• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Bojon Gourmet: Baked Green Chilaquiles with Sweet Corn + Summer Squash {gluten-free}

Made this for brunch with my INTP roommate. SO FRIGGIN AMAZING.

Specific/substituted ingredients:
- 1.5 jars Trader Joe's salsa verde
- 8-inch wheat tortillas (filled up 2 baking sheets and otherwise ignored the requested amounts -- it ended up being perfect)
- Pattypan squash from my CSA, instead of zucchini
- Mozzarella instead of jack cheese (but with loads of cotija sprinkled on top)

[MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION] I think you would like this recipe!

Pinker85

mU7sa3p.jpg

Shredded pork and cabbage Benedict and pineapple bluberry smoothie

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Zucchini-not-crab cakes with avocado lemon garlic sauce

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
cooking a huge pot of vegetable soup in the slow cooker

did
olive oil
clove of garlic
vegetable soup mix
2lbs beef ox tails
quarter of onion
vegetable soup mix (contains tomatoes,onions,celery,potatoes,okra,corn,lima beans,green beans)
stalk of celery
marjoram
thyme
water
tiny tiny bit of beef bouillon
tomato paste
salt
pepper
bay leaf

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Beef Stroganoff from Cook's Illustrated. I used regular French's Mustard instead of dried mustard and about 3 Tablespoons of soy sauce instead of 2 teaspoons. It was ok, nothing to write home about. It was a bit more salty than I'd expect, but that was probably my fault.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Things I cooked over the weekend:

Healthy Maple Pumpkin Muffins - Cookie and Kate
Verdict: Fine, but not anything I'd make again. Too boring. Also, an inefficient use of a fairly expensive ingredient (maple syrup). You can't even taste the maple in it.

Baked Eggs with Spinach and Tomatoes - Budget Bytes
Verdict: amazing as always. This time I crumbled a mini Babybel cheese wheel on top of it and it worked great!

pumpkin lassi — A Brown Table
Verdict: it's the first thing I've made in a long while that I loathed. To the point of feeling sick to my stomach. If you think the taste of yogurt is the best thing ever, which I don't, then you'd like it. But I don't, so I didn't. Maybe it was because the pumpkin didn't balance out the yogurt taste like mango tends to, in mango lassi.

Butternut Squash Lasagna Recipe : Giada De Laurentiis : Food Network
Verdict: Really, really good.
FYIs and modifications:
- Use either a VERY large squash, or more than one small squash. Otherwise you will barely have enough.
- Cook the squash to the point of overcooking it, or else it won't blend well. Although if it doesn't blend well, it'll still be excellent in the lasagna.
- You will most likely use less cheese than they call for.
- I ignore the amaretti cookie thing -- why the hell would you put cookies in your lasagna?? -- but it tasted amazing anyway
- I used dried basil and it was great, but it would be even better with fresh

Proctor

MBTI Type
INTJ
I made a sandwich. Doesn't sound impressive at first. But this was an artisan, gourmet hand made organic locally sourced fair trade sandwich.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Some good old mac and cheese!! :D!! :wizfreak:

I used a combo of cottage cheese, sour cream, and a really strong tasting cheese from Trader Joe's (Cheddar/Guyere mix) to bulk up the cheesy creamy factor without needing a ton of the expensive cheese in it.. and I also put a lot of veggies in the mix - broccoli, red peppers, onions, and mushrooms. It came out pretty damn nice if I do say so myself, especially with a spritz of truffle oil on top (which my boyfriend hates with a passion).

I also made a decent, cheap coleslaw out of some avocado-ranch yogurt dressing, chopped veggies (cabbage, carrots, jicama, cilantro, onion, radishes, etc.), a tiny bit of ponzu sauce (its citrus-y and salty), and mustard. Yay!

On the roster for tomorrow: Pumpkin pancakes, bacon, and some baked cupcake-pan quiches :) Step 1. Cook bacon so it lays flat. Step 2. Dip bacon in pancake mix. Step 3. Pour pancake mix into a bacon-like shape on the pan and then press the bacon into it. Step 4. Flip. Step 5. Omg yay!

Pinker85

gbgCxMw.jpg

Hot cocoa and chocolate, going to do other self care things ... I'm fine, ya bitches!! Just need to take care of this precious gem that is ME :smile:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Forgot to take a picture, but chicken/rice/veggie mix. And also a fruit parfait. I don't really know how to cook so it was a very exciting experience :laugh:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Bacon-inside-pumpkin-pancakes were AMAZING. Also, to go with it: Hot chocolate with ginger boiled in the water :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A salad that I actually liked! Miracle of miracles!

- Several handfuls of salad greens (purple lettuce, arugula, squiggly purple and green things)
- Lots of goat cheese
- Rice vinegar + olive oil
- 1 sliced pluot

gromit

likes this
"Chicken pot pie!... Those are my three favorite things!"
- Pablo Francisco

Did you use a recipe?? May I borrow it from you???

Ah unfortunately no recipe, but I can describe the gist of it and maybe you can recreate it.

It has lentils, chopped carrots and cabbage, onion and garlic. I cooked up all the ingredients ahead of time and cooked a bit of flour in a few Tbs butter to thicken up some veggie broth. Seasoned the broth with some curry and sage (sounds like a weird combo but it is amazing together - go lighter on the curry and a little heavier on the sage), and some nutritional yeast, but you can prob skip that ingredient if you don't have it. Mixed everything up and dumped into casserole dish and topped with a very simple whole wheat crust and brushed egg yolk on top.

Baked at 375F for ~25-30min? Basically watch for the crust to get brown :)

gromit

likes this
A salad that I actually liked! Miracle of miracles!

- Several handfuls of salad greens (purple lettuce, arugula, squiggly purple and green things)
- Lots of goat cheese
- Rice vinegar + olive oil
- 1 sliced pluot

That sounds awesome. Do you not like salads generally? I love adding fruit to it: strawberries, pears, peaches, grapes, etc. And some fresh herbs. All of those go great with green onions but you can mix it up too with like dill or cilantro or mint!

don't judge salad based on the old iceberg lettuce with limp cucumber and mealy pink tomato slice on top! nobody likes that :alttongue: