• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Permabanned
dinah
j8ucrtw

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
All the bacon and eggs you have.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tarragon chicken, with rice and broccoli.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The most nutritious meal that I could manage to "cook" while also suffering from whatever damn cold/flu thing is going around (upper respiratory stuff, fever, weakness, aches and pains):

- Toasted english muffin with peanut butter
- Banana
- Glass of orange juice
- Cup of tea

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
The most nutritious meal that I could manage to "cook" while also suffering from whatever damn cold/flu thing is going around (upper respiratory stuff, fever, weakness, aches and pains):

- Toasted english muffin with peanut butter
- Banana
- Glass of orange juice
- Cup of tea

Hope you feel better FAST! :hug:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
coconut cupcakes with chocolate icing, completely dairy free used margarine and coconut milk instead of butter and milk.

the icing tastes exactly like fudge. which we all know is butter milk and chocolate so it's impressive that it contains no dairy and tastes like that.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
This is the kind of thing I am talking about [MENTION=26281]geedoenfj[/MENTION]. Getting a lot of influence today from your side of the world :) The wine is for the recipe technically...but I might be tasting it to make sure it's ok ;)

Lamb_zpspyyun24z.jpg

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is the kind of thing I am talking about [MENTION=26281]geedoenfj[/MENTION]. Getting a lot of influence today from your side of the world :) The wine is for the recipe technically...but I might be tasting it to make sure it's ok ;)

Lamb_zpspyyun24z.jpg

Not pretty sure what that is, I assume it is something Syrian or Lebanese they have a good variety of salads in there, it seems yummy maybe you can tell me what the ingredients are
*an Arab woman taking an Arabic recipe from a Canadian citizen*
*bringing shame to my people* :rofl1:

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Not pretty sure what that is, I assume it is something Syrian or Lebanese they have a good variety of salads in there, it seems yummy maybe you can tell me what the ingredients are

Ha! Like I said, I still can't even figure out what Canadian food is :D

Sorry, it took me a bit to find the recipe - I usually wing it now. I thought it was Iranian but this is actually a Moroccan cookbook.

I use bulgar instead of couscous when making this. If the notes at top are too small to read they say to add: more lemon juice, olive oil and a bit off red wine vinegar to taste/make less dry. I add the pomegranate arils cuz I love em.

For the lamb I just cook in garlic and lemon/pepper and then make a red wine reduction. It could easily be accomplished without liquor by using balsamic vinegar to reduce. Mushrooms pair nicely with it too. The mint in the salad is a nice contrast with the meat.

xox Cat

Salad_zps49lrk799.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
vegetarian black eyed peas they are amazing btw this is the leftovers from yesterday they have onion garlic carrots oregano thyme olive oil red pepper flakes veggie broth black pepper and to eat added hot sauce and more olive oil.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ha! Like I said, I still can't even figure out what Canadian food is :D

Sorry, it took me a bit to find the recipe - I usually wing it now. I thought it was Iranian but this is actually a Moroccan cookbook.

I use bulgar instead of couscous when making this. If the notes at top are too small to read they say to add: more lemon juice, olive oil and a bit off red wine vinegar to taste/make less dry. I add the pomegranate arils cuz I love em.

For the lamb I just cook in garlic and lemon/pepper and then make a red wine reduction. It could easily be accomplished without liquor by using balsamic vinegar to reduce. Mushrooms pair nicely with it too. The mint in the salad is a nice contrast with the meat.

xox Cat

Salad_zps49lrk799.jpg

They have such a cuisine in Morocco, I've tasted some of their dishes which contains coscus and also some sweets, they are AMAZING, not that many salads though, and I'm not really good with names, specially since I it's hard to understand their accent..
This sounds delicious, I would definitely like to try it some day, thank you so much for sharing :hug:

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
{Gelato not made by me}

Subbed in coconut oil, agave syrup, almond flour, flax and gf oats. House smells sooooo good (melts).

Apple%20Crumble_zpsd4zxj4xz.jpg

Kho

please let prayer be true
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx

Oh my god, pomegranates and coriander. Just seeing that makes me happy. Yum. <3

- - - Updated - - -

{Gelato not made by me}

Subbed in coconut oil, agave syrup, almond flour, flax and gf oats. House smells sooooo good (melts).

Apple%20Crumble_zpsd4zxj4xz.jpg

I can SMELL that photo, it's delish!

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I made Bananas Foster, but I used Amaretto instead of banana liquer. It's a very sweet dish even though I already cut the sugar by 2/3. Not bad but not great either.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always forget to post things til later. :/

Anyway, I made this a few days ago:

Spring Roll Bowls with Sweet Garlic Lime Sauce - Pinch of Yum

Really liked it overall! The one thing I'd change would be to make the ratio of noodles : groceries more like 1:1 or 1:1.5. I had a whole lot of noodles and would have liked it better with more spiralized cucumber, peppers, and carrots, and more meat (I used shrimp, but chicken or pork would be really good too).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my friend and i made egg curry last night, it was amazing I was going to take a picture but the camera on my phone keeps failing which is another sign I need a new phone but i'm just lazy I want to get the s7 I have the s3

this is the recipe we used
Hard boiled deshelled eggs - 4-5
Sliced Onions - 3
Sliced Tomato (small) - 1/2
Sliced Chillies - 1-2
Sliced Ginger - 1 big piece (around 1")
Coriander powder - 1.5 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder - as per your liking (Not more than 1 tsp, since we have green chillies there too)
Garam Masala powder - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - about 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
About 1.5 cups of coconut milk

Procedure: Heat about 2-3 tblspoons of oil (preferrably coconut oil).
Add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add curry leaves too. Then add sliced onions, ginger, chillies.

Once these have gone soft, add the powders (coriander, chilly and turmeric). Mix them thoroughly and then add the tomato.

Reduce the flame and add a bit of salt. Add half the garam masala now.

Put a lid over the pan and let it cook till tomato becomes really soft and pulpy.

Add the coconut milk and raise the flame. Add salt to balance the taste. Let it boil. Add the remaining garam masala and let it boil.

Now add the eggs into this gravy. Let it boil for another 2-3 mins till the gravy really gets into the eggs. Turn off the flame. Your egg curry is ready.

Could not find curry leaves so did two bay leaves with some lime zest which I was nervous about but it ended up working, but it did. also when you bit into the yolk with the sauce it became this perfect creamy texture, I can't explain it accurately but just know it was one of the most perfect textures i've felt while eating.

also the night before made an amazing frittata with stuff already in the fridge it was
6 eggs
one small green chilly seeded and diced
2 shallots chopped
half a tomato chopped
fresh basil
half a block of butterkase cheese,grated
half a block of double glouster,grated
6 pieces cappocola torn into bite size peices
salt and pepper
splash of milk
method
-preheat oven to 425

-in a large skillet oven proof skillet melt some butter, add the chilies and shallots cook until soften

-while the chillies and shallots are softening beat the eggs in a large bowl whisk in splash of milk and season lightly with salt and pepper. go light on the salt trust me the cheese and meat has a ton that you don't need much but go to town on the pepper if you want

-once the shallots and chillies have soften pour in the eggs let the bottom begin to set up add the tomatos,cheese, and meat

-put in oven for 20 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked and knife comes out clean

it was delicious not really spicy their was a very very suttle kick from the chilly but it just added an extra dimension, this is not meant to be spicy.I'm actually gonna make the frittata for my mom when she gets back in town but only do 4 eggs we did 6 because one of us was a male and males tend to eat more, but I think 5 eggs would've been sufficient, so go down on the meat and possibly the cheese depending on your taste but one piece of meat per egg is the ideal