• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I want some homemade vanilla things!! Send me some!

Maybe we could do a holiday gift exchange... do you want anything hand-knit?

Also this was the recipe I was thinking of, with the sundried tomato pesto: Half Baked Harvest - One-Pan Spring Tuscan Quinoa Bake

Pro tip: seriously reduce the amount of olive oil you put in. Other than that, friggin amazing. Loved it.

I'm down for that... I'm completely obsessed with knit hats to the point where I taught myself to knit just for that purpose :doh:

I'm thinking of doing vanilla sugar, some tea and these cookies this year for gifts!

and that recipe looks delicious... will have to try it out since I usually have the ingredients laying around! :)

Ground flaxseed in shakes for the win!! (This one is my favorite: Peanut Butter Banana Oat Smoothie - Let Why Lead I make it way more than I should, haha)

that is actually his all time favorite shake :laugh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
an experiment that turned out actually fairly tasty

i cut up some onion heated some oil and butter in a wok added the onion softened it than added, garlic, ginger powder, paprika, fennel seeds red pepper flakes, cummin, thyme salt and pepper cooked for a minute or 2. then 2-3 shots of balsamic cooked for another minute added smoked sausage and enough pepsi to cover let it reduce and simmer for 20 plus minutes take the sausage out put on plate turn heat to high for about 5 minutes and boil the shit out of the sauce the only thing is i wish i had corn starch or all purpose flour cuz the sauce was really too thin. and the sauce ended up being bit sort of sweet with a kick so like sweet and spicy and it was even better dipping the sausage in mustard, (grainy highly reccomended) the thing is i tasted as a went some of the spices weren't added til after i added the pepsi but i reccomend adding them before nor did a measure anything just enough pepsi to cover is the only thing and 3/4th of a red onion and 2 cloves of garlic. i didn't think it turned out but it did.
I should mention the sausage i had bought it already cooked so i'd probably cook it longer and possibly precook it in the onion spice mixture before adding the pepsi.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Veggie Enchilada Verde Casserole
black beans
roasted butternut squash
salsa verde
corn tortillas
pepper jack cheese

topped with sliced jalapenos and plain greek yogurt

Lentils and Spinach folded in Yogurt
steamed black lentils
spinach
parsley
lemon
garlic
basil
plain greek yogurt
parmesean
salt/pepper
curried cashews

with whole grain baguette

Creamy Mushroom Pasta
linguine
mixed mushrooms
peas
spinach
home made cream sauce
topped with toasted almonds and parmesean

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
images.jpg

images-1.jpg

ALigot is a french speciality mainly coming from the area of Cantal (the same name as its cheese),

it is made with mashed potatoes, garlic, cream, butter and, of course "tome fraîche du cantal", this famous cheese of ours !

Here is a french link you can probably translate for history and cooking Aligot de l'Aubrac

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wow this is a really bad page for hungry people.

Anywho, I made a thing! Who knew I could cook? :happy2:

yum1.jpg

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Onion and Pepper Smothered Round Steak from Emeril Lagasse

Looks like slop and there is a bit more heat than I'd like, but it is flavorful and delicious. I'll cut down on the cayenne and black pepper next time. This one's a keeper.

Herself

MBTI Type
INXX
Fantastic thread!
I decided to make "Bacon" out of portobello mushrooms. Currently it is baking in the oven, so I have yet to taste it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I made some American food. Pork roast & gravy. Roast Apples, onions & carrots.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yesterday I made ginger molasses cookies and they turned out perfect. [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] I chilled the dough so they wouldn't spread as much. My coworkers and boyfriend were both very pleased when I shared them.

Today I made taco salad with leftover chicken from enchiladas over the weekend. :wubbie:

Pinker85

Veggie Mexican rice bowl. I used Chef of The Future Southwestern seasonings and salt (https://www.chef-ofthefuture.com/) ... and it came out delicious!! Probably some of the tastiest and highest quality seasoning I've had in a while, the spices taste super fresh.

Rice, stewed tomatoes, onion, garbanzo beans, cheddar cheese, olives, sour cream, and avocado. So goooood!!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] I chilled the dough so they wouldn't spread as much.
Ohhh. That explains why my ginger cookies turned out kind of crunchy. Lesson learned!

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Chinese Braised Beef from America's Test Kitchen. Chris said this was the best beef stew or something so I had to make it. It's in the oven right now.

Verdict: It's good but not great. I don't really like the taste of the 5-spice.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Kimchi ramen!

https://web.archive.org/web/20150115233620/http:/www.happyolks.com/kimchi-ramen

Yummy recipe. (There's a reason it got so popular with food-blog types recently.)

I kept the leftover broth (sans miso) and leftover noodles / kimchi to eat tomorrow. I think when I eat the leftovers I will use the actual requested amounts of kimchi and miso. I accidentally used too much kimchi and not enough miso and it was kind of overwhelmingly kimchi-y.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Layered potatoes with 50% boiled eggs and 10% smoked sausage. (With my style this is rather "layered eggs".)

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Charlaine's Very Unsophisticated Supper Dip from 'The Mystery Writers' Cookbook'. The photo looked delicious so I had to make it; it tastes just like regular chili which is weird because it uses dry ranch dressing, taco mix, and red wine. There are better chili recipes out there.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Frozen potstickers.

This is definitely not going to be a cooking week. I'm all cooked out from Thanksgiving.