• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does reheating chili cheese fries (cheddar and American cheese) in the oven count?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I want to make cheesecake today. Any recommended recipes?

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I made ALL of the cupcakes, a few dozen chocolate chip cookies, salmon with mango salsa, broccoli thai salad, and mini egg/spinach frittatas. I have boredom, or should I say, boredom has me.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I want to make cheesecake today. Any recommended recipes?

It's 3 days later, but if you want I have a good and easy recipe for cheesecake with chocolate crust.

- - - Updated - - -

I made today alpine cube cake. It's delicious!

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Made Alton Brown's Overnight Oatmeal but I ate it after 3 hours instead of waiting for the full 8 hours. It's a bit tart due to the cranberries and I opted for raisins instead of figs. It could use some sweetening, but it is good and easy to make. I'm gonna try drizzling some honey on it.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pumpkin waffles, bacon, and fruit..... a great start to the Memorial Day feasting...

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Cook: Hazelnut & Bourbon Vanilla Bean Cream

It's sweltering and I'm tired. This is amazeballs in iced coffee!

Take that Starbucks.

ice%20coffee_zpso7bztrvj.jpg

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It's June apparently but it felt like October so Bean and Bacon soup sounded good. I make this in the Instant Pot I got for Christmas. I can't recommend this appliance enough - it's much more than a pressure cooker.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yesterday I tried to make tortillas.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................cries

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................cries

Don't feel bad. This is one item where it's really technique and practice more than anything else. I just buy raw tortillas and save myself the frustration.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cross-posted from Facebook.

Results of the Afternoon and Evening that I Had Resolved to Use Entirely for Relaxation and Doing Nothing

- 3-4 servings of chickpea cauliflower curry
- 1 1/2 servings of tortellini with kale
- 10-ish cups of freshly washed, chopped, and neatly stored salad greens
- 1/2 bowl of yesterday's leftovers, microwaved and then eaten while standing over the sink
- 1 1/2 cups oven-roasted chickpeas
- A dozen cheddar chive spring onion biscuits made from scratch
- 7 perfectly optimized tupperwares
- 1 perfectly organized refrigerator shelf
- 1 plastic bag of veggie scraps ready for composting
- Infinite washed dishes
- 1 whiskey ginger cocktail with St Germain
- An unreasonable measurement of exhaustion and regret
- No relaxation whatsoever

#unreasonablytypeA #someonehelpme #whyamilikethis

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I made a safe lemon garlic chicken recipe out of the slow-cooker book i "borrowed" today.

Also, that cheesecake that I posted about a few weeks ago.

Both turned out well.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Slow Cooker Asian Braised Beef. It's a bit too hot for my taste (it asked for 2 Tbls Sriracha sauce & 1 tsp red pepper flakes) but the beef came out very tender and the sauce smelled great. With some modifications, the recipe is a keeper. If I had more time, I would've cooked it on low for 6 hours, but I ended up cooking it on high for 3 hours and low for 1 hour.

Edit: Ok, it's been sitting in the refrigerator 2 days and it tastes so much better now; the heat from the Sriracha is very tolerable.

Last edited:

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Technically I made this yesterday but didn't try it till now. I usually make spanakopita in little triangles but think I prefer this way. I also have discovered I prefer the filling with an egg. Used coconut oil instead of butter. Chopped up fresh dill and roasted it in white pepper for garnish. Gives it a little kick :)

Spanokopita_zpsroa26cvl.jpg

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I cooked a ton of food the other day:
- Sautéed sweet corn and zucchini
- Pork sausage and stir fry vegetables
- Scrambled eggs with mushrooms and mirepoix mix
- Rice with vinegar and pepper
- quick pickled cucumbers
- Peach crumble with oats and only about 2 tbsp. worth of sugar in the whole thing
- I guess you don't cook salad, but I made like 4 of them so that's.. something. :laugh:

It has felt nice not needing to lift a finger all week to cook. Just heat and eat.

There there. :hug:

Don't feel bad. This is one item where it's really technique and practice more than anything else. I just buy raw tortillas and save myself the frustration.

Same. They have at supermarkets now raw tortillas you cook in the pan yourself.. all the yum of fresh with no work. In Texas I was spoiled with every supermarket having fresh tortilla makers constantly cranking out tortillas you could watch being made right in front of you.