime.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
I prefer rum and Kahlua. I used to like vodka, but it was that "one-drink-too-many" too many times back in my college days, and I tend to have a psychosomatic reaction to it now. I've always hated tequila, with or without salt. I dislike straight whiskey, though its great when mixed with tea or coke.

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Definitely a whiskey person. Jameson's is my favorite, and I generally like Scotch and Irish whisky better than American, but Maker's Mark is a damn good Bourbon.

Lately I got some orange-mango juice that mixes really well with just about any kind of rum. I'm partial to Sailor Jerry's. White rum is just...ick. I don't care for clear liquor.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
yeah, i am really a whiskey guy too. when it comes to liquor i drink whiskey about 90% of the time, and other liquors 10%.

in the past i drank a lot of Wild Turkey and Jack Daniels, but now i mostly drink single malt scotch. i like Glenlivet, it's the best easily-available scotch, in my opinion. i like Glenkinchie pretty well too.

Hands Mechanical

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm a whiskey man as well. On the cheap I go with Evan Williams (much to the chagrin of my friends and their sensitive little tastebuds), on the more expensive side I'm happy with Maker's Mark. Bourbon is generally my favorite, I like some Johnny Walker (scotch) too.

After whiskey, rum is a favorite. I love spiced rum (Cap'n!).

Used to drink a lot of vodka, not too much now. I do love a white russian. My brand of choice is Stolichnaya.

OP, it's cool to hear that you're from Belize - I'm vacationing there for a few weeks in December (a few days on the coast and the rest visiting all of your delicious Mayan pyramids and ruins and caves, along with a few in Guatemala), and as rum and coke is my favorite mixed drink I'm glad to hear it's popular and readily available :D I'm only 20, so I can't drink legally in the US until April, and this trip will be the first time I've been out of the country in several years, so also the first time I've ever been able to legally purchase alcohol. Looking forward to it...