• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Kimchi for daaaaays!!!!

:yes:

I love any man who can appreciate the zesty and spicy taste of kimchi.

You just earned yourself 223 points, sir.

Are those redeemable ? :D

Honey...I love spicy anything.

Pasta, women, Thai, women, Viet, women, Korean, women, Mexican, women...:blush:

I am growing Habaneros on the back deck...

And I eat Tabasco on almost everything.

I am a Freak. Love Me!!!:D

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
You ethnophile you!!!

I like my women spicy, and chalk-full of melanin too!!!

:)

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTIibbq1xd4"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTIibbq1xd4"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

yum fruits

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
43185638_2cceba7737.jpg

Mmmm.. Paneer & naan.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found something amazing.

Ingredients-

One normal rectangle of cream cheese
A half cup of sugar

Microwave the cheese to soften it and mix the sugar and cheese. Tastes amazing. If you're a fan of cream cheese pastries this is pretty much what the sauce is. It's a great topping for pastries. If you're super poor like me, put this on a piece of toasted bread and it's just about like a pastry you'd get for 5 bucks. :D

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I've found a way to make thin crust pizza super quick! This actually tastes better than those prepackaged pizza crusts. And it's cheaper!

Just take some flour tortillas, brush them with olive oil, prick them all over with a fork, and bake them in a 450 degree oven until they're crispy (about 4 minutes).

Then just take them out of the oven, top them with whatever toppings you like and place them back in the oven for about 5 mintutes.

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I've found a way to make thin crust pizza super quick! This actually tastes better than those prepackaged pizza crusts. And it's cheaper!

Just take some flour tortillas, brush them with olive oil, prick them all over with a fork, and bake them in a 450 degree oven until they're crispy (about 4 minutes).

Then just take them out of the oven, top them with whatever toppings you like and place them back in the oven for about 5 mintutes.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Really good mashed potatoes:

3-4 golden Yukon potatoes
Salt
Pepper
Basil
Rosemary
Garlic Powder
Unsalted Butter
Cream (optional)

Preparation:

Peel and cube potatoes. Place in pot full of water, turn burner to medium-highish heat. (But not so high your pot boils over and douses the burner flame! :doh:)

Add to water: salt (liberally), pepper, a pinch of basil, two large pinches of rosemary, garlic powder (liberally--enough to thinly cover the surface of the water).

Cover pot. Leave potatoes to boil for ~20 minutes. Stir occassionally. When they are ready, you should be able to easily poke into them with a fork (like the consistency of butter).

Drain pot of water.

Mash in pot with implement of choice until they are a smooth consistency. Add two pats of unsalted butter (and a small amount of cream if you so desire) while mashing.

Eat. :)

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Veggie stuff

Spinach & Jack Cheese Bread Pudding

3985646317_1d7c956fde.jpg

Prep: 5 minutes Bake: 25 minutes
Makes 6 main-dish servings

6 large eggs
2 cups low-fat milk (1%)
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
pinch ground nutmeg
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
8 slices firm white bread, cut into 3/4-inch pieces

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl, with wire whisk, beat eggs, milk, thyme, salt, pepper, and nutmeg until blended. With rubber spatula, stir in spinach, Monterey Jack, and bread.
2. Pour mixture into lightly greased 13" by 9" ceramic or glass baking dish. Bake bread pudding until browned and puffed, and knife inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Remove bread pudding from oven; let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

Each serving: About 280 calories, 17g protein, 22g carbohydrate, 13g total fat (6g saturated), 233mg cholesterol, 545mg sodium

Nacho Casserole (my personal favorite)
4000484784_c82e32cb70.jpg

Prep: 10 minutes Bake: 20 minutes
Makes 6 main-dish servings.

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed Cheddar cheese soup
1/2 cup low-fat milk (1%)
1 jar (16 ounces) mild or medium-hot salsa
1 bag (7 ounces) baked, unsalted tortilla chips
1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
1 or 2 jalapeño chiles, thinly sliced
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In 13" by 9" ceramic or glass baking dish, stir undiluted soup with milk until well blended; spread evenly. Top with half of salsa and half of chips. Carefully spread beans over chips. Top with remaining chips and salsa. Sprinkle evenly with chiles and Cheddar. Bake until hot, about 20 minutes.

Each serving: About 385 calories, 17g protein, 60g carbohydrate, 12g total fat (5g saturated), 27mg cholesterol, 1370mg sodium.

I doubled the ingredients and used 2cups of milk instead of 1 cup. This weekend I'm making pumpkin molasses muffins. Will post the result :devil:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Brother-in-law's Lasagne, simplified by Tamske...

I learnt a great lasagne recipe from brother-in-law...
I changed almost everything in it...

Ingredients (2 hungry persons):
* 800 g tomatoes
* half a package precooked lasagne sheets
* 400 g ground meat (pork or mixture beef-pork)
* the smallest tin of tomato concentrate
* mozarella cheese
* emmentaler cheese

Take the biggest pan you have. Heat some olive oil. Add ground meat. Stir while baking. Add tomatoes. Put a lid on the pan and lower the heat. Let simmer until the tomatoes give off juice.

Cut the mozarella in thin slices. Grate the emmentaler.

Add the tin of tomato concentrate. (You can add herbs/spices here - I take the ones that take my fancy. Provencal herbs and pepper. Or thyme and rosemary. Or basil. You can use a laurel leaf too, but you've got to add that in the beginning).

Fill an oven pot with layers of tomato-ground meat mixture, lasagne sheets, mozarella slices and end with mozarella. Cover with the grated emmentaler.

Put in oven for 20 minutes on 200°C.

Have a good meal!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've recently found that HP sauce from the UK is absolutely spectacular as a dip with sweet potato french fries or chicken nuggets.

Tomorrow I'm going to make salmon patties with cheese grits. All you need is canned or packaged salmon, an egg or two (depending on how much you make, 1 egg per can should suffice), chopped onions (optional), and bread or cracker crumbs with salt and pepper to taste. I've always made it with cracker crumbs, but I'm actually going to try it with torn pieces of bread this time. Just mix all of the above together (except for the grits, which will be a side dish), form into medium sized balls/patties, and fry over medium heat in olive oil or butter until lightly browned on both sides.

If anyone is interested, I'll post what my results were with bread crumbs vs. cracker crumbs.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just in case anyone wants to know, the salmon cakes turned out great with small, slightly dry breadcrumbs from the two heels of "healthy white" bread. I actually like them better this way than with crackers! I used one package of salmon, one egg, plenty of chopped red onion, and almost two pieces of heel bread cooked in olive oil to a nice brown which takes 3-5 minutes on each side (traditional southern people use butter, but I'm slightly more health conscious, especially since I'm already going to be putting a pat of butter on my grits).

For cheese grits, just make them according to the directions on the box (I use regular not instant) and add a little butter and maybe 1/4 cup of sharp shredded cheddar cheese for two servings. I like to add salt and pepper to both grits and patties. Sometimes I dip the salmon patties in some ketchup, but if you make them the right way they are also delicious plain.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
For people who don't have the time (or skill) to cook, I found a delicious way to make Mexican style food.

Buy the prepared pot roast in the refrigerated section. I used Tyson because it was on sale. Just cook in microwave according to package directions.

Then in the frozen section buy a bag of onions and peppers mixed (I saw store brand for like 88 cents) or pay a dollar more and get a "fajita mix" veggie bag like I did. Cook those in a pan over medium-high heat till they are nice and soft and the water has evaporated, maybe with a little oil so that it won't stick to the pan.

Fill soft tortillas with pot roast and onion/pepper mix, and add a dollop of sour cream. These are so freakin' delicious and quite easy to prepare. MUCH better than any sort of "microwave burrito."

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Kangirl, for what it's worth, your avatar elicits a whole lot of emotion out of me.
Me too. Although my reaction is -> :sick:

Brother-in-law's Lasagne, simplified by Tamske...
Ingredients (2 hungry persons):
* 800 g tomatoes
* 400 g ground meat (pork or mixture beef-pork)
* emmentaler cheese

Have a good meal!
Sounds tasty! But... how much is 800g tomatoes, and what is emmentaler cheese?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyone now how to make some really good alfredo sauce?