• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
White rice with red kidney beans, along with olive drenched sauteed broccoli and some curry powder sprinkled all over.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I made breakfast for the next week last night i took a pint of plain yogurt to that i added brown sugar (don't know how much just kept adding til it tasted good), then i added cinnamon tasted it, too much cinnamon (so I added more brown sugar) then i added a handful of pecan pieces then some quick oats (uncooked) put it back in the yogurt container i think next time i'm gonna put more oats in. though i can do that now.

it's delicious.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
cross posted in random thought because i needed to make xann jealous
14797307_10101723838376357_603778313_n.jpg

it's lasagna: two type of sauce (mushroom and roasted red pepper),chorizo,spinach,whole milk ricotta,smoked provolone,fresh mozerella,parmasean

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
From the weekend:

Have been trying to cook with Depression era recipes. As a challenge to lower my grocery bill and see if I can make things with less ingredients but 'healthy em up a bit'.

Made this banana cake. (Added cinnamon, flax and used coconut agave in place of sugar). In the bottom pic - brushed a panini maker with coconut oil and grilled the cake pieces. Then whipped coconut cream up with berries and topped it off with that. Will make again!!

1930's Banana Cake:

banana_zpstaz0wdza.jpg

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
From the weekend:

Have always sucked at making dumplings. My friend helped me and now I am head over heels for them. They remind me of C L O U D S or little brains :p

No recipe for stew. Just shook meat cubes in a bit of cornstarch and spices and browned in coconut oil. Added broth and simmered for one hour, covered. Added the veggies and simmered for another hour, supplementing with broth or water to taste. Put in fridge overnight to skim fat off the top.

Dumplings:

dump_zpsmqv7n8cz.jpg

OMG [MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]. I am now craving lasagne ^ SO hard (Garfield hard ;))!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Roasted red potatoes, sweet potatoes, and beets
+ sautéed chard
+ Italian sausage
+ a bit of shredded cheese
+ a fried egg on top

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
making chili
1 can kidney beans (drained,not rinsed)
1 can chili beans (drained,not rinsed, not 100% sure if these need to be drained or not i'll call my mom and ask her)
1 large onion sliced
1 green bell pepper chopped
1lb ground beef (browned, fat drained)
1 8oz can tomato sauce
16oz can whole tomatoes(drain 2/3rds of the liquid)
1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 bay leaf
dash of cayenne
dash of paprika
1 can chipotles in adobo (or whatever's in the fridge but i have almost a full can)
2-3c water(might need to add more but start with this)

cookvin slow cooker on high for 4 hours or low for 8

Last edited:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
update tastes really good but too much liquid so next time gonna only put a pint of water in and i can add more if i need to i'm cooking the last few hours with lid off to get some of it to evaporate.but here's what it looks like as of right now.20161029_155620[1].jpg

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wasn't that hungry tonight, so I whipped up some sauteed spinach with garlic and olive oil, and a whole avocado cut in half with some sea salt and black pepper sprinkled over them.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Yesterday made Arancini for 1st time as per a request.

The texture was really good but I found them a bit bland despite reassurances from the other mouth involved in tasting. Will need to attempt this again and I think I need to find a better recipe...

arancine_zpscitssuda.jpg

Made green tomato salsa to add a zip. Yummy! Next time will make a little less H O T!:explode:

salsa_zpsdbvm8rc8.jpg

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For lunches this week (and later -- some is def going in the freezer): cauliflower, kale + chickpea curry pot
^ modifications: used sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes. Also didn't bother measuring the cauliflower or the chickpeas and just used a whole head+a whole can. Ended up needing to up the spice, salt, and broth amount. But it turned out ok!

For breakfasts this week: Amish-Style Baked Oatmeal with Apples, Raisins & Walnuts
^ modifications: half the butter, 2/3 of the sugar, no raisins. Tasted fabulous that way -- but any less butter/sugar and it would have been depressingly healthy.

I also cooked some bok choy and shiitake mushrooms to eat in udon noodle soup tomorrow -- had lots of time this evening so decided to save my tomorrow self a bit of effort.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
The last rack of ribs I had in the freezer. I used wood chips so it was like being cooked over fire ( since we aren't allowed to burn wood/charcoal fires here >_<) they were delicious.

Then I covered the grill and put it away for the winter.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
chick_zpsnp9xks8d.jpg

For chicken: Put cloves of garlic and coconut oil under the skin. In the cavity: lemon juice, dill, garlic, chipotle seasoning and herbs. Put the chicken on top of whatever veggies had in fridge (beets, carrots, potatoes...) that were tossed in coconut oil and garlic.

For stuffing: Cut up bread into 1" pieces. Fried onions & celery. Added bread and herbs (sage, thyme, rosemary, pepper...) and poured in chicken stock till wet but not soggy. Added one beat egg. Put in casserole dish and baked for an hour.

For yams (not pictured): Roasted with maple syrup for 1.5 hours. Added crumbled feta and dill over the top when done.

Hey [MENTION=26281]geedoenfj[/MENTION], may I have the recipe for those cinnamon rolls?

Fate

Bought a 1kg pack of French fries, then cooked some, then ate some. I cooked two times, second ones were a little better. :yes:

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION] Yeah sure
French Toast Roll Ups | The BakerMama
It's quick, it's delicious, I used raw coconut oil instead of butter, and only egg whites, I don't know why I only used egg whites tbh :laugh:
That seems like a delicious chicken hmm, enjoy your food ^_^

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
[MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION] Yeah sure
French Toast Roll Ups | The BakerMama
It's quick, it's delicious, I used raw coconut oil instead of butter, and only egg whites, I don't know why I only used egg whites tbh :laugh:
That seems like a delicious chicken hmm, enjoy your food ^_^

Cool! Thanks! I will try them this weekend. I forgot you like coconut oil as much as I do :heart: