• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Liquor

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I was about to ask where the hell all the rum was. Glad to see it's cropping up. :D

Rum comes in awesome flavors, works fantastic in jello shots, accents mixed drinks, takes the edge off harsher liquors, and I could name a million other reasons why it rocks. Can you tell it's my favorite? :blush:

Sake, fruit-infused mead, and plum wine have become a couple favorites to drink straight, but my favorite drink currently is some awesome sweet tea (or sweet tea mixed with lemonade mmm..) with a shot of some smooth rum. :drool:

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Hands Mechanical;
yeah, they love rum and coke here, it's ubiquitous. rum is definitely the number one liquor in Belize. and they love coca-cola here, not just as rum and cokes but by itself too. coca-cola is very popular here, in Belize City anyway. Pepsi seems to be very popular in small towns.
and yeah, the drinking age in Belize is 18.

you'll have fun with the Mayan ruins and caves. :D it's an amazing place.

kyuuei;
i was never much of a rum drinker, but i am drinking a lot more of it now. with it's availability here it is probably going to start edging out whiskey for me.
i tend to drink it straight, but i like pina coladas.
and it's good in cold tea too, it's refreshing.

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I really like rum, but I hate mixing it in cola. If I'm gonna have it any other way than just straight, it'll definately be in a piña colada.

Hands Mechanical

MBTI Type
INFP
Hands Mechanical;
yeah, they love rum and coke here, it's ubiquitous. rum is definitely the number one liquor in Belize. and they love coca-cola here, not just as rum and cokes but by itself too. coca-cola is very popular here, in Belize City anyway. Pepsi seems to be very popular in small towns.
and yeah, the drinking age in Belize is 18.

you'll have fun with the Mayan ruins and caves. :D it's an amazing place.
Oh yes, I went to Mexico several years ago and visited a lot of the Mayan stuff there, it's completely fascinating. When it comes to traveling my primary motivation in terms of vacation is ancient ruins. After I get the Mayans out of the way, I need to go to Italy for the Roman and Etruscan ruins, Egypt, and Greece.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Definitely a whiskey person. Jameson's is my favorite, and I generally like Scotch and Irish whisky better than American, but Maker's Mark is a damn good Bourbon.

yeah, i am really a whiskey guy too. when it comes to liquor i drink whiskey about 90% of the time, and other liquors 10%.

I'm a whiskey man as well.

You're all good people. We're gonna get along just fine. :yes:

I can't stand dark liquor, it makes me vomitus maximus.

Hmm . . . :blink:

Timmy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Bourbon...1792 Reserve or other small-batch Bourbons. Hate Maker's Mark...tastes like Scotch. Surprisingly, my for my Scotch-drinking friend, it's the only Bourbon he'll drink.

Port
some Rum
Añejo Tequilas

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
hey whiskey drinkers- how about cobra whiskey, or snake wishkey? who else has tried it?
it's just whiskey (usually strong whiskey) with a cobra or other snake in the bottle. when i had it it was very strong and harsh tasting, but honestly it didn't tase much different from a bad and very strong whiskey.

i hear they make "viper rum" in Belize, i haven't had it yet. it's the same deal; very strong rum with a viper in the bottle.

cobra_grass_snake_whiskey.jpg

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
since there is a beer thread, i figure there should be a liquor thread too. for all kinds of liquors!
so what kind of liquor do you like? let's get the ball liquored up and rolling. :D

here in Belize it's all about the rum. it is the Carribbean, after all.
rum and coke is super popular here, that defintely seems to be the number one mixed drink. pina coladas are pretty popular too.

there tends to be more dark rum around here. actually, there is quite a bit of gold rum, which to me is the best kind of rum since it is not quite as heavy as dark rum, but still aged in wood barrels like dark rum is. dark rum sometimes gets a little too spicey for my tastes.
they also make a lot of coconut rum here, it's pretty popular.

1 Barrel and 5 Barrel are both great dark-ish rums. they are made by Traveller's Liquors here in Belize.
the names are about as obvious as a kick in the face; they are aged in barrels for 1 and 5 years. :rolleyes:
5 Barrel is obviously superior, but it's more expensive.

1barrel_bottle.jpg
5barrel_bottle.jpg

Well Kingfisher, I think you already know i'm a whiskey/scotch drinker.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Well Kingfisher, I think you already know i'm a whiskey/scotch drinker.

yeah, high-five for whiskey and scotch!
there are several whiskey drinkers here, it looks like.

by the way, whiskey over ice - thoughts?
i say straight only, no rocks.

neat.jpg

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

neat.jpg

Meee too...
I thought I was the only one.
People think i'm crazy.
Watered down whiskey is disgusting.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ I know a guy who drinks that too :)

I honestly like anything that tastes good. I'm not a huge drinker, so usually when I drink something it's because the alcohol was well disguised.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Johnny Walker Black on the rocks

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have found a new staple, not too expensive either.

Powers750ml.jpg

Apparently it's the number one selling whiskey in Ireland, so that means they must be doing something right.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I love this stuff. Its like a cherry port. Reasonable, goes down easy (I like it on the rocks) women love it too...but can be hard to find.
32874932-300x300-0-0_Cherry_Kijafa_32874932.jpg

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4

neat.jpg

Never over ice. That's for amateurs.

Recently discovered Rittenhouse rye whiskey. 100 proof and $15 a bottle. Nice bang for the buck.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Recently discovered Rittenhouse rye whiskey. 100 proof and $15 a bottle. Nice bang for the buck.

nice. have you tried Sazerac? not the mixed drink sazerac - there is a rye whiskey called Sazerac. i think it is a little bit more expensive than Jim Beam? i haven't had any recently, though.

i have gone back to Laphroaig lately, after not having drank any in a while.
why did i ever stop drinking it?? best scotch in the world. it's so goddamn smoky. it's like drinking a campfire.

laphroaig.jpg